Thread: Help a returning player

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Help a returning player

Hey guys its been awhile and i recently came back after over a year. I am running mage, currently lvl 45 and mainly want to focus on pve and making gold. I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction for what endgame gear to get and where to make gold. I am currently leveling up from shuyal and nordr dailies. I also have a lvl 8 rogue twink with Maridos. I heard twinks are pretty much dead so should I level my rogue or keep for events?

Couple more questions:
    1. I have around 50 locked crates of the brood, a locked goblin treasure crates and a frog egg crate, are they worth anything?
    2. what is a good pve loadout for farming?
    3. should i buy the elo gun with para for 800k? it was the best when i quit and it looks really cool ill probably get it if the gap isn't too big from other endgame weapons

also just looking for general tips
    thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Glummie View Post
    Hey guys its been awhile and i recently came back after over a year. I am running mage, currently lvl 45 and mainly want to focus on pve and making gold. I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction for what endgame gear to get and where to make gold. I am currently leveling up from shuyal and nordr dailies. I also have a lvl 8 rogue twink with Maridos. I heard twinks are pretty much dead so should I level my rogue or keep for events?

Couple more questions:
    1. I have around 50 locked crates of the brood, a locked goblin treasure crates and a frog egg crate, are they worth anything?
    2. what is a good pve loadout for farming?
    3. should i buy the elo gun with para for 800k? it was the best when i quit and it looks really cool ill probably get it if the gap isn't too big from other endgame weapons

also just looking for general tips
    thanks!
    Flame staff/immortal staff for new Maps mobs dragon for bosses ..maus is a great earning map if you have the patience to do the grind to six (takes a few weeks)
    For fastest xP run regular citadel and do the xp dailies have fun good luck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

1. Check cs for prices of your lock crates and frog egg crate if you can't find one go to traders market forum section.
    2. Just buy cheap gears with minimum stats for your current level, best place to level is in gnomish map forgotten citadel you can get to level 61 in no time by farming that map over and over then you go to last and current expansion maps
    3. Just save your golds since there are way much better weapons specially in level 61

And lastly welcome back

"An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, evil for evil"
    Last edited by nightmaresmoke; 05-09-2017 at 05:56 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nightmaresmoke For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Since your a mage best weapons atm proc wise are flame forged staff for mobs Op proc wild fire! And dragon hunter staff for bosses drains their hp crazy.

"An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, evil for evil"
    Last edited by nightmaresmoke; 05-09-2017 at 12:24 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nightmaresmoke For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thank you! ill save for flame forged then

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Glummie View Post
    thank you! ill save for flame forged then
    if u lvl in glint maps (where u get good xp) u will get lots of tokens too with those tokens u get u can buy staff from vendor i wouldnt waste gold for a wepon for now since u will need it later on.
    para gemd items i would buy if u dont plan to pvp. keep it simple since u just returned.
    if u have already some gold and dont want to waste much time for lvling there are kits which u can purchase from auction.
    150 experience kit
    2k experience kit.. just check it out it will give u xp without doung anything.
    about twinks i have no clue
    if u want to have a pet with ok stats.. get blinky.. grimm.. some legendary pets for now if u dont have em already..
    ur looks id keep for a plat sale. but i daubt the price of brood will go up much.
    gold u will make easy once u lvl up in grave/mauso which is an other chapter
    and no dont get the elon gun it isnt worth it anymore
    fireball shield clock ice or lightning would be good for now since u need to lvl up quick to catch up but i dont play mage so maybe someone else can help better with mage build until ur set. respect scrolls dropping a lot from elite runner chests so dont worry about a wring build much.
    theres too much info to give..
    just add me in the game if you would need help. ign mssweety
    gl

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mssweety; 05-09-2017 at 01:39 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

You can also go for an Immortal Corruption Staff, but it's a lot more pricey and Flame Staff. Also go for the 100+% Gold Loot enchantment because it really helps in earning money =)

And if you don't know what "Enchantments" are, they are basically additional stata which can be imparted to your weapon and belts. Good luck

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Yees, but the bad news for a returning Now player is, that the really good place to pve is m5/m6, and he needs 55k kills in somberholt to get there. And it will take some weeks, few or many. And when he reaches that, it's not sure that there wouldn't be some new expansion just releasing about the same time. And brand new expansion is very likely to be the better place to farm, especially if the vast majority of players go there and you can't get full party for maus. So maybe he'll have to abandon all the hard work(without being able to play in m5/m6). Unlike the players who play from the beginning of the expansion, they can get the reword for their earlier work now.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Respec and go full int, buy brutality gears, do either staff or gun. For skills, I'd go Fireball 5/5, Gale Force 3/5 (get the dash and longer knockdown), Shield 4/5 ( minus the knockback), Clock 5/5.
    Passives go to damage, int and str.
    Masteries, max gale first, then shield, and remaining go to either fireball or clock.
    I'd go lock farming rather than Somber. Save locks then sell during events. Just buy hisha, lepre, egg ring, luck kits

I hope this helps you

Sent from my T1 7.0 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Best staff is immortal corruption not flame forge

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voidPtr View Post
    Yees, but the bad news for a returning Now player is, that the really good place to pve is m5/m6, and he needs 55k kills in somberholt to get there. And it will take some weeks, few or many. And when he reaches that, it's not sure that there wouldn't be some new expansion just releasing about the same time. And brand new expansion is very likely to be the better place to farm, especially if the vast majority of players go there and you can't get full party for maus. So maybe he'll have to abandon all the hard work(without being able to play in m5/m6). Unlike the players who play from the beginning of the expansion, they can get the reword for their earlier work now.
    thats so true :/

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow, thanks for all the responses! You guys were very helpful

Edit: last question, if I farm locks, do I combine them to get the massive ones or sell individually?
    Last edited by Glummie; 05-09-2017 at 10:16 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Craft them into a massive and then sell. You could also buy "Glintergoblin Crate 2017 Recipes" from auction and craft each massive to a Goblin Crate

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Welcome to blue apple. All u need to know just tell me. (Crisppyycremebrulay)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Welcome back, above suggestions good already so I wont repeat it again
    Good luck
    Last edited by Goen; 05-12-2017 at 07:12 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Go to graveyard if u have the lvl

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Hey before you start leveling your twink I'm here to say: Don't. Use for event but level up to 10 or 14. It's true some levels are dieing but I test each level everyday to check it and 10 and 14 seem to be just fine. And wait for the soon to come expansion! I'm sure we will get something amazing from that! If this next area is good enough idk about maus and gy. And if you go to GY either get a good party or wait until level 57 where it gets way easier. And Welcome back!!
    Last edited by Shocan; 05-12-2017 at 04:47 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shocan View Post
    Hey before you start leveling your twink I'm here to say: Don't. Use for event but level up to 10 or 14. It's true some levels are dieing but I test each level everyday to check it and 10 and 14 seem to be just fine. And wait for the soon to come expansion! I'm sure we will get something amazing from that! If this next area is good enough idk about maus and gy. And if you go to GY either get a good party or wait until level 57 where it gets way easier. And Welcome back!!
    I don't get it, is running events on twink somewhat easier than endgame? like the mobs dont scale or something? If so, then I should make a twink