Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
Arcane Legends was originally marketed as a pick-up-and-play game for mobile players. A game where you could do a quick run or two while waiting at a bus stop, or on your lunch break at work. A few seasons ago, it was changed so that running the new maps REQUIRED you to be in a party - even for the normal level maps. This completely negates the entire "casual" model and led to a lot of frustration. When I could no longer solo the current season's maps, that was the end of it for me, and is why so many of the season 1-4 players are no longer in game.

Adding to that, the extremely low drop rates and hundreds of hours grinding just to acquire a single item, made the game both no longer fun and (for many) no longer worth playing. A lot of the original players were adults with jobs and families who don't have 40-80 hours a week to play a game, let alone wait around for an hour (or more) each time to get a party together that is sufficiently skilled to do any proper farming.

I realize everything changes over time, but situations like this one are so far from the original concept of the game that it's not the same entity anymore, and that is sad.

Very welll said +1