Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 1.7.3 Content Update (71017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Sorry for another suggestion... Can we scatter all crafting items to all level maps or map that not popular to plAy. The lower level map is the lower drop rate. What do you think?
    This will also inspire newbie if they see lots of player transforming to glyphism!

Life is a game, boy. Life is a game that one plays according to the rules. J. D. Salinger The Catcher in the Rye
    Primary IGN: Elfwarden

Forum Adept ExperimentNebulaCore's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap:439432
    I know where this is going...
    OMG OMNIPOTENT gives Insane PVP Bonus!

Guys, check out that help, its givng a 70 armor bonus and 10% dodge, with 12 crit and 100 dps!
    I cant believe it and i thought it was nothing for 500 plat!
    ^now that would be stupid.
    OMG IMA GO BUY IT.
    Aznhmoobyang 66, endgame pvper Aznbboynebula 65, suicidal toon on leaderboard experimentkai 12 pvper and more toons not gonn list

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ExperimentNebulaCore View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap:439432
    I know where this is going...
    OMG OMNIPOTENT gives Insane PVP Bonus!

Guys, check out that help, its givng a 70 armor bonus and 10% dodge, with 12 crit and 100 dps!
    I cant believe it and i thought it was nothing for 500 plat!
    ^now that would be stupid.
    OMG IMA GO BUY IT.
    Lol no truth!

Life is a game, boy. Life is a game that one plays according to the rules. J. D. Salinger The Catcher in the Rye
    Primary IGN: Elfwarden

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

He was flacka flaming :P it was a joke
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Just saw this vanity in my friends head and got to say it look BEAST. Its very unique and worth of every penny.
    Pocket legends: Eagle (Endgame Bird), Magic (endgame mage), Getnuked (voodoo mage)
    Star legends: Eng (Engineer), Rapid (operative)
    Dark legends: Sucker (vampire queen)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

yes i go to buy no now but later

thejokerlol level 71 bear l guild eclipse

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I buy plats often not in bulk either so your getting money out of me, I don't mind I love sl but seriously
    Yeah right dude you'll never caught me buying that vanity..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by WtF_iS_juIcE? View Post
    no pixel is worth that much srry, only ones who will buy it are 10 year olds with access to a credit cards lmao....500plat! was that like $50? Time to get nba 2k11 =p
    If you have cash to burn why not? If none then suck it up.

Bitterness kills. Dont have to buy if you don't have it rather than discouraging others not to get it.

Great helm btw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

I have a suggestion about this new vanity.

How about it acts like a COP, but ONLY if you already have a vanity COP? This way, equipping this vanity will not make you loose the vanity set bonus (COP+shield of hallows). I mean, if I'm spending 500plat on a vanity item, I'd like it to keep my stats at least the same as with my vanity 'set'.

As it stands now, it's just a vanity you can basically only wears in towns, cause wearing it in a dungeon would actually lower your stats.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    I have a suggestion about this new vanity.

How about it acts like a COP, but ONLY if you already have a vanity COP? This way, equipping this vanity will not make you loose the vanity set bonus (COP+shield of hallows). I mean, if I'm spending 500plat on a vanity item, I'd like it to keep my stats at least the same as with my vanity 'set'.

As it stands now, it's just a vanity you can basically only wears in towns, cause wearing it in a dungeon would actually lower your stats.
    Yeah seems like a good idea

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

I see what you did there, but isn't the point of this new vanity to be a status symbol? It increases one's swag just by putting it on, so I don't see how adding stats or making it a CoP replacement is going to promote cohesion in the community. As it stands players have the stance of "it doesn't offer any stats, so why you mad," once stats get added those players will jump on the wambulance. I understand wanting to get more bang for your buck but as Samhayne said:

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    It is correct, the Omnipotent Crown of Dreams is 500 Platinum. It is, in our opinion, very cool looking. We are making it available to those who wish to purchase something that very few other players have (because of the price). We know the item may not be interesting to everyone, but it is there as an option if you want it.
    In closing, it is very cool looking and STS wants what they are due for the best looking vanity item to date. This does set precedence though and if STS released another "very cool looking" item the price tag will reflect that thought, maybe a shield this time and you can complete your ridiculously overpriced for lulz set or ROFL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    I see what you did there, but isn't the point of this new vanity to be a status symbol? It increases one's swag just by putting it on, so I don't see how adding stats or making it a CoP replacement is going to promote cohesion in the community. As it stands players have the stance of "it doesn't offer any stats, so why you mad," once stats get added those players will jump on the wambulance. I understand wanting to get more bang for your buck but as Samhayne said:

In closing, it is very cool looking and STS wants what they are due for the best looking vanity item to date. This does set precedence though and if STS released another "very cool looking" item the price tag will reflect that thought, maybe a shield this time and you can complete your ridiculously overpriced for lulz set or ROFL.
    I understand what you're saying and agree with most of it too, only question I have is: how would this devide the community? I'm not saying you're wrong or anything, I'm just saying that I honestly don't see the harm in this. It's not like it gets any stats added or anything. You'll still need to have both cop and vanity shield. The only difference is that you can wear it over another vanity. To me, that might actually be a good thing for STS, as it differentiates the vanity a little from regular vanities. And basically you gain nothing, but looks, as was the original intention as you so well quoted. I don't see how anybody would complain, since there are no stats increases by either owning this item or not.

So please explain me if I'm looking at this in the right way or not

U rok, thanks!

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

I understand what you're saying and agree with most of it too, only question I have is: how would this devide the community? I'm not saying you're wrong or anything, I'm just saying that I honestly don't see the harm in this. It's not like it gets any stats added or anything. You'll still need to have both cop and vanity shield. The only difference is that you can wear it over another vanity. To me, that might actually be a good thing for STS, as it differentiates the vanity a little from regular vanities. And basically you gain nothing, but looks, as was the original intention as you so well quoted. I don't see how anybody would complain, since there are no stats increases by either owning this item or not.
    As it stands now it doesn't add anything and most players will only wear in town (or be forced to forfeit stats if they're 61), but you're asking it to be able to over right the CoP which essentially imbues it with stats by proxy. It would basically become a placeholder, not to mention the coding to make it so that the player would need to have the CoP in inventory could be a nightmare. My main point is that most players are bordering on outrage but the fact that it doesn't do anything but look cool is what is keeping players from a full onset of Tourette syndrome.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

As it stands now it doesn't add anything and most players will only wear in town (or be forced to forfeit stats if they're 61), but you're asking it to be able to over right the CoP which essentially imbues it with stats by proxy. It would basically become a placeholder, not to mention the coding to make it so that the player would need to have the CoP in inventory could be a nightmare. My main point is that most players are bordering on outrage but the fact that it doesn't do anything but look cool is what is keeping players from a full onset of Tourette syndrome.
    'Stats by proxy' is just a bit far fetched IMO. By itself, it would add 0 stats to anything.
    But you are right, people would probably find a way to flame about it. But that happens with every change IMO. And on top of that, even without adding any stats, people are already discussing heavily about it. You should know, because I've read several posts from you about that

As for the coding, I agree, it could be hard but since I'm no programmer, I can't comment on that. I just think it would give this cool vanity item much more visibility, since it would be used in PvP/PvE too. And, as said, there would be absolutely no difference stats wise.

U rok, thanks!

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

You could join friends in tutorials? I thought they were locked.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swimmingstar View Post
    You could join friends in tutorials? I thought they were locked.
    It was allowed after a patch I cannot specify when, but you could join a level one friend in the tutorial.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

It was allowed after a patch I cannot specify when, but you could join a level one friend in the tutorial.
    i never did it but i dont understand the problem with that...
    im hoping STS hasnt forgotten that they still havent fixed dual spec as promised
    PL - Eznite, Tachmonite, Adullam, Kelach
    SL - Adino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    • New vanity helmet available for sale in the Platinum store: "Omnipotent Crown of Dreams!"
    500 Plat? Is this for real?

Am I missing something here? 500 Plat for a vanity helm that offers nothing but looks? Please someone clarify if there are any benefits (besides the looks).
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post
    500 Plat? Is this for real?

Am I missing something here? 500 Plat for a vanity helm that offers nothing but looks? Please someone clarify if there are any benefits (besides the looks).
    No benefits, just looks

U rok, thanks!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post: