Thread: Get your farming twinks ready for Farming Legends!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Default Get your farming twinks ready for Farming Legends!

(not to be confused with "Farmin' Legends")
    Announcements!

Freezing XP is no longer needed (unless you want to).

With the changes to drop mechanics, you don't really need a team of particular levels anymore to farm certain items as long as you are the level you want to drop. But for holiday items, you'll still want to team up with similarly leveled players, otherwise you can end up dying *a lot* playing with higher leveled players.

If you are trying to get into the guild but cannot find anyone to invite you, try sending a /tell FarmingAsst. If I am on, I can invite you from him.

The aim of this guild, Farming Legends, is to farm for desirable scaled items.

Last year, many missed out on getting scaled gear from the temporary Halloween and Winter Festival campaigns. This guild will help those who want to avoid that from happening again!

As an example, last year's Winter Festival dropped items at levels 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, (level cap) 50.
    In order to fully take advantage of scaled drops, you'll want to have twinks at the level of the drops you want to loot.

(I currently have twinks at every 5 levels up to L35. I'm working on a L40 and a L45 and am considering a L50. So it should be fairly easy to get drops at whatever level people want to do.)

But, Farming Legends isn't just about Halloween or Winter Festival!

Farming Legends will be open for farming other things like:
    L10 Pink Armors!
    L15 Purple Crossbows!
    L21 SSC Pinks!
    L30 Swamp Pinks!
    ... and more!!!

HOW TO JOIN
    1. Level your twink to your desired level (levels that are multiples of 5 are preferred, but not necessarily required)
    2. send a friend request to: FarmingLegend[/B]
    3. repeat for additional toons at other levels

FAQs
    Q. Will I be able to buy cheaper potions, etc?
    A. Yes! Check the guild hall after joining!

Q. Why do I have to add FarmingLegend?
    A. It makes it easier for me to add you to the guild. Also, it makes things easier if you decide to leave and come back!

Q. Is farming all this guild will do?
    A. Mostly, but not entirely. If there's enough interest, we can do "fun runs" using level appropriate toons. Example: No-Potion L30 Frozen Nightmare runs! L50 Shadow Cave runs! L1 Naked Forest Haven runs!

Q. Can I be an officer?
    A. Perhaps

Q. What twink level(s) should I make?
    A. Taking last year's Winter Festival as an example, I would make toons up to L25 (it doesn't take long to make a set of L10, L15, L20, L25). For non-Halloween/WF-type temporary campaigns, L30 Swamps farming can be fun (and often soloable) also!

Q. If I'm, for example, a L22, can I drop L20 and L25 items?
    A. With the change to drop mechanics, if you are in a holiday map which drops every 5 levels, a L22 will only drop L20 items. Enemies remaining used to factor in whether you'd drop a low level item, or the next level tier up. Now, items will scale down to your level as if you completed the map. So, if an item drops every 5 levels, you need to be the item level +/- 2, where L18-22 drops L20, and L23-27 drops L25, etc. If an item drops every other level (most common in BS and up) you need to be the item level or item level + 1, where L51-52 drops L51, L53-54 drops L53, and L55-L56+ drops L55.

Q. I have a twink which is already in a guild but would like to join your runs. May I?
    A. Yes, if spots in a run are available! Add my dispatcher: FarmingAsst

Q. Why haven't you added me yet?
    A. Due to friend request spammers, I won't add you until I see that we're both online at the same time. That way I can join you and confirm your interest in being in the guild. If it's taking longer than expected, just PM me when you'll be on (please indicate what timezone also). You can often find me in Chatbox, roughly 7AM - 3PM Pacific (-7GMT)

Q. Do I have to have all my toons in the guild? Do I have to stay in the guild?
    A. No to both. Although this is a guild with a focus, it's a guild with a FUN focus. If you feel, at any time, like you aren't having fun, you're free to leave. If you feel like coming back, just ask! Just remember that it will be easier to find runs that you want to join if you use guild chat in the guild

Q. What about other farming guilds?
    A. The only other one I've seen so far is The Farmers Collective, GM'd by im4broke (ign: Walkswitharis). Feel free to join either guild!

Q. Will you make a farming guild for SL?
    A. I do not foresee being interested in that endeavor, so feel free to use the guild name there, if you so choose!
    Last edited by drewcapu; 12-12-2011 at 01:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.