Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Level 90 Cap

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

You seem to be very obsessed with the Sewer cap though... Was hoping for something new cuz the last time something new came out was BSM :P
    Hope is Hungry.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    167 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Probably not.
    Cinco the Savage

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Promagin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Love some of Dollo's ideas. Dislike some, but that's ALWAYS gonna happen, and I understand that. I go with the flow. Did seem heavily focused solely on PvP, and some slight pay to play issues...but lots of good ideas. Interested in seeing what ends up happening. Regardless, love the game, and the suspense lol

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

I understand that you want the level range set to +-0 because you really enjoy 56 and all that. But the implementation of this would destroy low level even more. You stated that twinking is dead but 15-17 and 22-23 is still active. Some friends and myself have already agreed that we'll quit if the range is even more limiting.

I think something cool that could make everyone happy is letting people change the range when they host the game. So if you wanted it to be +-5 or +-0 or whatever you can. This would not only allow people towards higher levels to limit the people joining and abilities to merge but also let low level lobbies reach out to a wider audience. This would promote levels 12, 25-27, 30-32, 35, and 40s.

Side note for Cinco. Can you do something about taunt? 40 dodge is crazy at low level.
    I'm lowkey mediocre at this game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Just try to add some more Colors to PL.. focus on graphic and look... numbers up are useless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Ahh the ol' balance thread.

I read the whole 'Easy way to balance PvP' part and *in my opinion*, it won't change a single thing. It would make PvP different but not balanced. In fact, balance is a vague word. You cannot have balanced PvP in an RPG. Each class has their own role in a TEAM. If each class is different, then why would one expect that they are balanced in a fight. This also dismisses the concept of a 1v1.

However I completely agree with your overall view of 'balance' as you call it, which is diversity. The more diversity, the better PvP experience. It doesn't become balanced (which it shouldn't) but it doesn't become stale. That's the same point I tried to get people to understand when I was still active on forums.

You've mentioned quite a few points in your balance PvP section. I haven't played in a long time but seeing that nothing has changed, I believe that a majority of PvP imbalances can be fixed with only two small suggestions which you haven't mentioned in that list.

1. Make the skill point cap as high as possible, say 15 or 16: With the current system, there's literally one build. With more skill points, you actually have to choose which type of character you want to be. For e.g. debuff mage or nuke mage? Or maybe defensive support.

2. Make stats <100 or around 100: With stats going insanely high (e.g. 300+ hit), it takes away another factor contributing to PvP as a whole. The more dependencies you have in PvP, the higher the chance for a random (different) outcome.

This is literally giving more or less the same result that you're hoping for with only two changes instead of making everything like the sewer cap.
    Last edited by Bazinga!; 05-15-2017 at 11:40 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JTZ View Post
    I understand that you want the level range set to +-0 because you really enjoy 56 and all that. But the implementation of this would destroy low level even more. You stated that twinking is dead but 15-17 and 22-23 is still active. Some friends and myself have already agreed that we'll quit if the range is even more limiting.

I think something cool that could make everyone happy is letting people change the range when they host the game. So if you wanted it to be +-5 or +-0 or whatever you can. This would not only allow people towards higher levels to limit the people joining and abilities to merge but also let low level lobbies reach out to a wider audience. This would promote levels 12, 25-27, 30-32, 35, and 40s.

Side note for Cinco. Can you do something about taunt? 40 dodge is crazy at low level.
    This idea seems fine to me, although I'm not sure if it's possible to implement which is why I didn't mention it. Also, with his recent post on another thread, it appears as if Cinco might be wanting to do away with twinking as a whole to force people to endgame if they want to pvp. He has stated that he likes the idea of no level restrictions, meaning any level can pvp vs. any level. And of course, if you aren't 100, you will get farmed most certainly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JTZ View Post

This idea seems fine to me. I didn't mention it because I'm not sure if it's possible to implement though. Also, Cinco has stated in another forum post that he likes the idea of no level restrictions, meaning any level vs any level. This would off twinking and force people to endgame, or you would most definitely get farmed in pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bazinga! View Post
    Ahh the ol' balance thread.

I read the whole 'Easy way to balance PvP' part and *in my opinion*, it won't change a single thing. It would make PvP different but not balanced. In fact, balance is a vague word. You cannot have balanced PvP in an RPG. Each class has their own role in a TEAM. If each class is different, then why would one expect that they are balanced in a fight. This also dismisses the concept of a 1v1.

However I completely agree with your overall view of 'balance' as you call it, which is diversity. The more diversity, the better PvP experience. It doesn't become balanced (which it shouldn't) but it doesn't become stale. That's the same point I tried to get people to understand when I was still active on forums.

You've mentioned quite a few points in your balance PvP section. I haven't played in a long time but seeing that nothing has changed, I believe that a majority of PvP imbalances can be fixed with only two small suggestions which you haven't mentioned in that list.

1. Make the skill point cap as high as possible, say 15 or 16: With the current system, there's literally one build. With more skill points, you actually have to choose which type of character you want to be. For e.g. debuff mage or nuke mage? Or maybe defensive support.

2. Make stats <100 or around 100: With stats going insanely high (e.g. 300+ hit), it takes away another factor contributing to PvP as a whole. The more dependencies you have in PvP, the higher the chance for a random (different) outcome.

This is literally giving more or less the same result that you're hoping for with only two changes instead of making everything like the sewer cap.
    I mentioned higher skill levels being a possible option (level 12 skills).

Stats like dodge being around 100 will just promote luck favored pvp. There's also a reason sets come with the stats they do. I don't advocate for 300+ hit, but I don't think every set should give 100 hit either. If stats are 100 for every single set, the best class (in this case, probably Mage) will have the advantage since sets don't provide strengths and weaknesses that are fitting to the different classes.

I used the term 'balance' because when people think of good pvp, they tend to think of it as balanced. It's more applicable to the community than other terms. If I had to choose one or two other terms, I would choose 'diverse' and 'skillful' pvp. Of course, there is still skill that is involved in current endgame pvp, but it is not the same nor as much skill that has been involved at other pvp levels. Some classes/class types can do fine in pvp by just spamming skills without thought (as long as you have things like range and play style down) and that is not okay to me.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dolloway For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post
    I mentioned higher skill levels being a possible option (level 12 skills).

Stats like dodge being around 100 will just promote luck favored pvp. There's also a reason sets come with the stats they do. I don't advocate for 300+ hit, but I don't think every set should give 100 hit either. If stats are 100 for every single set, the best class (in this case, probably Mage) will have the advantage since sets don't provide strengths and weaknesses that are fitting to the different classes.

I used the term 'balance' because when people think of good pvp, they tend to think of it as balanced. It's more applicable to the community than other terms. If I had to choose one or two other terms, I would choose 'diverse' and 'skillful' pvp. Of course, there is still skill that is involved in current endgame pvp, but it is not the same nor as much skill that has been involved at other pvp levels. Some classes/class types can do fine in pvp by just spamming skills without thought (as long as you have things like range and play style down) and that is not okay to me.
    You obviously took it too literally when I said <100. It's my fault for not explaining the second point properly. When I said that I meant that no stat should go over 100% because it just doesn't make sense to have that stat any more. This doesn't mean change the value of dodge from 30 to 100. Keep dodge 30 and make hit 90 is what I'm saying. Also every class need not have the same hit %. For e.g. a bear could have 75 hit, a mage 95 and a bird 110. They are all close to 100 or less than 100 but still make a significant difference in PvP. Hope you understood.