Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2017-02-17 Content Update (223549)

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,447 Posts

Default 2017-02-17 Content Update (223549)

+ Buy First Class, Coach and Stow-Away Tickets to Ok'Tal directly from the Elixir Store!
    + Doubled Rift Freshness! Zone Rifts will now stay open for approximately sixty (60) seconds.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to asommers For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

issues with plat swords and hammers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Usability View Post
    Looks better than before 10/10 update
    BestChuck Inflated, Vonc Overrated, Flashx Outdated, TSM Eliminated!
    Woooo Gabevizzle 😜💙

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Usability View Post
    There is an issue, although it is fixed by exiting the app and reentering.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Can we fix the int sets next update? They can play against 1h and shield. But when it comes to 2 hand weapons new int set doesnt stand a chance. My friend is a pally. He has str gear with a 2 hand sword and it seems like his skill damage is better than mine. Im a pure int mage thats not how it should work. Another 1 of my friends is l80 with derex set. And he has 40 more armor than me. Why does a l80 dex set have more armor than a l85 int set? You could fix this by nerfing the armor that 2h weapons get. Pvp simply isnt fun when your playing with an int set at end game. No matter how hard i try. If someone has a 2 hand str/dex weapon i cant kill them. The l85 str sets have 200 more armor than a pure int mage with oktal, mantex wand, and eye. Thats while the person with str is unbuffed. How is one supposed to kill something with such high armor and such high dodge? The 700 dmg i get with oktak great. 1 hands are still a struggle but not as bad.

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,157 Posts

A near future update will feature weapons and shields for Level 85's.
    Certain items will be class-bound.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    If this is the case then i must say it balances the game a lot. Tough will this make birds rather overpowered since the blaster is top tier weapon atm? Thanks in advance!

Surfingbear, surfingmage, surfingfox, surfingrhino and surfingbirdie

Theonebear, iisak, isurfi, powandwissuck, Chaosfarm and leftfootofgod

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by surfing View Post
    If this is the case then i must say it balances the game a lot. Tough will this make birds rather overpowered since the blaster is top tier weapon atm? Thanks in advance!
    Who said it would be bound to bird? maybe fox is the only one who can use it.

11.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #9
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,157 Posts

Thinking Vixens get the exclusive double daggers.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    256 Posts

That is exciting the commitment to release these new Ok'Tal weapons and shields.

But them being class-bound, is open for discussion.

I personally like the way Pocket Legend's has been created, with equipment open to all classes. Those who PVP can experiment and find a build that suits them, others try Int on bears and birds and find it "fun".

I am a farmer, I love the luxury of using bows on my favourite class - bear. And with this cap of the blasters being so powerful, I have even tried them on my mages. There is a huge difference in killing the boss with a team of blaster users on 3X damage compared to non-blaster users. The reason why Pvper's choose to use a blaster on other classes is because of the damage and dps it gives you, and is the most powerful weapon end game.

Please reconsider making these new Ok'Tal weapons class based? It will effect those who Pvp as well as farmers:
    - Pvpers the bird class will destroy all other classes with the exclusive use of the new Ok'Tal blasters.
    - Farmers the bears are back to using swords, which is a close range weapon with less dps and hit %. I currently enjoy using bows to farm with, the range, damage, Hit % and DPS is amazing. It is more efficient to hit mobs at a distance and kite, than to run up to mobs to kill them.

Again thank you and your team for all your dedication to PL we love that you care.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    256 Posts

Name:  IMG_1698.PNG
Views: 660
Size:  108.1 KB

Just for clarification.

50 plat: First class Ticket: level 80 , Hosting Warlord's Prison one time
    25 plat: Coach class Ticket: level 70, Hosting Warlord's Dungeon one time
    10 plat: Stow Away Ticket: level 25, Hosting Warlord's Maze one time

Are these maps not scaled to level 73 plus toons? Is a lower level 25 who purchases access to stow away ticket able to clear the map easy because it is scaled to his level? The elixirs indicate that lower levels can.

What occurs when the lower level goes into the portal to leave the Prison Starship to enter Planet Ok'Tal, is this map scaled to level 73 plus toons, since only level 85 loot drops?
    Last edited by Fwend; 02-17-2017 at 10:03 PM.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Thinking Vixens get the exclusive double daggers.
    Well those will have ro be pretty good to ever see use.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Zapoke For This Useful Post:

17.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #13
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zapoke View Post
    Well those will have ro be pretty good to ever see use.
    This is correct.
    | | | |

18.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #14
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fwend View Post
    Are these maps not scaled to level 73 plus toons? Is a lower level 25 who purchases access to stow away ticket able to clear the map easy because it is scaled to his level? The elixirs indicate that lower levels can.

What occurs when the lower level goes into the portal to leave the Prison Starship to enter Planet Ok'Tal?
    It's far from easy but a Level 25 group can clear the Warlord starship series and score incredible XP awards.
    XP awards are also pretty great for lower levels on the Planet but the monsters are serious Elite bad guys.
    | | | |

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

This was an update people were looking for.

ELITE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

It's far from easy but a Level 25 group can clear the Warlord starship series and score incredible XP awards.
    XP awards are also pretty great for lower levels on the Planet but the monsters are serious Elite bad guys.
    Wow that's insane

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Wow that's insane

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Doing well with the updates cinco, there's still a few adjustments.

Just going of pretty much 99% of players, 75 platinum is way to much for only a small 30 minute frame... you have gotten the spawn rate pretty spot on with THAT certain elixir. But platinum isn't fair, I would say yes 75 platinum for an hour for Shadow Hunters elixir. Or reduce 75 plat 50%, and keep it at 30 minutes.

This is actually going to make people BUY your elixir, because at this stage, you have know one buying it, and trust me going off players that actually play the game daily for hours, know this. But it doesn't take much to know what's not right...

Now with Shadow essence, and no shadow elixirs, it's useless trying to find a rift, it takes 10-15 sometimes over 20 minutes to find a rift. What if we had a thrasher elixir, we're farming an 80 map to join our level 85 map, wasting 15-20+ mins of thrasher or any expensive elixir to handle these 85 maps, which are NOT cheap, just to find a simple rift. Now that also stops people from buying thrasher, so your losing money here..

To find a rift I think it's fair that it doesn't take no longer then 10 minutes. The spawn rate for shadow essence needs to be bumped up a bit more.
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Jig For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

So I did some testing to see how the tickets work.

If you host a game with a ticket, no one can join the game unless they also have a ticket. I sat in the game 20 mins and no one joined. I tried inviting others and no one can join me unless they also have the ticket.

So if you're doing First Class runs, that's 50 plat every player, 250 plat for an entire team to run one single First Class run. Keep in mind that you'll probably get greens (if you're farming items) for your 50 plat. With the use of the 75 plat Shadow Hunter elixir, you could probably spawn 5 rifts in 30 mins and do 5 runs for the cost of 25 plat more. Now if you tried doing 5 runs with the tickets, that would cost 250 plat or 1250 plat for an entire team to run 5 runs.

If you're doing Coach Class, that's 25 plat per player, 125 plat for an entire team to go through one run. With the use of the 5 plat Shadow Essence elixir, you could probably spawn 5+ portals in an hour and do 5+ runs in that hour for 20 plat cheaper. For the entire team, that's probably 100 plat cheaper.

If you're doing Stow-Away Class, that's 10 plat per player, 50 plat for an entire team to go through one run. For free, you could probably spawn 3 rifts in an hour and save 10 plat per player, 50 plat for the entire team.

Oh, and if you leave the game (let's say you have to grab potions or you lag out), you waste your plat and can't enter the game again! Rip 50 plat.

Conclusion: don't buy tickets.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dolloway For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post
    So I did some testing to see how the tickets work.

If you host a game with a ticket, no one can join the game unless they also have a ticket. I sat in the game 20 mins and no one joined. I tried inviting others and no one can join me unless they also have the ticket.

So if you're doing First Class runs, that's 50 plat every player, 250 plat for an entire team to run one single First Class run. Keep in mind that you'll probably get greens (if you're farming items) for your 50 plat. With the use of the 75 plat Shadow Hunter elixir, you could probably spawn 5 rifts in 30 mins and do 5 runs for the cost of 25 plat more. Now if you tried doing 5 runs with the tickets, that would cost 250 plat or 1250 plat for an entire team to run 5 runs.

If you're doing Coach Class, that's 25 plat per player, 125 plat for an entire team to go through one run. With the use of the 5 plat Shadow Essence elixir, you could probably spawn 5+ portals in an hour and do 5+ runs in that hour for 20 plat cheaper. For the entire team, that's probably 100 plat cheaper.

If you're doing Stow-Away Class, that's 10 plat per player, 50 plat for an entire team to go through one run. For free, you could probably spawn 3 rifts in an hour and save 10 plat per player, 50 plat for the entire team.

Oh, and if you leave the game (let's say you have to grab potions or you lag out), you waste your plat and can't enter the game again! Rip 50 plat.

Conclusion: don't buy tickets.
    Does not every player need a shadow hunter elixir to do the first class through a rift? Or does just one need it? Because if it costs 75 plat for each player for an elixir then it would b more than 75 plat for 5 ppl running first class without ticket. It would still be less plat, but obviously not 75.

To clarify, I am not trying to be a smart alec, I just was wondering if it was a typing error or if only one person needs the shadow hunter elixir in a party for all 5 to do first class.

Thank you for the in depth post btw