Thread: Auction House

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Lightbulb Auction House

Why not make the consignment store more like an auction house where you can bid an offer. I wholeheartedly believe that this one of my better and feasible suggestions, so please take 5 minutes to read the long post. This is what I was thinking:

- You list an item on the consignment store
    - If people have a different price in mind they can offer on the item you put up (including items).
    - There's a new tab in the store called offers, where you click on the item that other people have offered for and review the offers (Accept / Reject / Leave for speculation)
    - Bidders can remove their offers any time
    - When bidders put up offers involving items, those items become untradeable unless the offer is removed.

Problems this will solve:
    - It's a good solution to the restriction of four items per trade. This will decrease, if not eliminate scams.
    - It will stop spamming chats of "buying and selling" in towns
    - It will encourage players to use the consignment store to list more expensive items
    - It will allow potential buyers to have the opportunity to find a seller and vice versa.
    - It will help shape a more definite price range for rarer items.
    - It lets sellers know about potential buyers and allows them to interact with them, and negotiate.

There was one thing I was speculating about, and that's whether the bidders should be able to see other offers. If they can see it, they could make a better offer, or they could convince the highest bidder to remove his / her offer because it's "OP". Post what you think in the comments.

EDIT----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, so I was thinking about the potential problems to this, and realized that one person would prefer to bid with different sellers. After one seller accepts, the buyer has to manually cancel all of his offers with the other sellers. If by chance, several sellers accept that buyer's offer and the buyer has enough to buy two of that item, he would in fact log on to find two of the item he wanted. This is pretty inconvenient.

The consignment store is currently made for sellers. But what if buyers could also put up their offers through the store. A buyer would offer on the store and that offer would reach every seller of that item. Then it's matter of who accepts first. In fact, this could work for unlisted items as well. The buyer puts up his / her offer and sellers can check a list of offers for several items, just like buyers can check a list of prices for several items in the store. Then the seller would list his item and the buyer would get a notification (in-game) that the desired item has been listed.

A design like this would require just a few more tabs, namely an "offers" tab in the sales section, a "my offers section", and an "unlisted offers" section. Oh, and before I forget, if there are existing offers on an item, and you list that item in CS, you automatically get all those offers as well.
    Last edited by Bazinga!; 02-24-2017 at 08:39 AM.