Thread: STS...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Default STS...

Hello

i'd like to talk about the current state of AL and more, where i will give my point of view what is wrong with AL atm and what STS could do better.

Lets start up with the lack information problem, I feel there is a lack of information in game, unless you are in forum, for example if you weren't on forum you wouldn't know that there would be goblin event soon. Thats a small problem but when i play the game, people ask me questions about every single event, for example in the Valentines event i had people asking me where they could get the red hearts. A solution to this would be to advertise for the forum or make a real "Arcane Legends News" where you have all the details instead of 1/100 of the information, to give you a preview on this:
    just another note, people dont get any information of it even existing, you will have to know it exist before u can find it. Which is bad, mkay.
    Ive taken the 4 first pages of the "Arcane Legends News"

Name:  4.png
Views: 339
Size:  1.09 MB
    "+Lovecraft event is live!"
    A good thing when you introduce a event is to tell how long it last, I've had alot of people asking when the event is ending

"+ Instant-Open...in the Store Friday - monday"
    This is what we want, we want to know when things start and ends.

"+Tweaked the visuals of the Halos / circles."
    Lack of information, what changed? if i didn't look through forum i wouldn't know what you changed.

Name:  3.png
Views: 307
Size:  1.08 MB
    2017-02-10
    we get the news saying "+2016 Banner back to gold".
    when i saw that back then, i had no clue what it said and i still dont. this problem would be solved if they made a "News" page pop up from the start where u could see the current news on AL and maybe a "popular" topic in "General discussion".

the next news says "added Maus 6 with new loot tables"
    We have the same problem again, not enough information to actually know what is going on. what are the new loot-able items, we get to know later on but it is supposed to be there on the news not 3 weeks later when u already found out yourself.

Name:  2.png
Views: 314
Size:  1.10 MB
    "+ 2x dragkin Teeth"
    I really like your events, and i appreciate that you make them but it would also be nice that you told us when it was going to end.

"+ Lovecrafting ends 1:30 PM CT..."
    This is nice to know, but most people won't get this info since they dont know there is a "News" feature in AL.

Name:  1.png
Views: 321
Size:  1.09 MB

"+ 2x Orc Tags and Fangs"
    We have the same problem as earlier, we dont get to know how long it last, unless you are on forum.

"+ New Achievements"
    Lack of information.

"+ Respec scrolls drop off of bosses"
    Fix this by insert "from all bosses", i get people asking me which bosses drop respec and which does not.

All these are small lack of information. The problem is when it hit the economy, example: A week(+ -) before STS made a update which made SnS purchasable through "crate token" they posted it on forum, so people who saw this on forum began to sell SnS for the current price 13m and a week after the price went down to 4m, RIP for the buyer.

If StS made a news article that would be the first thing that popped up when u logged in, something like that and linked it to Forum, people would get the same information as others. Ive seen many games do this, it is effective and easy to use.

People look at me and think im a wizard but in reality im just a hooman browsing forum.

Lets change our focus to the farming problem. Its great that we have a easy time farming in mausolean but when we have all the farmable stuff concentrated in 1 place, what will happen?
    Everyone will farm there of course, and what will happen to the value of the items? they will fall.
    So we end up with items that are worth nothing, the new expansion won't be holding for so long when we farm the same place all day everyday.
    And you will end up with the myth armor dropping from 1.5m to 150k in 1-2month.

What is the luck? even dora the explorer wouldn't be able to answer to that question
    the leprechaun used to be the farmers most important item when they was farming for gold, but now it is gold loot, why would STS remove a system that have been worked perfectly for 3 years and no one complained about it, to a system based on gold drop where you have people complaining about it every week?
    So we all got used to the gold loot, still pissed but nothing to do, then STS decide to reduce the gold drop because of the "economy". WHY would you remove a system that worked perfectly, and put up system where you have to change every time you introduce a new expansion or whenever you feel like it?
    Something that could change for the better would be if STS changed the system back to when it was based on luck and not gold drop. Seriously, why do i need to use LVL 10 ITEMS(the gold loot items; ring, armulet, belt) to get more gold instead of lv 61 items.
    I still dont quite understand why STS would make the lv 10 items be better then the lv 50(gold loot items).
    A lv 60 item should give better stats and proc then a lv 10 item.
    A lv 10 item should not have better benefit then a lv 60.

Thx for your time, this thread was just my point of view and i am only doing this for the better of AL.

Painfulldead
    Kraag
    Leslie
    Last edited by leslietheone; 03-14-2017 at 06:18 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to leslietheone For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

for some reason i cant press *thank*
    but thats very nicely said and agreed 100%
    as for the lvl 10 items i think sts brought them up for the twinks?
    but ofc it doesnt make any sence as u said that a lvl 10 is better then a 60lvl.
    and a very very importan issue u pointed out.
    many ppl dont even use forums and they only have information what the guildies/friends are telling them. means if a guy started AL few months back and reached 61 most probably he wont even know theres a forum. and may not be able to join a good guild(coz of pve kills/aps/pets required for most good/small/big guilds)
    i think aswell theyr trying to keep the news short and clear.
    but i dont think anyone would mind some more information and to read more.
    under ARCANE LEGENDS NEWS
    they should add something like : for more information visit our website www.spacetimestudios.com or something like that.
    i agree 100% here.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Couldn't agree more with some of the points made above.
    Thanks for typing it all down!

As for the level 10 set having better gold bonus than the level 50, I see it as part of an interesting concept.
    The idea of the gold loot sets is to incite the greedy nature in all of us players. How greedy are you to exchange stats for more gold? Greedy enough to use level 10 items? Regardless of the answer, that's where the beauty of the concept lies.
    The names/nouns also increase in intensity as the gold loot increases, Desire < Greed < Avarice, to reflect the player's greed.
    So, I'd leave those sets untouched.

Otherwise, appreciate the post, and good luck on your endeavors.
    Last edited by Ydra; 03-14-2017 at 07:17 PM.