Thread: Question For Cinco (Balance Related)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Default Question For Cinco (Balance Related)

Hey Cinco, wasn't sure if I should just pm you or create a thread. I opted for a thread, that way maybe a productive conversation can be started in the comments. I'll try and get straight to the question:

Is it possible for a set bonus (I'm speaking in terms of coding) to be applied only to a specific class? For example, consider the Raid Roach set at level 55. Currently, if I'm not mistaken, the set bonus it provides will apply to any/every class that is specced to equip the set. But would it be possible to only allow the set bonus to apply to one (or maybe two) class(es)?

If this is possible, I believe it will be a large key to balancing every level in PL PvP.

I'll go ahead and come out in the open with this, but I've been working for a few months now on PL PvP balance. I'd really like to see this game balanced, and seeing Cinco put some effort into balancing it has encouraged me. Previously, I felt that even if I created the set up for balancing PvP perfectly across the board (not that I'm capable of it), it wouldn't matter because no one would be around to code the game according to my suggestions. Cinco has given me hope, though. I plan to keep working on it, though the progress is extremely slow. I'm very, very busy irl and don't have too much time to dedicate to PL PvP balance. But, like I said, I'll keep working on it.

-MM

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MightyMicah For This Useful Post: