Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 80-85 pvp suggestions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bazinga! View Post
    No it won't. One class gets changed the others start complaining. It is a never ending cycle. There will always be complaints making it seem like PvP is a failure. Nobody plays as a team and hence never unlocks the true purpose of their class. I'm starting to like the class specific idea. I don't like limits but limiting the gear that can be used will encourage team play at least.
    Balance IS possible unless ur referring to pin point balace, and complain doesn't imply a dis balance always, it must have some valid and solid reason behind.

Top of that, if classes ain't balanced more or less, a team play where 'every class has its purpose' won't be blanaced either, so balancing classes is a basic requirement.

Endgame is closed to balanced, other than a very few issues & biggest obstacle is currently the 85 str set + 80 wand/blaster which should be fixed asap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post
    Balance IS possible unless ur referring to pin point balace, and complain doesn't imply a dis balance always, it must have some valid and solid reason behind.

Top of that, if classes ain't balanced more or less, a team play where 'every class has its purpose' won't be blanaced either, so balancing classes is a basic requirement.

Endgame is closed to balanced, other than a very few issues & biggest obstacle is currently the 85 str set + 80 wand/blaster which should be fixed asap.
    If complaints doesn't imply an imbalance, STS can just assume that everything is fine even though people are complaining.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

If complaints doesn't imply an imbalance, STS can just assume that everything is fine even though people are complaining.
    Why & how u missed the bolded line, that answer ur query.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Why & how u missed the bolded line, that answer ur query.
    A valid and solid reason varies from person to person.

As a random example, not taking any level into account - a bird complains that damage is too low because he cannot beat a bear, whereas the bear counters with the argument that they are meant for tanking. There's no obvious reason. As long as complaints keep coming, the impression that there is an imbalance will always be made, whether or not there is a solid reason behind it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

A valid and solid reason varies from person to person.

As a random example, not taking any level into account - a bird complains that damage is too low because he cannot beat a bear, whereas the bear counters with the argument that they are meant for tanking. There's no obvious reason. As long as complaints keep coming, the impression that there is an imbalance will always be made, whether or not there is a solid reason behind it.
    "whether or not there is a solid reason behind it." people will complain, that means each complain doesnt have solid reason and logic behind it. That's what I said that complain doesn't ALWAYS refer a dis balance.

now, If a bird can't beat a bear, but if the bird knows how to beat a bear then actually there's a dis balance you can't deny and the bear's logic of tanking is not a VALID reason, tanking IS NOT EQUALS TO UN-KILLABLE. Now don't make me describe such small facts please, I think enough said

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

"whether or not there is a solid reason behind it." people will complain, that means each complain doesnt have solid reason and logic behind it. That's what I said that complain doesn't ALWAYS refer a dis balance.

now, If a bird can't beat a bear, but if the bird knows how to beat a bear then actually there's a dis balance you can't deny and the bear's logic of tanking is not a VALID reason, tanking IS NOT EQUALS TO UN-KILLABLE. Now don't make me describe such small facts please, I think enough said
    How do you know whether the bird knows how to play or not?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

How do you know whether the bird knows how to play or not?
    That's where solid and valid reasons comes into play
    A complain ain't enough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

For me I play bird at endgame and I want to see it be more balanced i am actually bored of how ridiculously overpowered it is. On this subject useing blaster less and bow more makes it much more fair but I do use blaster for the sake that everyone has one which in turn is ruining pvp for other classes and bird vs bird pvp aswell. I still am strongly against the mixing of gear aswell (str +wand/blaster) but I feel this could be fixed by implementing a set bonus with full set + ring instead of just helm armor ring.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

You can't just assume that someone knows how to play. Most complaints in this game are of the type I stated above.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Duckypowerz View Post
    Pure int Mages can hardly kill blasters from what I've seen versing them, any bear I've versed is easily killed by a blaster, foxs with any set just take combo from blaster, and someone mixing a blaster with str gear is pretty much unstoppable unless they have no clue what they are doing in pvp. And again I belive the set bonus should be given with a full set(including ring) not just helm armor ring to recive the bonus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckypowerz View Post
    For me I play bird at endgame and I want to see it be more balanced i am actually bored of how ridiculously overpowered it is. On this subject useing blaster less and bow more makes it much more fair but I do use blaster for the sake that everyone has one which in turn is ruining pvp for other classes and bird vs bird pvp aswell. I still am strongly against the mixing of gear aswell (str +wand/blaster) but I feel this could be fixed by implementing a set bonus with full set + ring instead of just helm armor ring.
    85+80 hybridisation is the only major problem for now. If anybody know that how to kill birds, he CAN kills birds with pure mage and bear classes, it's not op as you think, sometime WHEN U FACE A 85 STR + 80 BLASTER BIRD as pure int mage or pure bird, defenately you will have a hard time, same as 80wand str mage are op, in fact most op as of now.

That been said, 85+80 hybridisation is the magor problem as of now, other than that bear's class bound 2h weapon should get a bit more armor for effective tanking against mages after loosing dodge, and for foxes they have been always a class that is not scaled properly, either die quickly or kill quickly the pure classes blaster didn't make em squeezy in the first place.

I don't know when you pvp-ing, I see more other classes than the blaster birds on the arena. NERFING BLASTER FROM THIS POINT will make arena bird free just like it had been for long.
    Last edited by Waug; 03-09-2017 at 08:08 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Foxes seem decent now, but mostly because of the hybridization (str + Talon/blaster). The daggers are bad because they're too squishy and melee.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post
    Foxes seem decent now, but mostly because of the hybridization (str + Talon/blaster). The daggers are bad because they're too squishy and melee.
    I go pure dex zaryk set and I have done fine, I have not tried this str build but I know for sure that pure dex is viable as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Congeniality View Post
    I go pure dex zaryk set and I have done fine, I have not tried this str build but I know for sure that pure dex is viable as well.
    Glad to see foxes doing well.

However, I would like to see certain changes made to fox skills. Particularly, I would like to see the unroot effect be carried over to Howl instead of Evasion, similar to how Avian Scream unroots for birds.