Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do mages need a buff in order to survive in PvP?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by You Mad Or Nah View Post
    I will never go to rouge(permanently) doesnt take much skill to play as rouge imo(yes I played as Rouge at cap 61 before)Not trynna hate on rouge but that's the truth
    Oki, pm me ingame about it

Hear from ya!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

It's not balanced at all as a Mage but they shouldn't have a buff dare I say. Maybe balance for next level cap. Even though I'm a Mage I'll be the first to admit we were destroyers at the last level cap. I was consistently beating rogues and tanks in duels and rogues didn't really have a place in pvp. A Mage stack was insanely powerful last cap. Tanks were insanely overpowered the cap before. Ride it out and hope for balance next cap. As far as random teams go mages aren't that bad ATM. In an organized team setting they are fairly weak. Everyone deserves a turn to feel op lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kriticality View Post
    It's not balanced at all as a Mage but they shouldn't have a buff dare I say. Maybe balance for next level cap. Even though I'm a Mage I'll be the first to admit we were destroyers at the last level cap. I was consistently beating rogues and tanks in duels and rogues didn't really have a place in pvp. A Mage stack was insanely powerful last cap. Tanks were insanely overpowered the cap before. Ride it out and hope for balance next cap. As far as random teams go mages aren't that bad ATM. In an organized team setting they are fairly weak. Everyone deserves a turn to feel op lol.

Yea that's true. But what bugs me the most is when pvp players Spawn kill and call themselves pros when in reality they not. Sts says we have a spawn shield but that shield doesn't even work

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Its funny how you hardly or never see top players complain about their class needs buffs & what not and that they're paper in pvp. But as soon as a new player gets annoyed at the fact that they aren't really good at that class they run to forums looking for something...

Trading places with finance....

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joebembo For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

This is true. Mages are bad at this cap. I reached 1k 7 int and 6.3 health with ss and was still dying before i could get into a decent clash. Most rouges or mages don't reach 1k stat or far into the 900's. Rouge can have less than 900 stat and still one shot equipping only exc jewels. This is the only cap I've pvped as mage and rouge so i can't say wheter mage was OP in the cap before or etc. But i can say that this cap isn't for mage pvp wise. Rouge got boring in pvp after being able to one shot other rouges and mages

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bmlty For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joebembo View Post
    Its funny how you hardly or never see top players complain about their class needs buffs & what not and that they're paper in pvp. But as soon as a new player gets annoyed at the fact that they aren't really good at that class they run to forums looking for something...

Trading places with finance....
    You don't see "top" Rouges or tanks complaining because they know they don't need anything added to their class.
    When you have a chance to play as mage @Cap61 with 10mill plus worth of gear& jewles show me how is done mate. Like I said in the beginning of this thread "or maybe I'm that bad at PvP" I just want feedback from other pvp mages at cap 61
    Last edited by You Mad Or Nah; 04-30-2017 at 09:02 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

You don't see "top" Rouges or tanks complaining because they know they don't need anything added to their class.
    When you have a chance to play as mage @Cap61 with 10mill plus worth of gear& jewles show me how is done mate. Like I said in the beginning of this thread "or maybe I'm that bad at PvP" I just want feedback from other pvp mages at cap 61
    That's partially true. I have insane gear and almost always have for rogue and Mage. I think it's more about fairness and realistic expectations. If you check back on forums I was very supportive of a rogue bff last cap and ofc I had fun destroying them. But for the sake of the games progress one should try to be objective about balance. The fire sword or whatever for tanks was god like. Mage stacking last cap was a huge issue. Especially for those of us with ridiculous gear. A rogue should kill a Mage in a duel in my opinion with all gear and jewels equal yet last cap there was less than a handful that could beat me consistently. I was very active on forums about a buff for rogue even though I knew it didn't serve me well. Sometimes we must make sacrifices for the greater good of the game that we enjoy. The last thing we want is a big chunk of players to leave again. By my friends list that's already happened but perhaps it's just a break for some. Mages suck atm. It's not that bad for those of us that are full noble para eye arcane armor and above but it's a noticeable difference from last cap. The crappy part about last cap is I thought sts did a great job for average geared mages. But there was a clearly a problem for maxed geared mages. We ran over everyone. It was similar at 41 cap with rogues as it is now. When arcane ring rogues were rare and basically ate the other players for lunch. I was a rogue then and enjoyed those imbalances and as a Mage I enjoyed them last cap. However I never thought those were particularly fair. The gap between rogue and Mage should resemble the gap between Mage and tank. What you have now is a situation of semi geared rogues hitting one combo after a two second shield and feeling proud about that. Obviously that's silly. The speed set also allows rogues with a much faster skill cool down being able to get kills after a death way before a mages shield can recharge. It basically ends up being a 2 for 1 unless the rogue doesn't know what they are doing.

Again I don't think mages need a buff.. I think they need to suffer for all of the fruits we enjoyed last cap but we all must call a spade a spade. Mages suck ATM at anything other than providing mana. That's why I don't spec heal anymore lol. It ain't gonna keep me alive and let the rogues run out of mana haha.

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bmlty View Post
    This is true. Mages are bad at this cap. I reached 1k 7 int and 6.3 health with ss and was still dying before i could get into a decent clash. Most rouges or mages don't reach 1k stat or far into the 900's. Rouge can have less than 900 stat and still one shot equipping only exc jewels. This is the only cap I've pvped as mage and rouge so i can't say wheter mage was OP in the cap before or etc. But i can say that this cap isn't for mage pvp wise. Rouge got boring in pvp after being able to one shot other rouges and mages
    Sorry to say but Gear isn't everything, like Kritality (orso) they r maxed but complain when they are in disadvantage, wake up, complain less nd go practise.. if ur used to play with lowkey gears you'll have advantage this cap if u get some decent ones... Tho nowadays none uses walls or rocks which can be EXTREMELY useful against rogues.. work on that then come back to forums nd lets see if y'all still complain...

And yes I'm a mage player.. my ign is Runagain, feel free to pm me ... Or tt me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

stop buffing mana to them they will soon talk the importance of mage class

12. The Following User Says Thank You to will0 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xinghvn View Post
    Its true that mage shield breaks really fast against rogues but its kinda understandable since mages were never designed to go head on head against rogues. They are more of a support class and thats when teamwork comes in relying on other classes to survive. But sts really need to balance pvp throughout all levels regardless of whether they are active or not.
    This. Mages are supposed to be a support class, with still very viable skills to do multiple kills on enemies. I started PVP just this season so i really have no idea what mages can do seasons before. But in my opinion, mages served its purpose in this game PVP wise. And i personally like it. Being able to support your teammates. I just got my SS fully upgraded and im still finding a way how to use it effectively. But i still want my role in a clash to remain, providing support to your teammates.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

Predictable? What other abilities/or skills does a mage have? Let me know
    I might have missed them 😛
    since u missed the point here lemme clear it up, now there is a mage, he/she charges sheild and rog runs away after some time the rog returns aims,nox's and what not, mage does not have a nekro so he dies, now ur gonna say that the mage has to stun the rog and then combo, yes thats true but problem is everyone knows what the mage is goin to do so umm well rog with skill can aim when the fireball is not charged yes? and something is missing forgot what i was gonna say........

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shadowronn View Post
    since u missed the point here lemme clear it up, now there is a mage, he/she charges sheild and rog runs away after some time the rog returns aims,nox's and what not, mage does not have a nekro so he dies, now ur gonna say that the mage has to stun the rog and then combo, yes thats true but problem is everyone knows what the mage is goin to do so umm well rog with skill can aim when the fireball is not charged yes? and something is missing forgot what i was gonna say........
    Shield needs Shorter cool down.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    198 Posts

Shield needs Shorter cool down.
    Mmmm 2 seconds shorter would be nice

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neutrone View Post
    Mmmm 2 seconds shorter would be nice
    "Wouldn't that be op"-Rouges and tanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

Okay since rogs do a lot more dmg than us we need to increase our dmg reduction or nerf rog dmg.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by will0 View Post
    stop buffing mana to them they will soon talk the importance of mage class
    Tanks do have venge

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Try to pm a Mage named Wish for tips he kills Rogues in 1vs1 and found a way

He destroys a lot of Rogues even as a Mage which is impossible
    Here is is channel alot of Rogues vs him now

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fB7u8Vqwp50

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cara View Post
    Try to pm a Mage named Wish for tips he kills Rogues in 1vs1 and found a way

Here is is channel alot of Rogues vs him now

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fB7u8Vqwp50
    Lol show me a video of a maxed rogued vs him or her, useing venom set in duel arena as a rogue is sucide so i would say 1.or that video is riged or 2.That rogue needs beter skill

22. The Following User Says Thank You to mrm For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    198 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cara View Post

You probably meant this figuratively, but just want to point out too anyone that aspires to play as a mage that is very possible and not as hard as commonly exaggerated in forums.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrm View Post
    Lol show me a video of a maxed rogued vs him or her, useing venom set in duel arena as a rogue is sucide so i would say 1.or that video is riged or 2.That rogue needs beter skill
    I've seen yey put in more effort in tdm than in that vid 😛