Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Level 90 cap 2.0

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default Level 90 cap 2.0

My friend Dolloway pretty much summed up the balancing part. Now let's get down to pve, levelling, and quests.

Quests:
    - First of all, please fix the glitch 214/215. I'm sure some people dislike seeing they're missing a quest. I know I do. Secondly, New players can't even get to 214/215. I tried finishing quests on my new character and I wasn't able to finish a few quests. They're nowhere to be found. I'm 14/16 in forest haven and 20/22 in blacksmoke mountain. This made me realize that the quest I might be missing are discontinued. They were probably related to the 76 cap inchor quest.

So what do we do?
    Solution: 1. Erase the discontinued quests out of the system.
    2. Replace the quests with something else so we can get 215/215
    3. Bring back the old inchor quest. You can make it very difficult for people to earn. Yes I mean plat. Make a mini portal just to do this quest. And entry fee has to paid with plat. More $$ for you guys. If this is implemented, idk about others, but I'll be surely running this.

- Yesterday I had 4x daily combo and a day off from work, so I was questing all day long. I ran into something I didn't enjoy and ended up wasting my time. I've always loved quests because they reward you at the end. I did sand caves 2.0 from 77 cap I believe. Some quests were tough and very time consuming if you're doing it solo. At the end there was no reward and they didn't even count towards our quest count. Please fix this. Add quests from oktal, sand cave 2.0 to our total number of quests. Shadow caves also don't have any quests that count towards the total number, please add it to the list. And a reward for the sand cave quests would be nice.

- Remember totems quest? Inchor quest? Snowball 1000 quest? The slayr dragon quest? They were all long, a bit difficult if you did during the cap at the time, and best of all, they were all great in rewards.

For 90 cap:
    - Let's make the quest more interesting, long, and time consuming.
    - 20-30 quests sound ideal
    - make the quests difficult like inchor quest and you could add a time frame on it. If you don't complete within the time frame, you'll have to restart that quest all over again.
    - don't just have 1 quest that's long and difficult and at end it rewards you. No please. Make it more difficult and time consuming. Have 3-5 very difficult quests.
    - reward. How about those purple/white dragon vanities I've been hearing all over forums and in game? Don't just hand it out like candy. Make us sweat, make us work hard for them. You can also add a plat dungeon to earn these vanities like dolloway suggested.

Levelling:
    - Make levelling more challenging. Add more exp to every lvl.
    - for 90 cap. Add 300k exp for 89-90 lvl
    - people love to race to cap. Add a reward for first 50 to cap? Not 100. This way more people will be forced to race to cap. And what's the best way to lvl? I think we all know. Plat buying will definitely get you there first.

PVE/Dungeons:
    - like dolloway suggested have 6-7 different sets. This will definitely get more people to farm more.
    - have a mini plat dungeon that drops more items
    - make the regular drop very rare. Remember the time when dragon vanities first came out during mount fang? Only a few people got drops. And then people complained on forums and you guys increased the drop rate? Implement this back. More people will be forced to buy plat elixirs to farm. I know it will be challenging, but it will be worth it. I'll guarantee you everyone's gonna be farming all day long. Pve will be very active. And ofc the hype.
    - maybe implement this rare drop for the white/purple dragon vanities?

Faces:
    - we definitely need new faces and even bring the Humana faces back. Add higher plat price on them.
    - My guild member posted this couple days ago. Please check it out. http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ace-suggestion!

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,159 Posts

I will indeed remove all the nutty combo Free elixirs when I update to Level 90 (which will actually be Level 100).
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Any hints on when the update will happen?

4.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,159 Posts

Not sure. Been grinding out a new expansion all this week. Will likely work on it all this weekend too.

I'd love to put something out before next week ends ;-)
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

How about that plat sale? It's been a long time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Maybe drop by in game and give us tiny hints about the what will be dropping in the next update.

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,159 Posts

Part of the expansion takes place on a whole new planet...

I've always been a fan of the old Star Trek series where they'd wind up on Earth for some odd reason.

So I came up with a really odd reason to send Alterra's most powerful Legends to Earth :-))
    (now we just gotta see if I can pull it off)
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post

I've always been a fan of the old Star Trek series where they'd wind up on Earth for some odd reason.

So I came up with a really odd reason to send Alterra's most powerful Legends to Earth :-))
    Please make the levelling difficult. Not as easy as current cap. And longer quests that keep us occupied.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Very interesting. Will there be anything given to the players that level up to the cap?

10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingCat View Post
    Please make the levelling difficult. Not as easy as current cap. And longer quests that keep us occupied.
    I'm coupling the grind with some very long collection quests - but I'm going to allow direct access to the zones (unlike the previous).

Toying with the idea of allowing the OK'TAL pets in these new zones (with all their buffs and stuff)... but I fear that this might trivialize the grind.
    | | | |

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #11
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bountyghost View Post
    Very interesting. Will there be anything given to the players that level up to the cap?
    That's the plan... but I'm not sure what it'll be yet. Most likely I'll pull the level cap rewards together at the very end of development.
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

(Rewards). So you're saying more than 1 reward?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I'm coupling the grind with some very long collection quests - but I'm going to allow direct access to the zones (unlike the previous).

Toying with the idea of allowing the OK'TAL pets in these new zones (with all their buffs and stuff)... but I fear that this might trivialize the grind.
    What about adding new pet and new stats? Same deal...we purchase with plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

That sounds exciting cinco, thank you!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Awesome! And thanks for working on the incompatibility issues coming for Apple. I was starting to get bummed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

That's the plan... but I'm not sure what it'll be yet. Most likely I'll pull the level cap rewards together at the very end of development.
    Oh my alterran god I'm hyped! One question, will the alien theme finally be put to rest and/or be re-done so it doesn't feel like a complete reskin?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Oh my alterran god I'm hyped! One question, will the alien theme finally be put to rest and/or be re-done so it doesn't feel like a complete reskin?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Ignore the double post, it lagged.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Pets make the grind seem artificial, i vote no pets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Quest pets would be cool.