Thread: (Guide] l35 Bird

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by programmed View Post
    If you don't mind I'd like to add that another option (and what I did) is to use a L34 forgotten bow which requires 104 dex so that you can also have 75 str to be able to use a lizard leg/banjo basher. Those I believe have superior skill dmg (and base dmg) than the cutter/pounder.
    they do, yes, but no freeze proc (cutter) or stun (pounder), plus it's ugly.. but superior
    nothing lasts forever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    384 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Burningdex View Post
    they do, yes, but no freeze proc (cutter) or stun (pounder), plus it's ugly.. but superior
    That may be true about the procs but procs require auto hitting. In my experience I'm using skills much more than auto, especially when most of my skills are ranged. That's why I used a lizard leg over iceberg/hammer/cutter/pounder because it has the highest skill damage out of all of them. Mage and bear are the two most common classes you'll fight. When fighting a bear I'm not up close and autoing that's suicide. When fighting a mage I'm not hitting auto because they're out of range most of the time.

Programmed-Level 85 mage, Praktica-Level 85 rhino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

That may be true about the procs but procs require auto hitting. In my experience I'm using skills much more than auto, especially when most of my skills are ranged. That's why I used a lizard leg over iceberg/hammer/cutter/pounder because it has the highest skill damage out of all of them. Mage and bear are the two most common classes you'll fight. When fighting a bear I'm not up close and autoing that's suicide. When fighting a mage I'm not hitting auto because they're out of range most of the time.
    I agree, that's why i like banjo more than iceberg sword, but like, from what i've seen recently, if you don't auto a mage, constantly, you can't out-damage their heals, which is where iceberg comes in with like +50 damage. Idk, i may be wrong, but I still think iceberg is the way to go, even at 35, forg might be better because light wont hit, haven't tried.
    nothing lasts forever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    384 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Burningdex View Post
    I agree, that's why i like banjo more than iceberg sword, but like, from what i've seen recently, if you don't auto a mage, constantly, you can't out-damage their heals, which is where iceberg comes in with like +50 damage. Idk, i may be wrong, but I still think iceberg is the way to go, even at 35, forg might be better because light wont hit, haven't tried.
    I disagree about having to auto a mage. Many times I have nuked a mage with break, blind, shatter, blast or even just shatter and blast if both crit. All it takes is getting your nuke in faster than they can get their shield up. If they get their shield up in time and I've already used blast in my nuke combo I use root, avian, and my auto to drain their mana and they still die. Either way auto is very minimal to none at all. Iceberg is also not 50 more dmg it's more like 10 and I'm pretty sure it still has less dps than a leg or banjo.
    Last edited by programmed; 02-18-2017 at 10:40 PM.

Programmed-Level 85 mage, Praktica-Level 85 rhino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

I disagree about having to auto a mage. Many times I have nuked a mage with break, blind, shatter, blast or even just shatter and blast if both crit. All it takes is getting your nuke in faster than they can get their shield up. If they get their shield up in time and I've already used blast in my nuke combo I use root, avian, and my auto to drain their mana and they still die. Either way auto is very minimal to none at all. Iceberg is also not 50 more dmg it's more like 10 and I'm pretty sure it still has less dps than a leg or banjo.
    I agree with the not having to auto them with str sets.

@Burn dex is played much differently than str, and opposed to nuking them it's about wearing them down.
    Ign - Coolguymage