Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: i dont get this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

everybody can choose how to play his/her game, ill take a long break and removed pl from tablet.
    This rpg is to childish for me now like this.
    Thnx for the replies and enjoy the game with or without potions.
    cu guys around

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    everybody can choose how to play his/her game, ill take a long break and removed pl from tablet.
    This rpg is to childish for me now like this.
    Thnx for the replies and enjoy the game with or without potions.
    cu guys around
    Look, man, i know how you feel, but a game has to earn money somewhere.. You can't really expect STS to stop selling elixirs can you a games got to earn money somehow and elixirs is Pl's tool to earn money from us.
    Even if you convinced everyone in this thread to boot elixir players and stop using it, it wouldn't make a difference.. Just make your peace with it

And how much EXP are you on until 61 ?

Lv 61 Int-Chantress Silverkakari
    Lv 21 farming twink DairyFarmer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The same old song and dance in every MMO game...why do people paypal....well for me it is a time constraint thing. i dont get to play much plus i have to handle guild issues when i do get online...so i use elixers to speed things up for me....so if you see me in a dungeon im willing to bet i will have elixer on. plat buyers keep the game free for the young ones who cant paypal. so just keep booting or creating prv games, that way you can have your pristine elixer free games.
    Legion Guild {guild-master}

Trixxspet {lvl 60 Storm-Bringer}
    TexasTrigger
    {lvl 36 Stick-Slinger}

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

So elixers, how can that be a problem to you?

If they join your games boot them, if your in someone elses game its their choice, if your in a random game then just leave.
    And it still takes work to get to lvl 61 even with elixers.
    Also some people have a life and dont have all their time to spend on the game. If they want to use elixers so they can be top level then their more than welcome to.

As for the crafting thing, its only the recipies you can buy, it takes a lot of time and effort to get the sets crafted. Have you seen how many glyphic blade steels are needed? And how rare they are and the price of just one. Also being able to buy recipies with plat helps those less rich or players with less time.
    And also makes STS money to help towards updates.

So after that being said i dont see why u have a problem? Your not forced to be in an elixer group, and its not your concern if ppl want to use elixers or buy crafting items for platinum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

like i said problem solved , ill take a break!!

I dont like the game anymore easy like that, this isnt a mmorph this is a kids game and im to old for a kidsgame!
    Problem solved.

@ damon u should go into politics and save the world because no one has a problem in your eyes!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

I think the problem is because since AO3 all the mobs are too hard to enjoy some single runs. I loved the original first three dungeons because we could do it OURSELVES! The mobs were challenging if alone yes, but the difficulty is insane now. We need the old Forest Haven back with its awesome quest formula, decrease mob difficulty, and bring back a strong storyline! I think this would help alot.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Some great responses here. I share your distaste for elixir overuse. You can tell the difference sometimes between someone that hardly play without elixirs and those who don't--much more strategy and knowhow on the part of the latter. So far I've met 60s and 61s who don't know the unique aspects of each boss because they kill them so easily, a 61 toon who was killed by a barrel on the way to Dr Noxious because they didn't decom (ok, grant you, there are people who don't like quests, but it made me lol), don't know how to pull, how to work in a team, don't know combos and megas...

I think I've used pots a couple of times in Nuri, also I can't resist the occasional daily free elixir and I think I bought an hour or whatever in my ramp to 56, so I've mostly been elixir free. I enjoy doing runs with or without elixired up people and keep up most times--if you think non-potted people are superfluous... well, I've revved a few of them plus the heals do help against gravestone, which I've seen kill a potted up toon.

I would stop short of some of the claims you are making, that is, that people running in demonic sets bought it with plat--seriously? You think that all of them did? You can't buy the craft items, plus there are few would really put in real money to buy the recipes when you can get them from gold you built up through farming.

And saying that people who use elixirs are bad players... well, I have people in my friends list who use elixirs because of a number of different reasons, e.g. no time in between study or work, or they've already levelled one or two toons and the thought of bringing up a third the slow way kills them. These are great players, potted or not potted and I'd play with them either way.

So, yes, I have misgivings, but I've reconciled myself to elixirs and would refrain from the sweeping judgements in that original post.
    Uepauke
    PL mage (66) and SL engineer (25), also Loonybird (65) in PL and others
    Alterran Royal Guard and The Farmers' Collective

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    I think there's a big difference in the two situations. As a non-elixir user I like to play in a way that requires team effort, a bear to group, birds for the bosses and some mob damage, and mages for healing/ressing and clearing mobs.
    You mean playing the game the way it was designed to be played?

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    The non elixir user doesn't contribute anything but they don't need him anyway so nothing has changed. His focus is just trying to keep up to leech xp (if that's what he wants to do).
    Turns out to be a little like CtK before the min level to join maps where implemented, right?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to StompArtist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

perhaps i stated something wrong, i dont mind exp elixers really i dont, thats everybodys choice and i even use them myself, i am talking bout the potions that make u so strong!!!
    Oh and i got all the respect for ppl who farmed their gear, thats the true game spirit
    I try to explain that all is been made so easy and i dont like easy, but i dont like to boot all the time to have a normal game myself.
    Like i said the problem is solved, ill take a long break and evaluate the game in a few months.

I know i use strong words but thats simply how i express myself, i dont wana offend anybody.
    But without strong words there will be no arguments and ive seen some pretty good ones here in favor and against my opinion and i respect both.

Am i frustrated? i guess i am a little bit because the game takes a turn in (in my eyes) wrong direction.
    Am i willing to pay for the game? YES, but not for elixers that make me incredible strong and imbalance the game.
    Am i buying recipies for gear? NO i like to earn it by farming.

Oh i said it before, this game would be nice if we had the option to play any lv in different modes like normal hard and elite, that way i would go back and play all lv all over again. In WoW u could choose on what lv u play a dungeon just to find ur own limitations and answers to hard bosses and so on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Am I the only one here who loves combo elixrs? It may not even be because i'm trying to level faster because of time issues in my life, but because its... fun? Or am I alone in this?

I think I know how to play my mage fairly well at this point. It was when I reached lvl 53 when I really took the dive into using platinum elixrs. I don't know. I hope ppl really dont come into a dungeon with me thinking that i'm some guy who dosn't know his role. I absolutely know my role. I'm just trying to have fun and it helps. I like to use elixrs a lot also to help out my guild members who need it. The game gets hard. I love running through nuri's without being potted when there's a good group with me. I also love running through potted and helping the team reach whatever goal it is they're trying to reach.

I dont know. Maybe i'll be the red-headed child in this whole thing. I'm fine with it. I just love the game.
    PL - Navygreen
    AL - Viicks (me), Littlesis (my sis)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Navygreen View Post
    Am I the only one here who loves combo elixrs? It may not even be because i'm trying to level faster because of time issues in my life, but because its... fun? Or am I alone in this?
    Not at all. I believe that the problem resides with mixing elixir users and non elixir users on the same instance. It "spoils" the game for the non elixir users (in my view anyways).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    Not at all. I believe that the problem resides with mixing elixir users and non elixir users on the same instance. It "spoils" the game for the non elixir users (in my view anyways).
    Not to contradict myself but I can totally understand after hearing some people's responses. I'll just have to ask when I join a PUG if they mind. I actually reached 58 two days ago and I haven't potted up since. Not sure why, I just haven't. I reached a personal goal to make it to 58 by the end of this month and i'm way ahead so now I can relax and just play.
    PL - Navygreen
    AL - Viicks (me), Littlesis (my sis)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Haha I dont get why people complain about stuff like this. And this is in like ALL MMOs lol. Think about it like this, in three-thousand years, when we are living with aliens and the human species has mastered technolgy all humans will stand as one together. It wont matter if we are from iraq or the us, we will all stand together and try to make humanity look like the greater species. And we are complaing about video games? Makes me wonder..............
    Guess who's back, back again, Ghastly's back, tell your friends :-D
    ~Ghastly~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ghastly View Post
    Haha I dont get why people complain about stuff like this. And this is in like ALL MMOs lol. Think about it like this, in three-thousand years, when we are living with aliens and the human species has mastered technolgy all humans will stand as one together. It wont matter if we are from iraq or the us, we will all stand together and try to make humanity look like the greater species. And we are complaing about video games? Makes me wonder..............
    Trekkie?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    Trekkie?
    Lol yes.
    Guess who's back, back again, Ghastly's back, tell your friends :-D
    ~Ghastly~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

@ love PPl farmed a lot? nuri is just out ! and yes i farmed my @ss off for the last year so i know what is like to get a fortified set or any other set.
    and no im lv 60 because im not using elixers and because i spend less time on pl due to the elixers, its spoiling gameplay so i think booting ppl isnt unfair, i can use elixers but i dont want to.
    What i try to explain is that anyone can become 61 in no time even when ur a bad player and everybody can wear a gear with little effort. what fun is that if you worked hard for it like yourself?

whats next ? option to become lv45 from the start?

The balance in this game is gone.
    im a hardcore rpg player and i dont get a good feeling bout myself if i can buy my way into a game and then be a fake star player with gear that was bought.
    As a person who hasn't bought plat, I totally disagree. People on elixirs also need to "farm their @*** off" to get drops. The elixirs only help you finish the level, not give you glyph pinks every single time (Luck part of the elixir helps very little. It's at like a 2% increase of drop chance.)

How are elixirs spoiling gameplay? If people want to play the game without elixirs, it's their choice. But people on elixirs also decided to use their own money. It's the same in every good MMO (except maybe some ones with monthly subscriptions). To get to lvl 61, even with the elixir, it takes at least a couple days of hardcore grinding. It's not so easy.

Also, how can everyone wear gear with little effort. There are VERY few people who buy money with plat and even if they do, good gear costs in the millions. What's the difference between a non-elixir person getting good gear and an elixir person getting good gear? They all used money that they earned through, for example, farming and merchanting.

To conclude, the only advantage people have over non-elixirs is gaining exp. Getting the money to buy good gear isn't easier with elixirs. Good gear CANNOT be bought with platinum (unless you decide to use over $1000 in real life...) All good MMO's are like this. I think you would know as you play RPGs.

(PS: Star players aren't people who are at the maximum level. They are people who are skilled at the game: PVP. Plat cannot help you in pvp. Not directly anyways.. Just my opinion. )
    Last edited by 13lacklegionz; 10-06-2011 at 07:54 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

walking into a dungeon with potions kick around you and kill all isnt fair gameplay ok let me use the word CHEAT.
    And cheat in any game is a gamespoiler!!! and ruins the balance

And none off the rps or mmorphs i play know the option to cheat.
    i cant make it any clearer than this.

Ok lets make an option to not go even into the dungeon lets just pay to see what drops!?! thats how it feels like to play this game thru my eyes. kids all want it easy and still be a BIG guy in the game. I seen lots of players that are 60 or 61 that dont even know about combos.
    Like i said its become a kids game paid by older fooks.
    Last edited by cynic; 10-07-2011 at 01:08 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

walking into a dungeon with potions kick around you and kill all isnt fair gameplay ok let me use the word CHEAT.
    And cheat in any game is a gamespoiler!!! and ruins the balance

And none off the rps or mmorphs i play know the option to cheat.
    i cant make it any clearer than this.

Ok lets make an option to not go even into the dungeon lets just pay to see what drops!?! thats how it feels like to play this game thru my eyes. kids all want it easy and still be a BIG guy in the game. I seen lots of players that are 60 or 61 that dont even know about combos.
    Like i said its become a kids game paid by older fooks.
    Here's a tip. Try and work on your personality, that way you can make some friends in the game, run with them in locked games, problem solved.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default oh

I agree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

justb thats really helpfull ty. no i never made any friends ur right.
    I use the word CHEAT and now its my personality??
    @ justb from all ppl i know in this game and all ur helpfull things here on the forum this is what u come up with??? really disapointing

sick twist in this story seems. all the time its my personality man really.
    touch the potions and its some ones personality?

so when i have a good personality cheating my way thru a game isnt that bad thats what u r saying.

really ?????? man ive learned something here

up to the store to buy some potion to boost my personality and since im at it i get some botox to make all complete.
    Last edited by cynic; 10-07-2011 at 03:08 AM.