Thread: Change the Curse Ability from Graveyard Sorcerers to Fireball

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Lightbulb Change the Curse Ability from Graveyard Sorcerers to Fireball

The curse ability from dead sorcerers is over powered. It should not be allowed for a mob to be able to kill any player, with appropriate gear, of one single attack. Even after adding a warning before the curse, it is of no help since the magnitude of damage is still the same. Either move the ability or change it to Fireball, Frost Bolt, or give them an Arcane Shield, but not an ability that is able to kill anyone of one hit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

The curse ability is fine. The flaw is the reaction time. Sometimes curse takes effect faster than the other, server lag is one of the biggest reason for this. My thougts are to extend the reaction time and do something about the curse warning.
    Unlike the "you've been targeted by aimshot" warning, the only heads up you get from the curse ability is a little icon, really easy to miss due to all procs going on at the same time. After that icon you get a popup message saying "you've been cursed" in mausoleum 5-6" when this happens its mostly insta death. Server lag, so many procs causing even more lag. When someone teleports, enters the map or respawns you even get a screen freeze for a short period of time.
    All this decreases the reaction time to get rid of curse.
    The only way to not get cursed at all is by having 2 glowsticks in your party.
    There was another pet that was great for dealing with curse: Nilbog. But the DOT immunity got nerfed secretly to 1 second instead of 5. My guess is that this is a way to force mausoleum farmers to buy glowstick or to suffer from tons of curse deaths. Of course I could be wrong.
    If Devs aren't aware that Nilbogs DOT immunity has been significantly decreased I'd appreciate it if they look into this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

The curse ability is fine. The flaw is the reaction time. Sometimes curse takes effect faster than the other, server lag is one of the biggest reason for this. My thougts are to extend the reaction time and do something about the curse warning.
    Unlike the "you've been targeted by aimshot" warning, the only heads up you get from the curse ability is a little icon, really easy to miss due to all procs going on at the same time. After that icon you get a popup message saying "you've been cursed" in mausoleum 5-6" when this happens its mostly insta death. Server lag, so many procs causing even more lag. When someone teleports, enters the map or respawns you even get a screen freeze for a short period of time.
    All this decreases the reaction time to get rid of curse.
    The only way to not get cursed at all is by having 2 glowsticks in your party.
    There was another pet that was great for dealing with curse: Nilbog. But the DOT immunity got nerfed secretly to 1 second instead of 5. My guess is that this is a way to force mausoleum farmers to buy glowstick or to suffer from tons of curse deaths. Of course I could be wrong.
    If Devs aren't aware that Nilbogs DOT immunity has been significantly decreased I'd appreciate it if they look into this.