Thread: Cinco

Why you looking at where I live, stalker. 😑
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Default Cinco

Not going into much depth, just thought I'd throw my observations of low level pvp lvl13-17 mainly. Bears stomp seems very very powerful in comparison to its counterparts. Wont go into details but is it right that a bear can 2 shot with minimal effort while a mage has to bust his balls with the POSSIBILITY of the bear not dodging fire/frost or him not missing a fire frost to get a kill.
    The odds just seem highly stacked against mages atm & bear vs bear fights is primarily luck, would there be anyway to increase the stun/debuff chance on bear stomp but reduce the dmg? That would encourage different playstyle in bear vs bear, it also changes the harsh playstyle other chars have to play vs with little consistancy due to dodge/miss chance. That was approach 1, approach 2 would be toning down crits in general cus low level has become VERY crit oriented - artisan leather is now obsolete as its more valuable to have the crit + we now have the 3pc rings that provide the necessary hit%.

For what it's worth, I think a better result would come from approach 2.

Thanks @Cinco
    Check out my Step By Step L.15 Mage Guide

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?173840-gt-THE-L-15-Complete-Mage-Guide

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Etarbitrev For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Cinco has said repeatedly that he does not balance the game around lower lv PvP. He even made a lv exclusive town to encourage people to level. I am sorry but there will likely be little to nothing done for twink PvP as Cinco has said continuously. That being said, I can't speak for him and perhaps he can change his mind.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Congeniality View Post
    Cinco has said repeatedly that he does not balance the game around lower lv PvP. He even made a lv exclusive town to encourage people to level. I am sorry but there will likely be little to nothing done for twink PvP as Cinco has said continuously. That being said, I can't speak for him and perhaps he can change his mind.
    Not entirely true, several steps have been taken for lower lvl pvp, although endgame got the highest priority and will have the same.

Original post actually gave me an idea of a thread, and that deserve a new thread, I'll make that.
    Last edited by Waug; 02-25-2017 at 11:41 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Cinco should just increase the skill level cap already.

Also, the problem with twink levels is that they're never really balanced until you unlock all skills and have a significant number of skill points to distribute to different skills. I don't twink but my best guess would be that twink levels were popular but never really balanced, i.e. one class would dominate at each level because the available skills would favour their victory.

This is one of the reasons I liked 51. Enough points to make your own build. Winning depended on skill more than anything else. And there was variety. Too bad it was one of the first to die.
    Last edited by Bazinga!; 02-25-2017 at 12:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Etarbitrev View Post
    Not going into much depth, just thought I'd throw my observations of low level pvp lvl13-17 mainly. Bears stomp seems very very powerful in comparison to its counterparts. Wont go into details but is it right that a bear can 2 shot with minimal effort while a mage has to bust his balls with the POSSIBILITY of the bear not dodging fire/frost or him not missing a fire frost to get a kill.
    The odds just seem highly stacked against mages atm & bear vs bear fights is primarily luck, would there be anyway to increase the stun/debuff chance on bear stomp but reduce the dmg? That would encourage different playstyle in bear vs bear, it also changes the harsh playstyle other chars have to play vs with little consistancy due to dodge/miss chance. That was approach 1, approach 2 would be toning down crits in general cus low level has become VERY crit oriented - artisan leather is now obsolete as its more valuable to have the crit + we now have the 3pc rings that provide the necessary hit%.

For what it's worth, I think a better result would come from approach 2.

Thanks @Cinco
    If they are gonna tone down stomp they should tone down mages fire as well. I find it equally as op at that bracket and most of the mages I've seen the past 2 days were all using high fire builds and easily kiting and killing bears that didn't have xbows.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

I dont think the stomp/fire situation is the problem and think it's the fact thats crits are now broken. The fact any character is 2 shottable by stomp + auto or even sms + auto is just plain wrong. - that is down to rage buff + crit dmg.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Harvey come try 22 mage where you get killed before ms even comes up.
    I'm lowkey mediocre at this game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Sounds like old 22 mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Except every bear uses 6 beckon/stomp or taunt.
    I'm lowkey mediocre at this game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Wasn't it 1 beckon before??

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Communion For This Useful Post: