Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Default Implement skill tree

I personally don't understand all the skills are locked to certain classes, it makes the game quite stagnate to me. There are only so many builds one can make and the way it's setup now I can choose where I want to place my stats, but I cannot choose the skills that result from those choices? It makes me wonder why offer any choice at all... why not just force us to choose a class and make that class always plug points into their respective (expected) stat? Coms get STR, Engis get INT, and Ops get DEX, period... no choices, no takebacks.

I'd like the ability to be able to choose from each of the 33 skills no matter what class I am, we can only have 8 mapped at this point anyway. Just as I have the choice to place a stat into INT, DEX, or STR, I should have the ability to choose between Force Hammer, Wither or Mind Wrack as my first skill. Choices are what makes games different and fun, but the way it's going it's only a matter of time before everyone has the same build. This game needs diversity and since the characters all look the same why not add a bit of spice to the system!

As it stands, why even bother adding INT to any build besides the Engineer; checking out the Guide to Auto-leveling by CanonicalKoi, an Operative gets 1 point of INT added every level but nothing to STR? Seems strange to me but that's the suggested build by STS, am I missing something here? What does INT actually do if not just buff spells, do Ops have spells that need buffing? Maybe INT helps with area-of-effect (AoE) damage, but wait Coms have AoE cannons not Ops. *stares confused into space* All I'm saying is if I'm dumping points into something that is going to increase a certain aspect of my game, shouldn't I have access to the skills that utilize it best? If I want to go on a STR spending spree with my Op, shouldn't I be able to taunt for aggro? If I increase my INT on my Com, can't I heal the party with my new found intelligence? What is fueling me at this point is that PL has hit a wall at 61, every capped Avian I know has the exact same skills, no matter if they're a warbird, intbird of plan old dexbird... shouldn't we be avoiding this on our second go?
    Last edited by Gluttony; 10-09-2011 at 12:42 PM.