Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: What's Next for Pocket Legends – Halloween Event and Mount Fang

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arischal:445534
    Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84:445530
    Wow. No
    time for the lazy to get to 61 huh. I've mostly given up on it anyway, and mostly play SL lately.
    Not lazy I just wanted to do it in the real hardcore without elixers
    That's what I meant. You didn't catch the humor I guess? Only elixir spammers can reach the elite cap in 2 months.

Even some elixir users won't make it. Seriously too soon.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

is there no way that ppl who are already 1/3 of the way to 61 can choose to lvl the 100k xp and still get the nurd shield cuz i know i won't get to lvl 61 until the end of october and its not fair if u lvled half way and then get a new lvl cap
    especially because it was this fast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

I'm happy that there's new stuff coming. But I have to agree with some comments here. 2 months and we're looking at a new level cap already? As tank said in the comments, if the next cap will be raised so soon, how on earth will we be able to level more than 1 toon to 66? Even with 4x elix I'm only almost done with my 3 toons.

Anyway, looking forward to it nonetheless

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Time to prioritize my priorities
    TVIS - 56 Warrior | Pocket Legends Founder
    TVIS - 35 Commando
    TVIS - 31 Male Vampire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Really glad to see the more frequent campaign releases! New content is a great thing as far as I'm concerned.

With level cap raises coming more frequently, are there any plans to revise the XP curve for the non-elite levels? For casual players it's already a heck of a grind even to 60, and I shudder to think what it's going to be like to the next cap if the same formula is left in place. Never thought I'd end up being a casual player but life changes and here I am - but I'd like to continue playing with my friends and experiencing the new content. I'll make sure to reach 58 before the next cap but I wonder what it's going to be like for the cap after that. The hardcore can have their shields and crowns and all but please keep the new areas accessible to casuals as well. Casuals too like to see new maps and have fun with the new content, instead of being stuck in the same area forever.
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial

Somewhere in the magical land of Texas :)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NECROREAPER:445486
    Great....

Looks like you'll be seeing a lot less of me, what I said still stands:

If the pumpkin head returns, I'm more than likely Gonna quit
    I'm sorry dude. You will always be the Origianol Pumpkin King!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

So now you have to play 6 hours a day or use plat to get to 61. And the old halloween stuff is coming back. R.I.P Pocket Legends. It was nice while it lasted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slush View Post
    But then everyone would look the same o.O
    They already do..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zapoke View Post
    They already do..
    exactly what I was thinking....lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

awesome halloween update and mt fang!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Nooooo not the pumpkin head AND the trick or treat bag .

Also, will there be a special halloween campaign like last year? Any new items besides vanity???
    You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need. ~Vernon Howard
    Announcing the Pocket Legend Fan Site!! Become Part of the Phenomenon!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Just want to throw it out there...

I felt like we waited a long time (perhaps a bit too long) for Nuri's, and the level cap increase. I think that people are still working on levelling and the game hasn't plateaued for most people yet. I think raising the cap this soon, especially if these halloween maps are coming (meaning people might be more interested in playing this than levelling their toons) that there should be more time before the level cap increases.

I can understand that as a business, I am sure the massive amounts of elixirs being purchased when the cap increased was nice, and that you want to sustain and foster the growth that kind of revenue provides, but I think it's going to greatly change the perspective of many players... making it seem like the only way to really operate at a high level in the game is to spend a lot of money on platinum.

I would embrace the new content, and I already have a character at the level cap, but this change would seriously change how I think about the game, and whether I would continue to spend on platinum. I, along with many others spent a lot of plat levelling and enjoying the new content. I kind of feel like I would be very hesitant to spend more on plat to hit the cap, only to have it increase again in a short period.

I know it's a bit of a rant, but I think many players feel the same way. A later release or perhaps making it an elite campaign seemed to be the consensus prior to the news that this was coming so soon, and most people were happy with that idea.

I guess this is just frustrating, and would be even more frustrating to those who still haven't hit the cap in the Nuri's campaign.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ixillicus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

+1 , exactly how i feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixillicus View Post
    Just want to throw it out there...

I felt like we waited a long time (perhaps a bit too long) for Nuri's, and the level cap increase. I think that people are still working on levelling and the game hasn't plateaued for most people yet. I think raising the cap this soon, especially if these halloween maps are coming (meaning people might be more interested in playing this than levelling their toons) that there should be more time before the level cap increases.

I can understand that as a business, I am sure the massive amounts of elixirs being purchased when the cap increased was nice, and that you want to sustain and foster the growth that kind of revenue provides, but I think it's going to greatly change the perspective of many players... making it seem like the only way to really operate at a high level in the game is to spend a lot of money on platinum.

I would embrace the new content, and I already have a character at the level cap, but this change would seriously change how I think about the game, and whether I would continue to spend on platinum. I, along with many others spent a lot of plat levelling and enjoying the new content. I kind of feel like I would be very hesitant to spend more on plat to hit the cap, only to have it increase again in a short period.

I know it's a bit of a rant, but I think many players feel the same way. A later release or perhaps making it an elite campaign seemed to be the consensus prior to the news that this was coming so soon, and most people were happy with that idea.

I guess this is just frustrating, and would be even more frustrating to those who still haven't hit the cap in the Nuri's campaign.
    Last edited by nobounds; 10-14-2011 at 11:16 AM.
    nobounds(flawless), voted best pally twice. Player in the most epic CTF. Retired from guild unity, revelation. Founder of guild Restoration. Tribe master of Shadow Dragons.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to nobounds For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks for the info!
    I am very excited about the new content! Bring it on!!

For all those worried about getting your alts up to the level cap... Really?
    I can see the point of view of the more casual players, but then again, as casual players, you/we aren't really 'hardcore', and thus the special vanity should be something very hard to attain. It should be hard in general....
    I consider myself somewhere in between hardcore and casual, and frankly would rather play other maps or bring other characters to 60 than get to 61.
    I think releasing the maps sooner will actually be good for game dynamic... It will spread out the people playing more, and and will cut back on xp only type runs, which plagued the sewers because the wait was far too long. I think it will encourage teamwork and playing through the maps.
    Most of all, I am ready for some Mt. Fang! Please don't delay too long, there will be naysayers if you release, and also if you don't!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Abagatan For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Looks like all the people that power plat pot are upset... Glad I never pot still lv59

Also the fact that people want to quit because Halloween items are coming back for HALLOWEEN is laughable :lol:
    Last edited by CodyBearr; 10-12-2011 at 06:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Cool new level cap! Too bad I'm not even past lv 35 -.- and even though I wasn't there for the old pumpkin heads, I still think thy shouldn't be released this year, sure they look cool and all but it also represents how long the players have been playing the game. So in my opinion, just come up with different looking pumpkin heads, ones that look way better than the old ones. And like I said, adding the new level cap is great. It gives me a longer adventure even though I buy and sell lol. It will keep things fun for me and for those who are sad by it because they spent millions of gold and some real money for it, it teaches some to use your money wisely. it's still a casual game and like some PL players, don't take the new content way too seriously.
    I edited it :P
    Last edited by TheMatrixMan; 10-12-2011 at 08:12 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=56686&dateline=133636  5090

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Wow!! Thankfully I'm already 61.
    LEVEL 61 BIRD / LEVEL 35 COMMANDO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

WHAT!!! New cap, no more shield and no more crown ??? A BIG "NO" !!! It is totally unacceptable. PL and SL were claimed to be a "CASUAL" MMORPG. It is not CASUAL now. Forcing reach cap in a short time = Forcing me chose between PL and SL + Forcing me use SINGLE character only. It is really demotivate me to cont. play. I play PL and SL because they are fun and more important thing is ... they are CASUAL. I want fun not a virtual JOB.

Pls reconsider your decision.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

sigh . . .
    nuris barely been out and they just released the demonic sets
    whats the point when a new level cap is already coming in such a short time?
    Only people with elixirs can actually level up multiple toons
    i srsly wanted to be able to get the shield but now im srsly thinking about not even trying
    wats the point of a game if i have to constantly pay 50$ to enjoy it for a few months and then pay again?
    and also the items from last year's event were supposed to be exclusive and its what discerned the veterans from the newbies
    Pls Pls Pls
    Make the new campaign an elite dungeon
    Iprotectnoobs (65) Iprotectnoob (65) Meprotectnoob (65) Akpop (35) Akpopone (35) Akpoptwo (30) Akpopthree (35) Akpoppvp (31) Akpopshank (30) Akpopmoob (26) Akpopsmack (25) Akpopshoot (25)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

My apologies, but this has to be the most saddening thread I've ever read. Cap raise? Already? Nuri has hardly been out for a month. I feel cheated. I buy elixirs to get to 61, then shortly after I hit it, I hear a new campaign is coming out, encouraging me to buy even more plat to hit the cap. I'm already losing millions on this announcement. I doubt I'll buy gear after this raise comes, since I can't trust that the devs won't raise the cap again quickly. Having a new cap every month was nice back when levels required a few hundred XP to level up, and cs wasn't around so there was little farming to sell. But when the elite cap, which rewards an exclusive vanity and an awesome bonus if you have the COP, requires over 100K XP, it's too much of a rush. What about people that can't afford elixirs? They don't even get a shot at 61? I'm really disappointed to hear this.

Also, I see a pumpkin helm and candy bag in the screenshot, there goes the exclusiveness of those 2 items. Asommers said in town that it'd come out with all new items, so I assumed the old ones wouldn't be in it. That was a huge releif for me, but seeing that helm in the screenshot is really bothersome. Guess the only way to determine an old player now is if they have a Founder's helm. I'm extremely disappointed with this news.