Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: One month to make 100,000 exp is not enough time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

What im trying to say is less people will play and the community will eventually become smaller (especially the endgame players) this is going to deter people from having a fun time cuz theres not that many people around plus itll take a lot more time for newbies to actually get to the endlevels
    Iprotectnoobs (65) Iprotectnoob (65) Meprotectnoob (65) Akpop (35) Akpopone (35) Akpoptwo (30) Akpopthree (35) Akpoppvp (31) Akpopshank (30) Akpopmoob (26) Akpopsmack (25) Akpopshoot (25)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Calm, calm, calm down. This game isn't fun with complainers around. Hold your horses and think for a minute. STS will do the right thing in the end. I think 6 months each cap is enough. STS give us Till January. As I said in the other thread.
    Guess who's back, back again, Ghastly's back, tell your friends :-D
    ~Ghastly~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xymorg View Post
    In what way will it make it harder for newbies to enjoy the game? I've always been a "pick up and play" player & enjoyed every minute, even though I'll never have the most gold, the best gears, or formidable pvp skillz...

We're not really playing against each other, it's more like playing music together: more fun than playing alone & not really a competition
    As always wonderful, wise advice. I have 1 at cap and will have my second before Mt. Fang releases.

My pain is for those who can't afford plat to grind easily. With the limited time I have to play, without plat elixirs I would not be at level cap in time for this release.

Tapatalk'd from my PowerWashed Fascinate
    PL ign: Yvonnel - 66 Enchantress / Yvonnela - 65 Archer / Yvonnelw - 55 Warrior

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Yvonnel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Normally I love the content and pace of of updates. I didnt even mind the length of BS all that much.

The timing of this release though is unfortunate for a couple reasons:

1. Nuri is only a couple months old. Without elixir its tough reaching 61 in this time frame. Even at two hours a day, its tough. I realize two hours isn't much for some, but when you have a job and family its quite a lot. I know, its a me problem. Nonetheless, Im sure I'm not alone.

2. Demonic crafting is only few weeks old and will be rendered almost worthless (yes a slight exageration). A lot of people spent a lot of time and gold trying to craft this gear. Another me problem, I know.

I doubt STS will reconsider, so I won't make any plea. I just think its unfortunate.

Just one humble opinion.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atlannie View Post
    Normally I love the content and pace of of updates. I didnt even mind the length of BS all that much.

The timing of this release though is unfortunate for a couple reasons:

1. Nuri is only a couple months old. Without elixir its tough reaching 61 in this time frame. Even at two hours a day, its tough. I realize two hours isn't much for some, but when you have a job and family its quite a lot. I know, its a me problem. Nonetheless, Im sure I'm not alone.

2. Demonic crafting is only few weeks old and will be rendered almost worthless (yes a slight exageration). A lot of people spent a lot of time and gold trying to craft this gear. Another me problem, I know.

I doubt STS will reconsider, so I won't make any plea. I just think its unfortunate.

Just one humble opinion.

Couldn't of said it better myself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonnel View Post
    As always wonderful, wise advice. I have 1 at cap and will have my second before Mt. Fang releases.

My pain is for those who can't afford plat to grind easily. With the limited time I have to play, without plat elixirs I would not be at level cap in time for this release.

Tapatalk'd from my PowerWashed Fascinate
    Very true. I bought a decent plat pack. The intention wasnt to use it on elixer but for other content (e.g. Holiday items, etc) with some elixer sprinkled in.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

?, Is it to soon for the reasons u guys posted? Or is it to soon cause u guys blew 10mill on sets that r now going to be worth half that if your lucky? I believe the second is the real reason for all the complaining. Maybe it should be a lesson that we shouldn't charge each other 10mill for sets cause the next day u could be stuck with a 2mill set. Work with it homies u guys set & paid the prices no one else. Bring the update I'm ready....lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I think it's too fast as well
    HTC Evo - Evo acting up? Check out this post for tips!
    Cidxesyl 56 Pure Mage | Lysdexic 56 Bow Bear | Sixdelyc 21 Junk Mage

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fncrazy View Post
    ?, Is it to soon for the reasons u guys posted? Or is it to soon cause u guys blew 10mill on sets that r now going to be worth half that if your lucky? I believe the second is the real reason for all the complaining. Maybe it should be a lesson that we shouldn't charge each other 10mill for sets cause the next day u could be stuck with a 2mill set. Work with it homies u guys set & paid the prices no one else. Bring the update I'm ready....lol
    This ISN'T about the sets; it's about those who can't afford plat, or those who work, or go to school, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Definately not enough time and
    People barely had any time to test out demonic sets in pvp
    Is the update just for more income?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why complain isn't 60 the normal cap

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Agreed not all of us have a lot of time to play even if I used an elixir its not going to help a lot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fncrazy View Post
    It has nothing to do with sets. I didn't pay millions for any of that fancy gear and had no intention of ever purchasing them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Me and some friends farmed for our demonic sets and i have a lvl 61. So its not the money wasted cause there was none. I just want more time to lvl my alts to 61 cause i dont wanna miss out on the shield.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Let's not forget the exclusive hardcore leaderboards
    Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    Congrats
    In the future, we'll make a leaderboard for these. I think we'll also make a separate leaderboard for characters that didn't use an elixir while achieving the final level.
    -ALS
    Which adds another element to this whole issue. As much as I love new content, this release is way too soon. I don't even have a full Nuri set yet and I'm still enjoying Nuris! Really if I miss out on a shield needed for the hardcore set, I'll be taking a break until DL comes out. I'm lucky to dedicate five hours a week to PL, this is why I gave up on SL altogether. We're taking away the casual style of these mobile games by creating these short deadlines, and while this great for the select few the masses suffer for it.
    If it was up to me I would remove the hardcore levels all together, and replace it with a new boss kill bar under the xp bar. After so many boss kills/elite missions (a ton of them, maybe defeating certain bosses in a certain order or adding elite missions?) players can turn in their hardcore points/gems/trophies for the these "uber" items. In this manner everyone has a chance so long as they spend large ammounts of time trying to acheive their goals.

Edit- Maybe these elite missions could be extremely difficult to the point where players would need a very tactful or hardcore team to acheive. This would push players to purchase plat to make their adventure slightly easier to accomplish.
    Last edited by Orcish; 10-12-2011 at 11:11 PM.
    Grimtigrex - "I like people who take time out of there life to help other people. Thank you!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

At the last cap (56) even casual players like me meandered in 3 months after the sprinters made it in 4 days. It kind of degrades the elite status for the hard core. If people want to quit because it takes too much time & money to stay at the top, then there's really no way to stop them.

A steep progression curve keeps the interest of the hard core (& as has been pointed out, should generate steady plat purchases). If you really want the game to thrive, one player who would quit if it was too easy is probably worth 20 that will quit if it's too hard...

...Make that 100 if we're talking about Royce may he be inactive in peace
    Xymorg --- Xymian --- Xymli

A E O
    Proud owner of 20 charm points! /arcane

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Listen people who have said that you want it to be released. You are probably sitting there with capped gold and lvl 61 with melodic auto. Now how about people who spent all money on new sets, yes it's their choise, but who the heck would know that it would be so cheap next day. What's the point of crafted sets then? Also many people already said that people go to work school and do sports. Maybe they are hardcore enough but just don't have enough time. Don't be so selfish and think of other people who got screwed over.
    P.S Sts come on guys are you screwing with us?
    Ugh...$$$ is all people want these days.
    It was fun while it lasted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Thumbs up How about a compromise, Mt Fang with NO lvl cap increase!

STS in the past has always respected our voice,I can't believe one player was thinking its been a month, time for a Lvl increase?
    They have not said much since they made this announcement and that speaks volumes!
    We have the choice to not play Mt Fang as well!
    Having thought about it and being Lvl 61 I leave it up to the players to speak up I wish Mt fang would come out w/o a Lvl increase and make new gear not old gear renamed with better drop rates!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Not. Cool.

Lost almost all of my money because of this super fast cap raise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default For me it is about the shield

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    Keep in mind we're talking about a level cap, not a level requirement. You're under no obligation to reach the maximum level at any given time, and it shouldn't be easy to do so, hence the vanity reward you get if you do reach the level cap. If you find it important to reach the level cap, that's your own business, but it definitely shouldn't factor into STS' decision making in my opinion.
    This is leaving out the 61 shield.

I'm torn about this. I want the shield, but I can't afford the time nor the plat to make it there before Halloween. The chances are that the shield will not be offered, like the helm, after the level cap raised. It's not so much the rep the shield gives, which wouldn't be so much now, but the set bonus, and I really love set bonuses , and my completist nature (i.e. do all quests, get the end game sets, etc).
    Uepauke
    PL mage (66) and SL engineer (25), also Loonybird (65) in PL and others
    Alterran Royal Guard and The Farmers' Collective