Thread: Game joining system

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Exclamation Game joining system

Please make a system that allows you to join unknown players in PvE. I'm new to AL and I've been playing PvE alone since I started. This isn't what you'd expect from an MMO. If I wanted to play PvE by myself I would rather play Skyrim.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bazinga! View Post
    Please make a system that allows you to join unknown players in PvE. I'm new to AL and I've been playing PvE alone since I started. This isn't what you'd expect from an MMO. If I wanted to play PvE by myself I would rather play Skyrim.
    LOL..... I feel your pain, bro...........

I don't think that will happen anytime soon but, it would really be cool............

I guess the best way around that is to have like an insane amount of friends and just hope that you can find 1 or 2 of them running those OTHER, uncommon maps that some of us would like to run here and there......

I would like to run some of those other maps more often but......(*finish with your own thought here*)............ So I just run the HOT maps like somberholt until I get tired/pissed off by PUGs that consists of players doings things that makes me almost rage destroy my device (deary portal mob interruption, mages using that god forsaken "CHARGED GALE" to break up mobs that wen have bunched together (*SCREAMS*), ETC., ETC............

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Haha. But seriously, I don't understand how people leveled up in the first place. For a new player, meeting people in maps is a good way to make friends that you can run with, because they would be the same level, and they would want to run the same map as you. For newbies like me, leveling up will be faster and the experience in terms of team gameplay will come quicker. I don't understand the logic behind this random joining system....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

It is hard starting from scratch, it's been awhile but I remember. Now-a-days you can autolevel for play. Good way to jump to end game but in map wisdom is lacking.

A good guild is the best way to go, one where more experienced players are willing to help newer players through difficult situations.

I've made many good friends along the way, I think I have 273 friends at the moment and I clear out my friends list of non players. I also only usually accept friend requests at level 61 unless they are in my guild.

Keep grinding and meeting interesting people along the way. It's a little bit of work but well worth the effort.

Good luck,

Uca

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    936 Posts

Take a peak at the thread titled "Characters at different levels" stickied in the General Discussion section.

The graph indicates a parabola. At one end, you see great numbers in population because these levels are more easily accessible, and they gradually decline up until recent caps, which house mostly inactive players, and finally the current cap which houses endgamers.

I blame the lack of a consistent leveling system. And the autolevel feature just simply makes things worse.

Areas in Brackenridge through Dead City are more popular than Nordr through Glintstone simply because new players come in, play for a bit, then lose interest and leave.

These quests help tremendously with this, and I'm wondering what the graph would now look like, but it cuts off at around Lvl 40 when the story quests have all been completed and you see massive increments between levels. It can be disheartening by the time you reach around lvl 43 when you realize how much longer it takes to level, especially considering the lack of xp in recent areas' daily quests. The grind between lv41 and lv61 can be overwhelming for most players, since the amount of xp needed is probably 3 or 4 times (maybe more) more than what was needed for 1-40, minus all of the XP quests you encounter between brackenridge and shuyal.
    Last edited by Zylx; 02-17-2017 at 11:19 PM.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    Take a peak at the thread titled "Characters at different levels" stickied in the General Discussion section.

The graph indicates a parabola. At one end, you see great numbers in population because these levels are more easily accessible, and they gradually decline up until recent caps, which house mostly inactive players, and finally the current cap which houses endgamers.

I blame the lack of a consistent leveling system. And the autolevel feature just simply makes things worse.

Areas in Brackenridge through Dead City are more popular than Nordr through Glintstone simply because new players come in, play for a bit, then lose interest and leave.

These quests help tremendously with this, and I'm wondering what the graph would now look like, but it cuts off at around Lvl 40 when the story quests have all been completed and you see massive. It can be disheartening by the time you reach around lvl 43 when you realize how much longer it takes to level, especially considering the lack of xp in recent areas' daily quests. The grind between lv41 and lv61 can be overwhelming for most players, since the amount of xp needed is probably 3 or 4 times (maybe more) more than what was needed for 1-40, minus all of the XP quests you encounter between brackenridge and shuyal.
    I agree with you 100% and have experienced this personally. I carried on leveling only because of Ursoth event last year and wanted the immortal weapons. Even my siblings gave up at 53 because the grind is too long and 4K daily exp is not enough really. It can be a bit of hassle too if u don't know the location. They should add a quest bar just for leveling up faster after the story and I think new players would find that more encouraging and helpful.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Azerothraven For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azerothraven View Post
    I agree with you 100% and have experienced this personally. I carried on leveling only because of Ursoth event last year and wanted the immortal weapons. Even my siblings gave up at 53 because the grind is too long and 4K daily exp is not enough really. It can be a bit of hassle too if u don't know the location. They should add a quest bar just for leveling up faster after the story and I think new players would find that more encouraging and helpful.
    In my opinion the exp curve has to be reduced always when a new expansion gets introduced. So that for example if it took 200k xp from 1-61, it should take only 100k or even 75 to lvl from 1-61 when 66 get released, so new players can catch up easily. Its very hard to get gold as a newbie atm and since there is this 10 days trade "ban" i saw a lot of newer players quitting because of getting bored of endless soloing and the problem of being undergeared. There should also be a nontradable item pack for 5-10k for every 10 lvls so newer people dont have to run with 150 dmg at lvl 41+ due to the trade ban. This will help em to lvl up easier and also will motivate them to go on playing.
    This was just my opinion.
    Sry if u get eye cancer because of my english skills

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_Z00AD mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts

Send a friend request in game I can help if you need.
    Ign:Sakurab.

Sent from my GT-I8200L using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

hve a good attitude and gear also help u to make a lot loooottt new friend.

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Playing with unknown people in PvE on uncommon maps...that gives me nostalgic feeling..it was like that before..back when I started playing AL..

..aahhhh that feeling...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

Add me if u want someone to play with you. I have 3 chars a lv 41, 51, and 56. Named seasfamous, seasiswangkj, and seasiskefe respectiveley. Add one of them if u need any help.
    <Epitome of Silentkill >

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Hey, I appreciate your help, and I'll add you guys in game.

But let's face it. We won't always be online at the same time, and you have other things you'd like to do. It'll take consistent help for months maybe to get to the cap from level 40, which is where I am now. I wouldn't be up for that.

Zylx is completely correct. I started when this game released, leveled up to 15 and stopped after Kraag because it got boring. I did the same thing again - who knows maybe a year later. And now I've reached 40 twice and come to a standstill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

Its not the first time when this comes out. I hear you. Since im playing here every time i go to the world map, a screen suddenly pops up in my mind. And its called PARTY MATCHING SYSTEM. Just like in the good old days of PL.