View Poll Results: What should the name of the ambassador program be?

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pocket Ambassadors

15 12.71%
  • Ambassadors of Alterra

76 64.41%
  • Guide Guild

2 1.69%
  • Ambassador Alliance

9 7.63%
  • Alliance of Alterra

6 5.08%
  • Support Squad of Alterra

10 8.47%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Ambassador Program - Vote on name and give us your thoughts!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Question Ambassador Program - Vote on name and give us your thoughts!

Note: Please do not use this thread to say you want to be an ambassador, we will do that later!

I'd like to thank everyone who came by our meeting tonight. For those just hearing about this, we're working on planning a new ambassador program for experienced players who like to spend some time helping out new people to the game. These are the kind of people who hang out in Forest Haven to greet and guide the brand new and lower level peeps. More info - http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...at-7pm-Eastern

The Pocket Legends community is going to have a hand in designing and executing this ambassador program, and tonight we sat down to chat about how we would like this to play out. I'd like to list some of the things we talked about and ask you to jump in and give us your thoughts!

[Remember that none of this is set in stone. I am recording what the majority thought was a good idea, and also listing some debatable things. All ideas are welcome!]

Name of the program:

Lots of great ideas, I've picked a few for everyone to vote on! Please see the poll and let us know what you like the best.

Roles and duties:

Main goal is to greet and guide new players - be their first friend in Alterra and help them get started on their journey
    Be a role model, on best behavior and instruct about community guidelines and expectations
    Not here to power level anyone or give them items - don't want to take away from experience
    Ambassador accounts will be alts, never higher than lvl 10
    Not as elite as GoA - do not want to be super duper exclusive

Perk ideas:

Special color name in-game (green?)
    Special icon
    Armor or shields with "?" logo or a question mark above player name
    Other special vanity item for alt and main character? (highly debated, what do you think?)
    Private sub-forum on the forum for exclusive updates, news and a place for ambassadors to coordinate and recommend new ambassadors

Applications:

First group of ambassadors will be hand picked by Spacetime and grown from there
    Those who are interested in becoming an ambassador can apply on the forum
    Applications will ask questions like - What is your Pocket Legends story? Why do you want to be an Ambassador? What is your main goal once you become an Ambassador? etc (Please feel free to suggest questions!)
    Current ambassadors can give recommendations on who should be selected next
    All applicants will be background checked for past behavior in the game
    Once someone is chosen, they will have a trial period - if they excel during the trial period they will be chosen as a permanent ambassador

-----

Whew! That is a lot of stuff! What are your thoughts? I realize this thread might get out of control so let's try to be as helpful and understanding as possible! Please do not comment on this thread saying you would like to be an ambassador, that will come later.

We'll give this until the weekend and then revise based on your thoughts. Hopefully in a week or so we can draft the first constitution and go from there. LONG LIVE ALTERRA!

2. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Pandar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

FIRST

I chose Support Squad of Alterra just because im the one who came up with it(: and it sounds cooool.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator7
    Once someone is chosen, they will have a trial period - if they excel during the trial period they will be chosen as a permanent ambassador
    Thought we discussed that ambassadors can be demoted? Might want to replace the word "Permanent" with something like "Official" (:

Accually going for this one to help with:

It will straighten out my attitude. I know i have one im trying :P
    Gives me a reason to play PL again
    I love helping the lil noobies(:
    Last edited by Artemis; 10-12-2011 at 09:10 PM.
    Bow Down to a Goddess 👑

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Second, and Alliance of Alterra is my current guild name But if it was liked, we could work something out

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Where can we find the poll?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Applying

Quote Originally Posted by Silentarrow View Post
    On the first post
    Last edited by RedRyder; 10-12-2011 at 09:04 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silentarrow View Post
    Right above the thread!

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator7 View Post
    Right above the thread!
    My browser didn't load the poll at first *facepalm*.
    Last edited by Silentarrow; 10-12-2011 at 09:07 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Sounds excellent! Since moderators have a green name i think a different color would be in order. Maybe yellow or orange? Concerning the vanity-Maybe a shield with the 3 characters of PL on it? Title would be 'Ambassador Shield'.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Yeah I read Alliance of Alterra and was like what.
    I wonder if the original Guardians of Alterra was established like this.
    I give some name offerings:
    -Team Alterra
    -Legends Search Team
    -PL Welcome Team
    -Alterran Officer
    -Way of Warrior
    -

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

What about simply 'The Ambassadors of PL'.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator7 View Post
    Note: Please do not use this thread to say you want to be an ambassador, we will do that later!

I'd like to thank everyone who came by our meeting tonight. For those just hearing about this, we're working on planning a new ambassador program for experienced players who like to spend some time helping out new people to the game. These are the kind of people who hang out in Forest Haven to greet and guide the brand new and lower level peeps. More info - http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...at-7pm-Eastern

The Pocket Legends community is going to have a hand in designing and executing this ambassador program, and tonight we sat down to chat about how we would like this to play out. I'd like to list some of the things we talked about and ask you to jump in and give us your thoughts!

[Remember that none of this is set in stone. I am recording what the majority thought was a good idea, and also listing some debatable things. All ideas are welcome!]

Name of the program:

Lots of great ideas, I've picked a few for everyone to vote on! Please see the poll and let us know what you like the best.

Roles and duties:

Main goal is to greet and guide new players - be their first friend in Alterra and help them get started on their journey
    Be a role model, on best behavior and instruct about community guidelines and expectations
    Not here to power level anyone or give them items - don't want to take away from experience
    Ambassador accounts will be alts, never higher than lvl 10
    Not as elite as GoA - do not want to be super duper exclusive

Perk ideas:

Special color name in-game (green?)Or blue
    Special iconWe should talk to Max(Redryder) about this, Mod.
    Armor or shields with "?" logo or a question mark above player nameMaybe a good idea to an extent that we are distinguished as our position
    Other special vanity item for alt and main character? (highly debated, what do you think?)It is a good idea, to the point that we aren't here for free stuffs, but rather to help. But who doesn't like a cool vanity? I say vanity for alts.
    Private sub-forum on the forum for exclusive updates, news and a place for ambassadors to coordinate and recommend new ambassadorsAnd Maybe possible group

Applications:

First group of ambassadors will be hand picked by Spacetime and grown from thereHow many?
    Those who are interested in becoming an ambassador can apply on the forum
    Applications will ask questions like - What is your Pocket Legends story? Why do you want to be an Ambassador? What is your main goal once you become an Ambassador? etc (Please feel free to suggest questions!)
    Current ambassadors can give recommendations on who should be selected next
    All applicants will be background checked for past behavior in the gameSounds official
    Once someone is chosen, they will have a trial period - if they excel during the trial period they will be chosen as a permanent ambassadorUnless they do not continue their helping efforts for a period of time, or do something that violates ToS or is just wrong.

-----

Whew! That is a lot of stuff! What are your thoughts? I realize this thread might get out of control so let's try to be as helpful and understanding as possible! Please do not comment on this thread saying you would like to be an ambassador, that will come later.

We'll give this until the weekend and then revise based on your thoughts. Hopefully in a week or so we can draft the first constitution and go from there. LONG LIVE ALTERRA!
    Edited with thoughts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Voted for ambassadors of alterra

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony:446005
    Sounds like a good program but how would one diferentiate this from the GoA? If STS is going to hand pick these players, we can almost assume that most of them will be GoA, and anyone who isn't GoA yet will immedately fufill the criteria to become one since helping other players will become a responsibility of theirs. If the addition of thie program means that the guardian program is scrapped then that makes a bit of sense, but if not then there seems to be quite a bit of overlap.
    This is different from the GoA's, that is just to recognize people who have shown exemplary dedication to following the rules and helping when needed. Ambassadors isnt going to be as exclusive, anyone can join, and their objective is purely to help out lower level people to get the hang of the game.

I suggested Ambassadors Alliance (lol AA) but there are a bunch more better than mine.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Oh and:

-Ministy of Alterra
    -Counsel of Alterra

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

I was the one that made ambassadors of alterran:P so i votes for that one and are those all the notes?
    (i was actually going to ask something more important but...i forgot it :P i hate when i forget :MAD:
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

It all sounds good to me
    INDUBITABLY:banana

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Great idea! Reminds me of my first days of pocket legend... Discovery was half the fun!
    Rasi: Grumpy old arcane mage (AL)
    Haowesie: Confused & oblivious bird (PL)
    Aestrella: Sexy insecure mage wannabe (PL)
    Drearasy: Crazy-eyed dex-bear (PL)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WoundedEagle View Post
    Edited with thoughts
    Actually everyone in game has blue names....are you trying to say something? And i prefer RAINBOW NAME!!!!!! :P
    When there is too much

Don't forget

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy View Post
    Ambassadors isnt going to be as exclusive, anyone can join, and their objective is purely to help out lower level people to get the hang of the game.
    Yeah, I get that but any GoA that applies is a sure thing. Anyone who gets accepted will more than likely be considered to become a GoA in a matter of weeks. I'm just saying this seems like a stepping stone to GoA-hood. Could be fun though, but not really sure how one a player can tell who is truely new and who is just making an alt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Lol go Pocket Ambassadors! I think I came up with that one.