Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Just some Q's

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

Default Just some Q's

SOooo

1. If I were to level one char to 85, which class should I choose (overall best experience (PvP and PvE)

2. How much is endgame gear

3. How long does it take compared to other caps.

4. Anyone wanna grind up with me? I ain't got no elixirs.
    Ign - Coolguymage

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Befs For This Useful Post:

Faq

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

1. Probably mage has the best all around experience
    2. If you have 5m you should be fine
    3. With pet: an hour or two, without pet: pray for some 3x blessings is all I can say
    4. No thanks
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Xyzther For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Firstly, glad to hear that endgame will be getting another player !

1. Right now, bird is the strongest class in PvP and does the most damage in PvE (by far). Second best in both of those categories would have to be dex mage. After those two, the options drop off quite a bit.

2. Endgame is fairly cheap at the moment. I know that I got my Molix set for 4mish from cs the other day and got Zaryk set for 4m a while ago so it likely went down since then.

3. If you are not going to be using a pet, I felt like this cap was the longest. This is greatly due to the one map that anyone can have continuous access to in the new campaign, Ok'Tal Rex, has very few mobs. That being said, the exp from those mobs is insane and farming at the same time means it won't be as terrible (hopefully). If you are using a pet, it will be the fastest cap you have ever done.

4. Already have all the 85 I want sry!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

Okay so I've heard bird and mage. If anyone could compare and contrast the two that would be great.

Will give rep to whoever does (as in depth as possible pls)
    Ign - Coolguymage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

One class
    4 animals
    Always choose mage

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby!!! For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Befs View Post
    Okay so I've heard bird and mage. If anyone could compare and contrast the two that would be great.

In endgame PvP, there has been a huge overhaul in terms of what has been good in the past. From lower levels of PvP all the way up to 76 cap, we learned that bear was overpowered due to its insane utility while also having the inherent damage of having an endgame set. However, that has all been changed.

This next paragraph will be a reiteration of a previous post I did, so if it seems familiar that may be why.

With each level cap, we will see more polarizing examples of each class. This is because now, we have more attributes at our disposal for our classes. Birds are getting more dex, mages are getting more int, and bears are getting more str. Thus, with these increases in attributes, we will see the benefits of these attributes take hold in PvP.

For example, a birds damage scales with its dex, the auto damage, the skill damage, all of it. Thus, with more dex at its disposal to put into its build, it will do more damage than any cap before it. A mage uses int, int drastically increases the power of heal. With more int at a mages disposal, the heals of a mage will become more and more potent. That is why Cinco had to nerf the mage heal during 80 cap. The amount of int mages were getting had scaled to a proportion where out-damaging a mage's heal was too difficult. I hope that makes some sort of sense.

Nowadays in PvP, each class can be seen as a specific archetype that is looking to fulfill a certain goal. While PvP had each class generally trying to do the same thing in the past, deal damage and don't die, we now see the arena taking a more team-based approach. For example, the bear, which many see as the weakest class of 85 PvP, does very little damage while having a hard time get to their opponents. But that isn't truly what the class is meant to do in a team oriented setting.

In the 85 cap, the bear is a true tank, has lots of cc and debuffs, has an insane amount of durability, while also being able to soak up hits for the carries behind him/her. Because of this switch in the feel of PvP, people see certain classes as op, when in reality the player base is just more attuned to achieving the goals of certain classes.

A great example of this is the popularity of the dex mage right now. Ever since the heal debuff in 80 cap, the mages heal has become more about releasing negative effects from its allies. This is a team oriented goal. Int mage has become a pure support class, the heal is now mostly meant to heal and un-stun allies. While dex mage still remains a class that has the goals of doing damage while just staying alive. These ideals are similar to the bird, and I believe that their continued success is due the mind set of the PL player base.

In the past, PvP as been a fast paced, free for all style in which people don't necessarily need to work as a team. The mind set or goal of every class in older caps of PvP has been to do damage and simply stay alive. This mind set easily transitions into the Dex mage and Bird classes, which is why they are so high in popularity at the moment.

Dex mages and birds are seen as the most potent of the classes at endgame right now. However, if you are looking for a fun experience at endgame. Simply ask yourself what kind of play style do you enjoy? Do you enjoy being a tank, soaking up hits for those behind you? Do you like to deal massive amounts of damage from the back line? or do you prefer to do competent damage while keeping your team alive? Those are the critical questions I suggest asking yourself before leveling to endgame. (As each class has a very specific role)

Finally, I would like to open your mind to leveling one of the side classes. I know, I know, "fox and rhino suck", but please hear this out. With more specific roles for each class being laid out, I believe that paladin and ranger are the strongest that they have ever been.

Fox now has the same damage output as a bird, but in a more bursty manner. It of course still has the trademark mobility which allows it to weave its way around any fight. I truly believe this is the hardest class to play, but it can't unstun itself so if that annoys you don't play fox :P. (I will stop here seeing as I may be biased towards fox from maining it)

Paladin has finally found its niche. It is a tanky healer that accomplishes much of what a bear looks to do while also having the healing qualities of a mage. Is it as good as a bear at tanking? In some scenarios where it is continuous damage rather than burst, yes. Is it as good a healer as the mage? In situations where the team is somewhat far back, yes. But all in all, the paladin will always be an ambivalent class by nature. If you like classes that have mixed goals (healing and tanking) then this may be for you.

All in all, I hope that I didn't bore you too much. You asked for in depth, and you got in depth xDDDD! I hope this helps and if you have any other questions you can hit me up with a reply or contact me in game @ Walie.

Take Care <3

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Congeniality For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Some lines only for pve
    I have only played to 76 but I am sure that the basic mechanics don't suddenly change at 77

Only regarding pve there is no reason to do anything different than mage and bird
    The other classes just slow down groups compared to mage bird groups

For me the difference is that a mage is more self sufficient and a bird is more built for a purpose

In pve nature strike is the key combo to clear maps and with a mage you can react to the birds in the group
    As bird you need to hope that the mage knows when to put lightning

In 95 % of the time I am perfectly happy being mage only at bosses with shields I would rather have a bird

So pick either one you're fine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

that being said, someone wanna lend me a pet?
    BestChuck Inflated, Vonc Overrated, Flashx Outdated, TSM Eliminated!
    Woooo Gabevizzle 😜💙

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Groaning View Post
    that being said, someone wanna lend me a pet?
    I think they aren't tradable

Edit: Hmmm I was wrong there are some in cs
    Thought you could stash but not trade them
    Last edited by Ruby!!!; 03-15-2017 at 01:56 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby!!! View Post
    I think they aren't tradable

Edit: Hmmm I was wrong there are some in cs
    Thought you could stash but not trade them
    thats why im asking someone to lend me one
    Woooo Gabevizzle 😜💙

15.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #11
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,150 Posts

Yup.

If you couldn't afford the Plat when they were fresh, now's the time to grind gold to pay for them in CS.

(Also... don't "loan" or "lend" things to people. Every scam I've ever heard about involves this sort of baloney.)
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Yup.

If you couldn't afford the Plat when they were fresh, now's the time to grind gold to pay for them in CS.

(Also... don't "loan" or "lend" things to people. Every scam I've ever heard about involves this sort of baloney.)
    wow cinco 0 trust ;-;, time to sell beast :<
    Woooo Gabevizzle 😜💙

Senior Member synfullmagic_23110's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts

If u have pet, I wouldn't mind leveling up with you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    hai doods

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

whitch pet lets you have access to the maps? might buy one to cap my mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

To access the maps 400 plat is good enough but it wont let you in the Prison xp dungeon which is the best.. so id say 800/1600 plat one is easily more worth than the 400 ones. You can get in the map as any lvl with the pet but u need all access unless youre 73+

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

There is also Kyraz bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Mage got its butt nerfed off so I'm rocking bear. There's too many mages in endgame nowadays and farming parties often lack a tank.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Yup.

*balogna

*autocorrecteyes*