Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pink Drop Rate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Pink Drop Rate

Ok so i know lots of ppl are complaing about the pink drop rate.

I dont like the rate. but i appreciate the challenge. Ill probably farm most of them anyway. who else appreciates them?
    Renumoth damage pot spamming, 91 dodge, sexy shiv bear
    Tjornan super ultra pink carrying, rich pally Mokugoja Pretty lame twink really
    Phoenix Guild. Rising From the Ashes
    "Im here to kick butt and drink milk. and i just finished my milk...." - ME

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I don't know that much about the new pink drop rate, I still haven't caught up yet. But anyways.....
    w00t w00t first reply.
    Last edited by Flamin; 06-29-2010 at 04:50 PM.
    http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac50/EliteFlamin/atomicenergy-2.jpgHonored Master of The Crusaders of Legend PLoading --- Warrior --- Level 21 EliteFlamin --- Archer --- Level 47

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I don't appreciate it. Sorry.
    I don't like it too easy...
    But we had TWO pinks drop in the ENTIRE AO2 campaign...
    I walked away with a couple of greens and trash. That's just not ok to me.
    The drop rates are so low that I could play the campaign and hit lvl 45 (using no xp potions) and have no pinks...
    Not a single one...

The prices for the pinks will go through the roof... But it's no fun playing and getting nothing. I don't want it to be easy but I don't like this drop rate at all.

It makes me unhappy. But, that's just my personal opinion
    I'm glad you like it, TJ I'm sure I'm in the minority...
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Every time the devs nurf the pink drop rates, they are turning their backs on the casual players. All because the a$$hole hardcore players demand a lower drop rate because they claim it's "too easy to get good gear"... Why devs? Why have you guys been turning your backs on the casual players? Every time some douche claims the drop rates are to high, they claim that everyone will have the same gear set up. Who the F cares? This game WAS originaly made for the casual player before the lifeless, friendless, or jobless hardcore players demanded a lower drop rate. Now the only way one can get any good gear is by farming the bosses(farming is just the bosses is for losers and destroys the value of the game), or having to pay outragious gold for scraps. I know that the "hardcore" will flame me for this, but I seem to be the only person who is defending the game for casual players, as the general majority of people on the fourms are the so called hardcore players. I mean seariously, spending hours playing this game hoping for a pink drop is by far the worst aspect of the games, even the high selling prices for any pinks with a low drop rate is turning your backs and literally flipping the bird to the casual player. Enough said.
    Esus-Archer|Glyph-Warrior|Kangol- Paladin (Enchantress)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Esus View Post
    Every time the devs nurf the pink drop rates, they are turning their backs on the casual players. All because the a$$hole hardcore players demand a lower drop rate because they claim it's "too easy to get good gear"... Why devs? Why have you guys been turning your backs on the casual players? Every time some douche claims the drop rates are to high, they claim that everyone will have the same gear set up. Who the F cares? This game WAS originaly made for the casual player before the lifeless, friendless, or jobless hardcore players demanded a lower drop rate. Now the only way one can get any good gear is by farming the bosses(farming is just the bosses is for losers and destroys the value of the game), or having to pay outragious gold for scraps. I know that the "hardcore" will flame me for this, but I seem to be the only person who is defending the game for casual players, as the general majority of people on the fourms are the so called hardcore players. I mean seariously, spending hours playing this game hoping for a pink drop is by far the worst aspect of the games, even the high selling prices for any pinks with a low drop rate is turning your backs and literally flipping the bird to the casual player. Enough said.
    HEY IM RAGIN SO IMA RAGE IN EVERY DROP TOPIC I SEE.

:P

Also, here's something for everyone to think about: if there weren't epic (read: easy) drop rates before, would we even care about the drop rates now? The answer is no.

Flaimdude: Lvl31 Mage Flaimer: Lvl15 Arch Flaimior: Lvl14 Bear
    "If you're not careful asommers will catch up to you lol" ~Royce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't mind the drop rate, it makes a pink actually rare but i do think it is a little extreme now and i could see how people hate it. What i don't like is how people complain so much WHILE PLAYING about it after killing a boss. They should make the drop rate similar to how it was in the swamps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Cool it guys...The devs can't please everyone....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As far as I'm concerned one playthrough of a campaign should give you a pink most of the time, otherwise they just aren't rare, alternatively, add a new grade of item - red maybe, and don't ever let the droprate climb high enough that casual players then expect this grade of item.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think the drop rate suck!

While AO 1 dropped way too much, sometimes 3 pinks in one boss, by nerfting the drop rate 5 times, it is way too harsh.

Personally I think a rought estimate 1 pink every two/three bosses, is kind of fair.

That's main reason I don't play Swamp at all, just lvl through Skeller.

Also I think we should fix the certain items from the bosses, not randomise them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

1 pink every 2-3 bosses, that's the same as Skeller. Consider that each player has their own individual loot chance, with a full game, there are 5 chances an item will drop, on skeller at least one person gets a pink pretty much every time. I get maybe 3 pinks per playthrough on Skeller usually, that's about one every 4/5 bosses.

Don't forget that the Lesser D'jinn drop rate is higher than a trash mob but not as good as a normal boss.

I do agree that certain items should drop off certain bosses though, it helps the casual players to hunt down what they need.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

i like it. gives me something to do for the next month. why is everyone expecting to be fully outfitted by the time they hit 45?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bmc85uk View Post
    1 pink every 2-3 bosses, that's the same as Skeller. Consider that each player has their own individual loot chance, with a full game, there are 5 chances an item will drop, on skeller at least one person gets a pink pretty much every time. I get maybe 3 pinks per playthrough on Skeller usually, that's about one every 4/5 bosses.

Don't forget that the Lesser D'jinn drop rate is higher than a trash mob but not as good as a normal boss.

I do agree that certain items should drop off certain bosses though, it helps the casual players to hunt down what they need.
    What I meant is 1 Pink for every 2-3 bosses among the 5 players not each player.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I've already responded to a few of your comments, so i'll just say your wrong as i explained why elsewhere.

Although specifically to this comment, there is no classic boss farming in A02 where you fight the first two bosses and restart the map. There are many bosses spread out deep within the maps. A02 doesn't have boss farming and its awesome. Also there are no high priced pink anymore cause it was so easy to find anything you needed in AO1, so honestly you are pulling that out of thin air. The drop rate is awesome right now. I'm seeing about 2-4 pinks per level on the last 3 levels. Thats what it should be.

Tell ya what, i got plenty of extra pinks, i'll give you some if it makes you feel better.

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Smartress View Post
    What I meant is 1 Pink for every 2-3 bosses among the 5 players not each player.
    1 pink every 2 bosses is equal to a 10% droprate, 1 every 3 would then be 6.6 recurring, as far as im concerned 5-7 is ok as I've already explained here, although I think at the moment (excluding the Lesser D'Jinn mini bosses) it's probably a little lower than that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think the pink drop rate is way lowever than 5%, after the NERF.

I have done AO part 1, 5 The Great Pyramid after the NERF, with a party of 5, clear all bosses (5), 2/3 times in a roll without one single PINK drop.

What is probability of that happening (more likely than not after the nerf), assume Pink Drop Rate per Boss in 2%, non-pink will be 1-2%=98%

98%^25 (5 players) x (5 bosses) = 60.35%,

To clear instances 3 times without a pink, 98% ^ 75 = 21.98%

The fact it is more likely happen than not, I think the PINK drop rate is more like 0.5%-1% or lower per boss.
    Last edited by Smartress; 06-29-2010 at 11:04 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

UMAD?

(The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.)
    Mains: (L50 W/DEATH & HATE): Trogs, Ceno
    Big Twinks: (L35): ProByDesign (L32): SenseOfTouch (L20): Thott, XTD, Agentboo, RYFG
    Little Twinks: (L19): Trogz, TwinkThis (L17): BerserkNerd (L10): GeeYouKnit
    KDR PVP Leaderboard: Thott

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think the drop rate is just fine as it is now It's not too easy neither is it really too hard. It just promotes team play and a chance to make more friends! And well, it gives you a chance to spend all the gold you've now right ?
    [On a Break... Waiting for the next big update...]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    I've already responded to a few of your comments, so i'll just say your wrong as i explained why elsewhere.

Although specifically to this comment, there is no classic boss farming in A02 where you fight the first two bosses and restart the map. There are many bosses spread out deep within the maps. A02 doesn't have boss farming and its awesome. Also there are no high priced pink anymore cause it was so easy to find anything you needed in AO1, so honestly you are pulling that out of thin air. The drop rate is awesome right now. I'm seeing about 2-4 pinks per level on the last 3 levels. Thats what it should be.

Tell ya what, i got plenty of extra pinks, i'll give you some if it makes you feel better.
    Really Azrael? First off I'm not entirely wrong on the matter, and I'm not the only person who thinks the low drop rates are BS. What gives you the right to say so? Aren't I entitled to my opinion, as you are to yours? I've never gone as far as to simply say your wrong on any subject. You have your opinion and I have mine. Secondly, I don't want your freebie items.
    Last edited by Esus; 06-29-2010 at 11:56 PM.
    Esus-Archer|Glyph-Warrior|Kangol- Paladin (Enchantress)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Haters gonna hate.

-Adv

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll take any freebie items.........but I am enjoying the drop rate especially when the lesser's drop a pink or even drop two. It actually makes getting a pink mildly exciting.