Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Character/inventory slots?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Default Character/inventory slots?

50&25 plat still? Can I ask why, and will it be changed?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Why - with the 85 cap chars & items got more and more value so the plat prices must follow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Actually the real reason is because people will be forced to buy plat just for more inventory slots / characters.

Wonder when the prices for faces, respecs and page changes will become 50 plat as well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bazinga! For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Not very encouraging for new players.. the biggest problem with this game is getting new players to stay and actually understand how the game works. Not many figure out how to find runs with people in it and lvling is very hard for most, especially with weak items/no combo elixirs and bad skill build & class. This game actually has insane potential, but in a mmo world it doesn't provide many things to attract new players and keep them playing. I have been leveling a lot of characters lately in low level dungeons and I see people doing right things from time to time but so many are lost and don't know what to do, and even when they know how to pick up quests etc they dont know how to pick the right map and get into a run with many ppl in it. I wish some changes were made to that, either make the dungeons a little easier, because even tho the mobs are actually really weak if you know what you're doing.. a player with no gear and no help (if you find 2-3 other people in a run low lvl its pretty decent) will struggle. Maybe nerf all mobs dmg and armor by 25% up until nuri. I think sewers is a relatively hard place to run.. nuri is easier too and in nuri u can get super good gear easily.

Oh well I went a little off topic there.. but how does plat change affect this. A new player lvls up a toon to 20. They played a good amount to achieve that, the player has played only one class, lvlin seems a little slow, the player isnt sure whether their class is the best/suitable/most fun one.. wants to try a different class too but he was only provided 10 plat in the start which has presumably already been spent by the time. Free plat offers dont work =he/she is screwed. Can't try a new toon and don't want to delete the existing toon because he/she has worked quite hard for it.. so they get lazy leveling that toon, leveling is painful, you don't wanna keep playing because even the combat system is quite boring lvl 20 on top of u being ridiculously weak. What does the player do! Uninstall

I personally have 15 toon slots and plenty storage.. this doesn't really affect me anyways. But I want to see the game grow. No matter how much potential this game has and how good the game actually is.. it has no meaning if it doesn't attract new players, PL won't succeed. I think pocket legends could've been easily a game with tens of thousands of players online 24/7. This is the biggest issue with every game in general though, but the ones that manage to do this actually succeed. And I have a million ideas but it also requires work lol. PL has super dedicated endgame players but in the end it doesn't matter much, 300 active endgame players doesn't help much. Getting through the lvling process is quite an ordeal right now, and even now some new players get through it, but guess how many dont lol.
    Last edited by Blyzzor; 03-03-2017 at 09:45 AM.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blyzzor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Maybe add a progression in new chars creations ?

For example first char slot is 1 plat
    Second is 2
    Third is 3
    Fourth is 4

So with the 10 plats given at the start u can get the 5 classes.

Then make it 15-20 till 10 chars
    Then 30-40
    Then 50

It's just an opinion. As a quite old player I have 32 chars on my account. That costed me 160 plats, so roughly 20€

Now if a new player comes and likes to level, pvp and endgame with all classes, it's really discouraging to see 50 plats for a single char

That would have been 1600 plats for me. So ~80€. I think I didn't played PL that much if chars are prices that way.

I also agree on dungeon nerfs. But not -25% damage armor.
    Each campaign got different aspects

I'd reduce the dodge of Fathom mobs
    Damages of lost exp
    Won't touch to AO1

It's just to make the game easier, not to make it too easy. We need challenge sometimes

Maybe also add a social option "xp orbs" and when u got it activated it just makes as in rift maps, so u don't get any loot but xp orbs

My two cents

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

I think with the gear these players use and the lack of players in all runs is why I would nerf.. its true tho diff campaigns need different nerfs cus some are harder than others.

Last maps of forest haven -5%-10% (3rd map and forward)
    Dark forest 5%-10%
    Balefort/wyldwood 5%-10%
    Fathom 5%-10%
    Ancient swamp 5%-10%
    Lost expedition id nerf shooting yetis 10% at least bc they slow and do big dmg and are quite tanky too.. the yetis need dmg and armor nerf for sure, others u can nerf less
    Skeller 5%-10% (bosses are easy dont touch them)
    Ao 5-10% some bosses and the giants (hp nerf) need a nerf. Some bosses do too much damage and are very tanky and u cant beat some even with 3-4ppl
    Sewers 10%
    Nuri 5% just bc lack of players, otherwise Nuri is fine
    Mount fang 5-10% mount fang mobs are quite easy if u got a good group, but theyre so tanky.. id nerf hp 5% at least on the gray mobs, the skellies can stay.
    Bsm 5-10%.. not too hard but very few players at this level actually, can find runs ofc but not very common

Those are the main ones id say, and the intention with this again is players should be able to have fun and not struggle too much with runs even as a pack of 3..
    Last edited by Blyzzor; 03-03-2017 at 11:52 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

$$$$$$$$$$$

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blyzzor View Post
    I think with the gear these players use and the lack of players in all runs is why I would nerf.. its true tho diff campaigns need different nerfs cus some are harder than others.

Last maps of forest haven -5%-10% (3rd map and forward)
    Dark forest 5%-10%
    Balefort/wyldwood 5%-10%
    Fathom 5%-10%
    Ancient swamp 5%-10%
    Lost expedition id nerf shooting yetis 10% at least bc they slow and do big dmg and are quite tanky too.. the yetis need dmg and armor nerf for sure, others u can nerf less
    Skeller 5%-10% (bosses are easy dont touch them)
    Ao 5-10% some bosses and the giants (hp nerf) need a nerf. Some bosses do too much damage and are very tanky and u cant beat some even with 3-4ppl
    Sewers 10%
    Nuri 5% just bc lack of players, otherwise Nuri is fine
    Mount fang 5-10% mount fang mobs are quite easy if u got a good group, but theyre so tanky.. id nerf hp 5% at least on the gray mobs, the skellies can stay.
    Bsm 5-10%.. not too hard but very few players at this level actually, can find runs ofc but not very common

Those are the main ones id say, and the intention with this again is players should be able to have fun and not struggle too much with runs even as a pack of 3..
    None of those maps really need a difficulty reduction, after all PL is a team game.
    BestChuck Inflated, Vonc Overrated, Flashx Outdated, TSM Eliminated!
    Woooo Gabevizzle 😜💙

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Just easy ways for making money.

ELITE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blyzzor View Post
    Not very encouraging for new players.. the biggest problem with this game is getting new players to stay and actually understand how the game works. Not many figure out how to find runs with people in it and lvling is very hard for most, especially with weak items/no combo elixirs and bad skill build & class. This game actually has insane potential, but in a mmo world it doesn't provide many things to attract new players and keep them playing. I have been leveling a lot of characters lately in low level dungeons and I see people doing right things from time to time but so many are lost and don't know what to do, and even when they know how to pick up quests etc they dont know how to pick the right map and get into a run with many ppl in it. I wish some changes were made to that, either make the dungeons a little easier, because even tho the mobs are actually really weak if you know what you're doing.. a player with no gear and no help (if you find 2-3 other people in a run low lvl its pretty decent) will struggle. Maybe nerf all mobs dmg and armor by 25% up until nuri. I think sewers is a relatively hard place to run.. nuri is easier too and in nuri u can get super good gear easily.

Oh well I went a little off topic there.. but how does plat change affect this. A new player lvls up a toon to 20. They played a good amount to achieve that, the player has played only one class, lvlin seems a little slow, the player isnt sure whether their class is the best/suitable/most fun one.. wants to try a different class too but he was only provided 10 plat in the start which has presumably already been spent by the time. Free plat offers dont work =he/she is screwed. Can't try a new toon and don't want to delete the existing toon because he/she has worked quite hard for it.. so they get lazy leveling that toon, leveling is painful, you don't wanna keep playing because even the combat system is quite boring lvl 20 on top of u being ridiculously weak. What does the player do! Uninstall

I personally have 15 toon slots and plenty storage.. this doesn't really affect me anyways. But I want to see the game grow. No matter how much potential this game has and how good the game actually is.. it has no meaning if it doesn't attract new players, PL won't succeed. I think pocket legends could've been easily a game with tens of thousands of players online 24/7. This is the biggest issue with every game in general though, but the ones that manage to do this actually succeed. And I have a million ideas but it also requires work lol. PL has super dedicated endgame players but in the end it doesn't matter much, 300 active endgame players doesn't help much. Getting through the lvling process is quite an ordeal right now, and even now some new players get through it, but guess how many dont lol.
    That just about sums up everything I was thinking of. The only thing I want to add is that older players have the mentality that they are superior to everyone else and thus don't bother helping newer players. I think a more healthy community at the top would likely trickle down. That's my two cents :P (I know this is off topic)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tryagaiiin View Post
    Maybe add a progression in new chars creations ?

"For example first char slot is 1"

My two cents
    Nah first character should never cost plat. No one would play if this was entirely a platinum based game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I mean the first ADDITIONAL char slot
    So u have to buy 4 slots to get ALL (5) classes

And my exemple takes 10plat for 4 MORE slots

Which means with the free starting play u can get 5 classes
    IG : Antroos 85 mage, Nozzen 85 bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Yea stacking cost doesnt sound too bad.. if the character slot cost stays the way it is.. its gonna hurt this game a lot more than ppl would think.. it needs to be changed. Inventory slots arent as bad though

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

I see alot of people talking about low levels not knowing what to do... many don't think a mobile mmo would have a forum with guides. Many people have made some pretty informative guides on the forums here, maybe tell the new players you see about them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

The main reason for the higher Plat inventory slots & character slots is & will always be MONEY. The other things are just excuses.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Shinepin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

But it actually does the opposite. It will make new players quit.. i mean no one that is unsure about liking a game will start spending money on it just like that. This way you make a few random players spend 10$ on Pl to open a few slots.. when u could gain longterm players who will spend hundreds on the game. Its bad for everyone. Sts, other players, and the new players themselves. I hope Cinco reads this and changes this, because I believe this is the incorrect way of doing things
    Last edited by Blyzzor; 03-06-2017 at 03:58 PM.

20.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #17
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,168 Posts

It's okay. Thanks for the input!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Lmao don't you get it... they're not even promoting the game. Whatever update is happening is happening for the existing players.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Bazinga! For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bazinga! View Post
    Lmao don't you get it... they're not even promoting the game. Whatever update is happening is happening for the existing players.
    Yep your'e right.