1.1 : Attributes
    1.2 : Gear
    1.3 : Build
    1.4 : Strategy
    1.5 : Closing

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-02-18 at 11.14.56 AM.png
Views: 196
Size:  11.0 KB

My in game name is Cutouts, feel free to add me or pm any questions.

35 bird is not op. In fact it's regarded as the worst class at 30-40. But with that being said, I believe it can be viable with the proper gear, build, and strategy. So let's get into the guide!

Setup 1 - Full Dex
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-02-18 at 9.53.36 AM.png
Views: 290
Size:  43.8 KB

Setup 2 - Hybrid Cutter
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-02-18 at 9.56.59 AM.png
Views: 284
Size:  41.1 KB

Helm - L35 strength halloween bone helm
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-02-18 at 9.59.52 AM.png
Views: 294
Size:  161.3 KB

Armor - L35 strength halloween marrow mantle
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-02-18 at 10.02.55 AM.png
Views: 206
Size:  172.1 KB

Weapon - Forgotten Bow (Aim for highest level possible)
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-02-18 at 10.04.01 AM.png
Views: 286
Size:  179.7 KB

Weapon #2 - L30 Mint Cutter (or you can use pounder)
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-02-18 at 10.05.40 AM.png
Views: 283
Size:  208.4 KB

Ring - Any 3pc crafted ring. (for example I use Blue Ring of Valiant Glory)
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-02-18 at 10.06.55 AM.png
Views: 291
Size:  56.9 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-02-18 at 10.08.10 AM.png
Views: 281
Size:  225.6 KB

Ok. I feel as though the build may require an explanation.

6 Blast - Your finisher to your single class combo (shattering scream + blast shot). Is max for nuking capability.

0 Avian - Rarely do I find myself near the enemy while dex, and with my strategy I want them dead before I reach them with cutter.

1 Root - A great skill, however bird lacks damage, and this didn't do enough for me to prioritize its upgrade.

6 Focus - Maximum Crit, also if a bear manages to hit hellscream, you will have some hit chance left.

0 Meditation / Restore - They aren't worth it. 'nuff said.

6 Evade - Dodge bird fights you want to be able to survive mages, kite bears. This is a must or you will die in two shots.

6 Break - Self explanatory. You won't nuke without it.

2 Shatter - Put extra point left over into it for the debuff, along with the requirement in your combo.

1 Repulse - Often times 1 is enough to mess up their combo and make them miss their ranges.

6 Blind - Possibly your most important skill. It can't be healed off, and will make people miss left and right (unless it's another bird or a dex fox / fury fox). Also deals heavy damage.

0 Thorn - Small range at level one, not worth using for me.

Ok, so now that most of the raw setup is there, here is the ever so crucial text block of strategy.

When fighting mage with bow : You should keep in mind four or so main things. Their heal, how much time is left in your blind, your distance, and their mana shield. Your blind has a 7 second cool down, but wears off after 5 seconds, which means if you stay near them, they'll have two seconds of terror on you, and birds cannot last that long lol. Then, keep in mind that break armor can be healed off, meaning I generally use it just after they heal. Then I'll use my combo. Also, with distance, stay around 10 meters, unless you are going to use shatter, in which case quickly drop in to 8 meters but be sure they're blinded because otherwise lightning will fry you. Then, with mana shield, I will go for a last ditch effort as they cast it, or break it with blast shot ASAP or I'll just get worn down.

General combo - Blind, repulse, root (they generally heal here), then break, shatter, blast, back off until I can blind again. If their buff wears out, just go break shatter blast and they should generally die.

When fighting mage with cutter : RANGE KNOWLEDGE IS KEY. Break as soon as possible, then combo, then blind. If you're fast enough either they'll die, or you'll have them blinded soon enough that you aren't fried chicken. If they survive, you must continue to stay aggressive, because they are low. Root them and go for the kill.

Combo - Break, Shatter, Blast, Blind, root. (repulse is if you think it will finish them)

When fighting bear (use bow) : Keep in mind their hell scream and becon. These are the two skills that can cause you to get caught. If you hit blind soon enough, you should be free to root them and wear them down a bit. Back up after your blind wears off, or there is a large chance that you will get hit, and once they hit cb and hs you're dead.

Combo - Blind, Repulse (can mess up their hs timing), Break, Root, Shatter, Blast, back off and repeat. This works against level 40 bears, and more often than not, you should win.

When fighting other birds : I prefer bow, as they aren't difficult to nuke. The main difference between this and the previous classes is the bird has really high hit chance. This means blind shot is not as useful. I use it only for its damage in this scenario. Also it's good to stay away from other birds, because if they have avian and you don't, you'll be at a disadvantage.

Combo - Break, Shatter, Blast, Blind, Root, Repulse. (If they survive that then they either dodged you or are literally a demon so run)

When fighting fox : A really tough matchup with both bow and cutter. What makes it so difficult is that they can dash to you, and their hamstring skill debuts dodge. With both bow and cutter try and keep your distance, root is good, but often you won't even get the chance to use it. I generally will fight them backing up, unless they use all of their skills and are rooted, debuffed, and practically dead (you can kill them in one combo)

Combo (bow) : Break, Blind, repulse, shatter, blast, root. (If you have high hp left, put root before shatter and blast)

Combo (cutter) : Break, Shatter, Blast, Blind, Repulse, Root.

When fighting rhino : VERY UNFAVORABLE MATCHUP. Rhino is your worst nightmare. Their combo can instal-kill you, and they are the hardest class to kill. Your goal is to hit blind, and get them into the state where their 3 damage skills are out of rotation, and they can't really do much. Be sure to save break, shatter, and blast for after they heal, because that's your only real chance of winning.

Combo - Blind, Repulse, Root, wait for heal, break, shatter, blast, and anything else you can do to try and kill them.

This guide is a constant work in progress, and leave any suggestions you may have below, whether it be formatting or literally anything. Also don't be afraid to ask me any questions you have.
    Last edited by Befs; 02-18-2017 at 11:16 AM.
    Ign - Coolguymage

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Befs For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

Alternative Setup! - Credit to Programmed (theworstinpl)

Attributes -

75 str

104 dex

1 int

Gear -

L35 Str Hallow Helm

L35 Str Hallow Mantle

L34 Fbow / L35 Lizard Leg or Banjo

Build -

6 blast

5 avian scream (Ability to escape freeze plus high stun chance)

1 root

5 focus

5 evade

5 break armor

1 shattering scream

1 repulse

5 blind
    Last edited by Befs; 02-19-2017 at 03:50 PM.
    Ign - Coolguymage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Befs View Post
    Reserved...
    Ignores me saying make a bear guide, great guide tho
    BestChuck Inflated, Vonc Overrated, Flashx Outdated, TSM Eliminated!
    Woooo Gabevizzle 😜💙

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Groaning View Post
    Ignores me saying make a bear guide, great guide tho
    Huhuhu maybe later.
    Ign - Coolguymage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

Pretty good. Maybe try 1avian 1shatter, idk

Great guide (:
    nothing lasts forever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

How much did u pay for 35 forg?
    nothing lasts forever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    384 Posts

If you don't mind I'd like to add that another option (and what I did) is to use a L34 forgotten bow which requires 104 dex so that you can also have 75 str to be able to use a lizard leg/banjo basher. Those I believe have superior skill dmg (and base dmg) than the cutter/pounder.

Programmed-Level 85 mage, Praktica-Level 85 rhino

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to programmed For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by programmed View Post
    If you don't mind I'd like to add that another option (and what I did) is to use a L34 forgotten bow which requires 104 dex so that you can also have 75 str to be able to use a lizard leg/banjo basher. Those I believe have superior skill dmg (and base dmg) than the cutter/pounder.
    they do, yes, but no freeze proc (cutter) or stun (pounder), plus it's ugly.. but superior
    nothing lasts forever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    384 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Burningdex View Post
    they do, yes, but no freeze proc (cutter) or stun (pounder), plus it's ugly.. but superior
    That may be true about the procs but procs require auto hitting. In my experience I'm using skills much more than auto, especially when most of my skills are ranged. That's why I used a lizard leg over iceberg/hammer/cutter/pounder because it has the highest skill damage out of all of them. Mage and bear are the two most common classes you'll fight. When fighting a bear I'm not up close and autoing that's suicide. When fighting a mage I'm not hitting auto because they're out of range most of the time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

That may be true about the procs but procs require auto hitting. In my experience I'm using skills much more than auto, especially when most of my skills are ranged. That's why I used a lizard leg over iceberg/hammer/cutter/pounder because it has the highest skill damage out of all of them. Mage and bear are the two most common classes you'll fight. When fighting a bear I'm not up close and autoing that's suicide. When fighting a mage I'm not hitting auto because they're out of range most of the time.
    I agree, that's why i like banjo more than iceberg sword, but like, from what i've seen recently, if you don't auto a mage, constantly, you can't out-damage their heals, which is where iceberg comes in with like +50 damage. Idk, i may be wrong, but I still think iceberg is the way to go, even at 35, forg might be better because light wont hit, haven't tried.
    nothing lasts forever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    384 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Burningdex View Post
    I agree, that's why i like banjo more than iceberg sword, but like, from what i've seen recently, if you don't auto a mage, constantly, you can't out-damage their heals, which is where iceberg comes in with like +50 damage. Idk, i may be wrong, but I still think iceberg is the way to go, even at 35, forg might be better because light wont hit, haven't tried.
    I disagree about having to auto a mage. Many times I have nuked a mage with break, blind, shatter, blast or even just shatter and blast if both crit. All it takes is getting your nuke in faster than they can get their shield up. If they get their shield up in time and I've already used blast in my nuke combo I use root, avian, and my auto to drain their mana and they still die. Either way auto is very minimal to none at all. Iceberg is also not 50 more dmg it's more like 10 and I'm pretty sure it still has less dps than a leg or banjo.
    Last edited by programmed; 02-18-2017 at 10:40 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

I disagree about having to auto a mage. Many times I have nuked a mage with break, blind, shatter, blast or even just shatter and blast if both crit. All it takes is getting your nuke in faster than they can get their shield up. If they get their shield up in time and I've already used blast in my nuke combo I use root, avian, and my auto to drain their mana and they still die. Either way auto is very minimal to none at all. Iceberg is also not 50 more dmg it's more like 10 and I'm pretty sure it still has less dps than a leg or banjo.
    I agree with the not having to auto them with str sets.

@Burn dex is played much differently than str, and opposed to nuking them it's about wearing them down.
    Ign - Coolguymage