Thread: Glowstik or nah ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Default Glowstik or nah ?

Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum, so.....

I've been keen on buying glowstik for a while, but I've been put off by the negative threads. Many moaning about its AA length is not 6s but 4s, and that it doesn't really absorb 95% damage etc...

Basically, in layman's terms, those ppl say it doesn't do what it's supposed to do according to its description. So throwing 4m+ at it would be a total waste.

I would love to hear from more glowstik users and what they think about this pet. Also some dev info would be nice if its working properly or not.

Thank you.

A. Nonymous.
    You want mana? Here have a BANANA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

It really is an amazing pet especially if you like pulling giant mobs of monsters that could destroy you easily ...the only problem I ever have with it is timing the aa because sometimes after six seconds I use my aa and the shield won't show

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

The timing thing has to do with lag whether its some one re spawning or just ping, the aa does work as stated in description, it really helps with curse mages but it has to become instinct to u to hit the aa as soon as u see the curse warning and you will be fine, and the 95% damage reduction is real, so I pretty much consider it at least 1-3 seconds of close to invulnerability but because of the reduction of the shield over time the last few seconds are meh, I feel like its easily one of the best pets in game and if you bought you would get lots of use out of...or u could slot it into the aa of another pet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

It has nothing to do with ping or latency. I've timed it many times with perfect ping and its 4 seconds as to the stated 6 in description. That said, it's the best defense against big mobs and curse mages. Still my current go to AA pet in mauso. Nilbog does the same against the mages and even has a shorter cool down time. It's nice to have have players that use both glowstick and a nilbog to cover each other during the CD. If you're not using glowstick, you need to use nilbog.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Glowstick is a must have pet for PvP if you want to do PvP

6. The Following User Says Thank You to yubaraj For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Glow is the first pet in a long time that has become one of my regular goto pets. Prior to this, I would switch between Nekro and SnS, but now I find myself going to Glow more often than SnS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Glowstik is a really good pet, especially in Mausoleum. It can nullify DOT (Like the Krax and Arachna pools) and its 95% damage reduction is basically invulnerability. Also, the poison pools can stun mobs briefly. And last, but not the least, it can nullify curse Gloe is definitely worth it for its price

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

Glowstik is made just to activate a quick shield to make u 1-2seconds secure... Tho the 95% reduction works fine.. it's about ur timing which probably isn't the best.. anyway.. after the first second the dmg reduction decreases a lot...

For example ur aimed does a dmg of 10k.. with 95% this will only do a dmg of 500.. after this first second it will go back to 75% which makes a dmg of 2.500, 55% will be 4.500, 35% will do 6.500 dmg (which is at 3-4 seconds) this 6.5k dmg will give u already instead death... So timing is critical...

About the removing part... If u combine it with nekro AA, it isn't bad at all.. u only have to focus when it's gonna curse.. that's all..

Anyway...,

I'd give u as advice to practise ur timing more often if u got problems with the glow AA .. or just use nekro lol nd let someone else glow.