Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Please restore Stash to former settings

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Default Please restore Stash to former settings

Stash has NEVER had the requirement of your toon being level 4. NEVER. CS has always had that requirement, not stash.

I can't access my mules. It is totally against their story to level. The three main mules are total noncombatants. No kills. They are Pinkflamingo, Pinkybear, and Pinkladie. I spent the plat to raise their inventory slots to 500 each. I have had them for over a year. The only way to use them now would be to turn XP back on, level them in FH, and then turn XP back off. This totally ruins them. They have no blood on their hands, paws, or win... little hands. I put story above all.

Cost of three mules, 50 plat each... 5 for the character and 45 more to max the inventory slots.

I use these three to store items so I can look them up when answering questions in chat or threads. Now I have new items to put on them, but someone just up and changed the rule for NO reason. People don't exploit the 12 pots they get at start by stashing. You can get 12 pots each much faster just by playing.

Arbitrary rules create a sense of arbitrary authoritarianism, which does nothing but change the relationship between players and devs from cooperation to obedience. I don't like it. Not one bit.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Snakespeare For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Its pretty annoying,eh? Plus you get 50 gold and almost 25 pots just by clearing one map. :/ They should change this...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

I dont even use mules so it doesnt affect me. But why is it a pain to lvl to 4?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Very convincing argument sir.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

And if you have to level your mules ill do the killing for you so your mules don't get blood on their hands.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

A possible "fix" is to have stash accessible for ALL levels, but restrict stashing pots (stims for SL) until L 5 (or 4).
    Is there any other reason to really restrict stash access in the first place?

This would fix legacy mules which otherwise have been broken by various updates.
    It would also allow premium L1 gear to be moved to newly created toons.
    It would also allow stashable vanities which are otherwise stuck on toons that no longer have stash access.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    I dont even use mules so it doesnt affect me. But why is it a pain to lvl to 4?
    It's not a pain, really. It's a major annoyance. I just can't bring myself to have deaths on them. They show 0/0. It's cool. They're non-combatants. They don't exist for playing but to carry things.

Story is really important to me. I can play arcade games if I just want to shoot ducks on a pond. I like fantasy games because of the story.

And above all, when a decision is made for no reason, it creates a layer of unreason that can only be explained by obedience. It's a very negative feeling and it doesn't belong here. That's just not the culture that STS wants. This, above all, is the main reason why I find the whole thing annoying. It's just not the way STS does things. Clearly it's a mistake.

And anyway, I can't bring myself to do it. It ruins their story. Maybe that's just me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

ikr who would spend the time farming pots when u could just buy 100 for 1.5k, so i didnt see the point in them fixing it, and why make lvl 1 premium armor? Just to sit in your stash and look good?

IGN (Apocolypze lvl 61 Warrior)(Lvlonewarrior lvl 1 Warrior)(Twinkenstein lvl 10 Dexbear)(Cthulusleeps lvl 17 Dexbear)(Wintertide lvl 26 Mage)(Derpfest lvl 30 Dexbear)(Dodgeyfeet lvl 10 Merchant)

10.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #9
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,505 Posts

I certainly appreciate the feedback. I wouldn't say it was for no reason, as we discussed it in this thread:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...nd-of-twinking

I'll see if we can fix the exploit another way.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

idea: How about, if someone does ANYTHING to permanently alter a character that costs plat (inventory upgrades, auction slots, the full premium package, etc.) then that character can use Stash. Nobody would spend plat to permanently alter a character only to throw it away.

and...

Thanks for the quick reply!

And thanks for explaining that there was a reason. Like I said, it just didn't make sense. It's never been the way at STS to just make a rule for no reason. I'm glad there was a reason, but it sounds more like a Star Legends issue than a Pocket Legends issue.
    Last edited by Snakespeare; 09-02-2011 at 03:21 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Snakespeare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    I certainly appreciate the feedback. I wouldn't say it was for no reason, as we discussed it in this thread:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...nd-of-twinking

I'll see if we can fix the exploit another way.

-ALS
    why not make the stash accessable through quests that dont require kills again?
    it would be extremely inefficient to try and stash pots over and over when you have to complete a series of quests before hand, while the people who want to keep their lvl 1s can complete the quests

and seriously there are so many better ways to get pots than this.

Ive said this before but this change came from copying the SL code into PL...they are two different games and i think should be treated as such
    its so much harder to get gold in SL so making the stash only available to lvl 4s makes sense, but not in PL drop rates are high in FH, some FH oranges can sell for 3k easily
    PL - Eznite, Tachmonite, Adullam, Kelach
    SL - Adino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Lil Smith Junior gives a quest. You have to go blow up enough chests then report to Stash. The only way to complete that quest is to wake up Meathead.

I was actually under the impression that this new quest was the replacement for the three quests we had to do in the second implementation of Forest Haven ("kill" one zombie, but leeching is ok; smash three chests, talk to the other bird).

I was surprised to find out that one could simply go straight to stash. When I heard that, I thought the Lil Smith Junior quest mechanism must be broken.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    idea: How about, if someone does ANYTHING to permanently alter a character that costs plat (inventory upgrades, auction slots, the full premium package, etc.) then that character can use Stash. Nobody would spend plat to permanently alter a character only to throw it away.

and...

Thanks for the quick reply!

And thanks for explaining that there was a reason. Like I said, it just didn't make sense. It's never been the way at STS to just make a rule for no reason. I'm glad there was a reason, but it sounds more like a Star Legends issue than a Pocket Legends issue.
    Hmm yea like 1 plat for below lvl 5 stash access :P

IGN (Apocolypze lvl 61 Warrior)(Lvlonewarrior lvl 1 Warrior)(Twinkenstein lvl 10 Dexbear)(Cthulusleeps lvl 17 Dexbear)(Wintertide lvl 26 Mage)(Derpfest lvl 30 Dexbear)(Dodgeyfeet lvl 10 Merchant)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Snakespeare, Its a really pain as I'm in exactly the same boat.

I'll happily 'power level' you to lvl4 but i'd have to first insist on your mules wearing a blindfold to ensure their innocence is retained. I'd hate for them to experience seeing death and despair, and I'm not sure I could sleep at night otherwise.

LOL - and you'll have to return the favour for all my mules too...
    Last edited by Redbridge; 09-02-2011 at 04:16 PM.
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

I just tested and Pinkladie was able to do Lil Smith Junior quest without killing anyone or dying. So... that would be such a great fix. Especially because the whole point of Lil Smith Junior quest is to establish that you're an upstanding citizen, getting his treasures back for him and bringing them to stash. I love a good story.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Snakespeare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Snake, even though your "Story" idea sounds a bit...WinnieThePoohandhishappyjollymerryfairytalel andworldstuff-like, I do see what you mean.
    In this game, there honestly is no plot at all, other than just a campaign plot.
    In other games, you would have to rescue something or find the secret of something.
    In this game, nothing. So I see what you mean by Story.
    I did not know Stash was reverted to being level 4+ and so and so...
    I am also up for power-leveling...that is, if you need so.
    A few possible fixes for the stash exploits;
    -Like the other post, just make items stashable at all levels, but make potions/gold unstashable until level 5.
    -Perhaps a new banking/storement feature can be called upon.
    A bank, for gold only. A storage/stash, for items only.
    -Possibly remove potions having the stashable feature. I see no reason for them to be stashed other than to farm or transport to diffrrent characters for usage.
    -A simple MAILBOX system, be able to literally send items to yourself and through this, only items(no pots/gold).

There probably are many other different solutions but like Snakey said, I honestly see no trouble involving the original Stash Guidelines.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

The classic picaresque adventure is open-ended in a similar way to an MMO. It's not really possible to have a final quest in an MMO, like you do in a single-player RPG. So, yeah, it comes down to what each of us holds in our own heads as a unifying story for each character.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but some of the suggestions sound like they'd need a client update to implement. So, what shall be shall be...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Actually, Pocket Legends will probably just go on and on.
    No end, ya know?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

If you're so committed to the idea of having this imaginary "story" for your characters, why can't you just imagine something different? Think of it this way: your mules have to reach a certain level and kill a certain number of enemies to prove they can handle themselves in this dog-eat-dog world. Makes perfect sense to me. I mean, they're carrying around all your stuff after all, right? I wouldn't want my posse to be a bunch of Nancies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

How about a timeout on delete/create character for a given slot?