Thread: Sts, please make this an option for armor and helms!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Default Sts, please make this an option for armor and helms!

What if we had a slot on our armor and helms that was like a vanity slot. If we place any other armor or helm into that slot it shows the look of that equipment in place of what we have but we keep our current armor or helm specs.

It's kind of like a vanity in a sense, but we can utilize the awesome designs of the past expansions.
    There are so many awesome armor and helm designs that are wasted because if we want the look we have to have whatever stats come with them. Is this even possible??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

For AL bday events yes making old rare helm armor into vanities like what they with the weps, no for permanent addition in game rare would be common and people want uniqueness in game.

"An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, evil for evil"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Im not talking about the rare stuff, I don't want anything to be de-valued. What I'm talking about is a way to have the look of an old common piece of armor and helm but with the specs of current level armors and helm.

So let's say I like the look of a common armor that I looted in a brackenridge map. I can take that common armor, slot it in my dusk armor of tactics and have the better stats but the look of the old armor.

Some of the old common, rare and epic armor and helms look awesome but no one wears because the stats stink.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thekragle View Post
    Im not talking about the rare stuff, I don't want anything to be de-valued. What I'm talking about is a way to have the look of an old common piece of armor and helm but with the specs of current level armors and helm.

So let's say I like the look of a common armor that I looted in a brackenridge map. I can take that common armor, slot it in my dusk armor of tactics and have the better stats but the look of the old armor.

Some of the old common, rare and epic armor and helms look awesome but no one wears because the stats stink.
    Would that discourage sts to make new designs?. since you want is to recycle and use your selected favorite armors and helms over and over and that's what vanities are for and it'll kill the vanities purpose too.

Last edited by nightmaresmoke; 05-07-2017 at 02:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nightmaresmoke View Post
    Would that discourage sts to make new designs?. since you want is to recycle and use your selected favorite armors and helms over and over and that's what vanities are for and it'll kill the vanities purpose too.

If that would happen. I can see heraldics and flurries price skyrocketing.

Sent from my Asus Zenfone 2 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

On the contrary, this would need to be done in a very specific way so STS would profit while giving us something new. These are certainly a type of vanity but many players will still prefer the existing vanities and with all the creative designs that exist Sts would need to put out even better vanities in the future. This would simply be a way to inject some more unique looks into the community for a price, and give us a reason to farm old maps, both to get desirable looks and to sell the more popular of them as they gain popularity. Since they are lootable however there would be no Monopoly and everyone would have a chance to loot them if they decide to farm the maps for that particular helm or armor.

This is all just an idea to create discussion and increase interest in an already great game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

I would think this would encourage STS to make even better vanities since this would introduce so many more individual looks among players. STS would have to work that much harder at creating cooler vanities for the future. Some players will probably still prefer the current vanities over the old looks anyways.

HOWEVER, STS is a business so they are not going to do this if it hurts the economy, and doesn't produce income for thier business.

So it would need to be done in a way that benefits players and makes them money. I understand that.

Keep in mind that all the equipment is farmable so no one player is going to have an advantage.
    The slot on equipment for this could be opened with a tradeable elixer that is purchased with plat so gold and platinum users could buy. Then to change looks you would have to remove the said item and repurchase a new elixer to slot the new equipment look.

I'm just throwing this out as a idea to consider since there are so many cool armor and helm looks that go to waste because not one wants to use them due to the stats. It would also be fun hunting for all the different equipment in all the old maps to find that new look you want.

This is all just for discussion and not meant to be super serious

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

1. If we could make anything a vanity in a way STS would have to work that much harder at creating new vanity designs.

2. Some players still prefer the current vanities

3. All the equipment is available to all players via farming, so shouldn't affect market.

4. Sts is a business so this has to work for players and Sts bottom line. So make the slot opened with a elixer that is purchased thru plat and is tradable for those that can't buy plat.
    Then anytime you want to change the equipment look you use another elixer.

5. This would open up so many new individual looks and designs making everyone feel even more unique. Plus you get to farm on all the old maps. That's part of the fun

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

1. If we could make anything a vanity in a way STS would have to work that much harder at creating new vanity designs.

3. All the equipment is available to all players via farming, so shouldn't affect market.

4. Sts is a business so this has to work for players and Sts bottom line. So make the slot opened with a elixer that is purchased thru plat and is tradable for those that can't buy plat.

5. This would open up so many new individual looks and designs making everyone feel even more unique. Plus you get to farm on all the old maps. That's part of the fun
    It's a huge work coding all the armor and helm in game, sts can do this but they didn't and im sure they never will they have more important things in mind than this, and besides there's many bugs and balancing problems in game that needs to be taken care of. If they want too it should've been a long time ago unless they decides too we'll just wait and see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

It's a huge work coding all the armor and helms in game, ive seen a somewhat similar idea a long time ago. Sts can do it surely but they didn't with the huge work to be done and besides theirs more important things in their mind right now that needs to be taken care of like squashing bugs and making some balance,new expansion etc..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Good idea, all weapons and armors and helms will skyrocket, won't affect the market in a bad way, honestly i would like to use the legendries.
    +1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    there was a post by justg explaining how they didn't have enough database space to do this.

I could look up the post for you but I'm a lazy Nott and you will have to take my word for it
    I think you are referring to create a duplicate version of every gear (like how they have a vanity version of arcane weapons/mythic armor etc)
    I think what they are suggesting to be use gears as vanity (instead of having a separate vanity version), which should just be more programming but wouldn't strain the database....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eugene9707 View Post
    I think you are referring to create a duplicate version of every gear (like how they have a vanity version of arcane weapons/mythic armor etc)
    I think what they are suggesting to be use gears as vanity (instead of having a separate vanity version), which should just be more programming but wouldn't strain the database....
    Correct, Sts wouldn't have to manually create a vanity for each look which is something they said would be too much. All they would have to do I think is set the programming on a helm or armor to display the look of whatever equipment item gets slotted into the target gear. I wouldn't think that would be too hard but hey I'm not a advanced programmer.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eugene9707 View Post
    in theory you may be right, in practice... it depends. on how the game ui is made, it seems too db dependent. i thought the same as you for the idea of grouping the energies in inventory, that only some reprogramming of ui is needed - but it turned out to require a db change. Displaying the char is different thing from displaying the inventory, but still it may depend on how is implemented. Changing one thing may break things elsewhere, so working things are not always easily changeable. it depends.
    imo, more important for any idea to be implemented is: first there to be desire for implementing it from the devs, and second there to be desire for implementing it from the community (first is more important than second imo). devs should think it will be "good for the game" and practical to program; and most people should like the idea. And after that, from All such "good" ideas, devs prioritize and decide which to implement. i suppose

15. The Following User Says Thank You to voidPtr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

I am not programmer but think about it, isn't the design of armor and design of vanity same type of file? Can't that be just converted as vanity? Just asking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Honestly, when I make these threads it's just to get some creative ideas flowing, maybe see what comes of it. It may be tons of programming to implement this or flat out not worth the investment for STS but as long as we are having fun and staying creative it's worth hearing the criticism and positive thoughts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

-66666 for this one.

Sent from my LT26ii using Tapatalk