Quote Originally Posted by KingFu View Post
(Removed content so as not to create a bigger text than needed.)
You’re still missing the point. I think you and I would agree that there is a lot of PvP imbalance in this game. Name any statistical imbalance in the game that you want, and we could apply the concept I’ve suggested. The reason why my concept could be huge is because it will allow us to tweak any level without affecting PvP across the board. For example, if we nerf a bird’s dodge buff at higher levels, it will affect low levels as well. If we nerf a mage’s overall damage output at end game, it will also affect lower levels. No matter where you nerf a class, whether it be inherent skills, damage, hit%, or you name it; no matter where we nerf the class, it will affect every level. But if we can incorporate a philosophical game design that allows us to modify *each* class at *each* level of the game, and compensate whatever statistical weaknesses they have, we have a tool capable of balancing the entire game one step at a time. Am I wrong? This is what I am suggesting.

I’ll use 35 as an example since it’s a level that I’ve played at quite a bit. At 35, birds struggle to compete, and throughout many past updates they have always struggled to compete. Against mages, they have a difficult time nuking due to lack of damage. (And, of course, without a nuke mages can merely heal.) In order to try and remedy this, most birds use str in order to gain nuking capability. However, this becomes very difficult to do also, as mages can then fairly easily kite them, now that their auto attack isn’t ranged. (Let me pause here for a moment and say that obviously 35 is a *lot* more complex than just bird vs mage, but I want to keep it simple for now.) So, what if we give birds a bow set that deals enough to damage to nuke a mage? What would be the obvious problem that would result? Now mages can use that bow as well, and their damage output will be insane. One Drain could potentially kill the bird. Does this sound familiar? It should because that’s exactly what happened during the forgotten bow event. That’s in part why that event was poor design as far as balance is concerned. But now pause for a moment. What if a bird can equip a bow set where the set bonus increases the birds damage output enough to nuke a mage, but when the mage equips the same bow set, rather than gaining extra damage output equivalent to that of the bird, the mage gains something entirely different. Perhaps extra M/s, or maybe some extra armor, or even crit chance. Do you still not see how this idea has the potential to fix every statistical imbalance in the game, without affecting other levels in the balancing process?

You made a few comments regarding my statement about completing sets at low levels. Yes, that is what I was referring to. I agree with you that it would take a lot of work, but I think any viable solution to the current imbalances in the PvP level ranges would take a lot of work. I think the key is to find a solution that is a permanent one that can balance every level in isolation from the other levels. Any solution that involves nerfing/buffing a class itself will not ever balance the entire game because one level will always offset another. Personally, I’m totally fine doing all of the work for Cinco. He can then assess it and do with it what he pleases. And shoot, if guys like you are willing to help me, I think we could knock it out in a timely manner with a fair degree of accuracy. All we lack is someone to do the coding. But Cinco seems pretty chill with doing updates as of late so I don’t know if he’d be opposed or not. That’s partly why I made this thread and addressed it to Cinco.

You mentioned Cinco doing damage modifiers to level ranges, and that he could apply that to classes as well. I think you have a good point there, but I think the imbalance in the game right now has a lot more to do with stats than it does just pure damage. I think dodge and crit play a very significant role across the level ranges, to the point that just fixing pure damage wouldn’t be a conclusive balance fix. Do you think it would? (I don’t say this out of any kind of spite, just purely wanting to hear your thoughts.)

Let me know what you think bro, and sorry for the late response. I appreciate you taking the time to address my comments.