I just completed my Black jetpack, after acquiring the yellow, red, and green jetpacks. Here are my observations...
* Thank you STS for this event. The kill quests were a welcome change from the ordinary.
* Thank you for announcing that the droids were in-game. I was able to get my green jetpack this way. Since this is the hardest of the 3 to obtain, getting this saved me hours of work.
* I was very disappointed that the quests only yielded 1 EXP. If I kill 1000 enemies for a quest, shouldn't I get more than 1 EXP?
* The quests weren't worded to let us know that we could kill things other than pirates, CyCorp, or Vular Zombies. Also, the rules were applied inconsistently. A vular in CyCorp counted as a CyCorp employee, but a vular in Delta 7 did not count.
* I will be hesitant in the future on jumping on the impulse buying bandwagon. I wish I would have interpreted the silver jetpack description correctly and understood that the speed only lasts a week. I also wish that I had known that the Black Chrome Jetpack gave the same speed boost. I would still have bought the silver jetpack, but I would have done so as a more informed buyer. The speed increase DID help grinding.
* The silver jetpack and silver antennae look excellent. They actually look better than the Black Chrome Jetpack. When I'm wearing the Black Chrome, I keep thinking I'm wearing a piano. (The texture around exhaust nozzles look like piano keys.)
* I love the poot-poot-poot rings that the jetpacks trail behind. That was a nice touch.
* I learned that a lv25 Engineer can clear house faster than a lv28 Operative. Don't deny the power of Transference!
* Transference and Pain seem to have a maximum target limit. When I'd gather a large crowd, I would sometimes miss killing a few.
* Running solo and recycling Red Sun Pirate maps seemed to give me kills faster.
* Running in a group seemed to give me CyCorp kills faster.
* Using speed boosters can make killing harder. I was often finding that I would unknowingly outpace my current target. I'd be on the other side of the room, trying to kill something else point-blank range, and yet my targeting line would be pointing backwards. This was a little annoying on a phone screen because it's not always easy to click on a nearby enemy to target it.