Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please Read This: Regarding the Devs' Visits

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Default Please Read This: Regarding the Devs' Visits

I have a simple request. Please stop suffocating the developers and event characters in-game. I ask that you please, please give them space and not to be stand right on top of thee so that your pixels are literally inside them. Or completely overlapping them.

For one, everyone else can't see what they have on, if they're giving out stuff. In other cases, with people who have low-end devices, it may cause severe slowdown.

I'm just asking to be courteous and thoughtful of others. It's unfair that people selfishly cover the developer/event character. Worst case, someone may pass by, and not even notice them there.

I remember a long time ago, Justg had to go out of the map on the other side of the wall on PL, for this reason. It might have just been a display of manipulation of the game, but it was a pretty damn good idea and I suggest all devs to do the same in future events. Go to an area where they won't be smothered by obnoxious players. You might ruin it for someone else, who has never seen a dev for the first time. And be honest, its merry when you see them. Share the excitement.

You don't have to be in negative space with the dev to wave at them and be rewarded with something.

Vampire the Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

All I did was spam wave until they left, got 2 out of the 3 jetpacks (showed up late). Lol. Though they weren't that hard to see, two devs were in numa at the same time running around...lol but I feel your pain.

Rodvik - 40 Engineer - Guy on the Couch in Infinite Union
    Fouroneone - Pay It Forward

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draco Mikato:446220
    I have a simple request. Please stop suffocating the developers and event characters in-game. I ask that you please, please give them space and not to be stand right on top of thee so that your pixels are literally inside them. Or completely overlapping them.

For one, everyone else can't see what they have on, if they're giving out stuff. In other cases, with people who have low-end devices, it may cause severe slowdown.

I'm just asking to be courteous and thoughtful of others. It's unfair that people selfishly cover the developer/event character. Worst case, someone may pass by, and not even notice them there.

I remember a long time ago, Justg had to go out of the map on the other side of the wall on PL, for this reason. It might have just been a display of manipulation of the game, but it was a pretty damn good idea and I suggest all devs to do the same in future events. Go to an area where they won't be smothered by obnoxious players. You might ruin it for someone else, who has never seen a dev for the first time. And be honest, its merry when you see them. Share the excitement.

You don't have to be in negative space with the dev to wave at them and be rewarded with something.
    +1 to all of ^^this^^

Think of the Seinfeld episode with the close talker. No one likes being crowded... I know it's just a game, but I don't even like it when one character is overlapping with mine, let alone 20+! Who knows, the dev may even get tired of these antics and leave! Oh, to have the boot at base...

I have an idea, how about everyone tries to form a circle around the next dev or event character they see. If they move, reform the circle. That way, everyone will be able to see them and wave for them item they are carrying! Who knows, they may even be so impressed as to give a special item!

PL: Thequickone warrior, Torrenz archer, Faebronia enchantress/main
    SL: Thequickone commando, Torrenz operative, Faebronia engineer/main, Helpdesk <PiF> engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

These are probably the same people who stand in that little notch in the wall right on top of the CS so that you can't click on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don´t get tha`what do you mean by CS ?
    - Proud member and Officer of Black Pegasus -
    Appliants come to http://blackpegasus.dyndns.org

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Some ppl just want to be as close as possible to greatness...tough at times. 8-)
    <- design by Pianowizzy
    CHOWNis - 41 Commando | Nachownis - 25 Operative Twink | Chownisis - 39 Killa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

The next time I meet one of the devs in real life, I'll be sure to stand as close as possible to them and wave.

Humor aside...

Like it or not, their giveaway mechanic is based off a radius. The best way to ensure you get an item is to stand as close to them as you can.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to IBNobody For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OrksRache View Post
    CS = Auction Terminal.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OrksRache View Post
    "CS" = "Consignment Store" or the auction house area.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CanonicalKoi View Post
    "CS" = "Consignment Store" or the auction house area.
    If I used 'Consignment Store' woulda confused them even more both! now that works

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    If I used 'Consignment Store' woulda confused them even more both! now that works
    I was going for both the literal and figurative translation. And you, sir, are rarely confusing.

ETA: You're not confusing, but you are a Ninja! Have you given any thought to making an Op your main?
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CanonicalKoi:446478
    I was going for both the literal and figurative translation. And you, sir, are rarely confusing.

ETA: You're not confusing, but you are a Ninja! Have you given any thought to making an Op your main?
    Actually, if we're going to be uber technical and precise with our definition of "CS", it actually means "Consignment Shoppe".

...was that a flame?

PL: Thequickone warrior, Torrenz archer, Faebronia enchantress/main
    SL: Thequickone commando, Torrenz operative, Faebronia engineer/main, Helpdesk <PiF> engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CanonicalKoi View Post

Would Neked Bod srsly look good as an Op? (I rest my case your honour )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lol, they need to implement an "anti crowd circle" that deals you damage when you get close to the dev, then insta's you if you touch them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by talktalktalk View Post
    Lol, they need to implement an "anti crowd circle" that deals you damage when you get close to the dev, then insta's you if you touch them.
    I predict a lot of dead bodies around the devs if that would happen

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Would Neked Bod srsly look good as an Op? (I rest my case your honour )
    Nekkid Bod....with wings??!??? So hot the Devs could sell fans in the plat store and make a mint.

(Okay, okay. Maybe Commandos have better builds, but really--wings? With wings even my wimpy Op looks good. )

Thequickone said:

Actually, if we're going to be uber technical and precise with our definition of "CS", it actually means "Consignment Shoppe".

...was that a flame?
    Pfft. That wasn't a flame. Besides, I was merely using the modern spelling. *cough*

ETA: Back on topic: yes, it'd be nice if the crowd backed up at least enough that you could actually see if what the Dev/Droid has (if anything) is something you need. And if Starsavior stopped whipping out that bottle of BBQ sauce every time he sees a Droid. Poor Droid!
    Last edited by CanonicalKoi; 10-14-2011 at 06:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thequickone View Post

...was that a flame?
    Talking about Pocket Legends? There, if you go to the CS screens, you'll see both "Consignment Shoppe" and "Consignment Store" in the UI. Fortunately, the "CS" abbrivation covers both. iPad users will also see the term "Auction Haus" in the CS UI. "A foolish consistency…", as the saying goes…

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

I don't do this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

What if the devs/events toons could floatbin the squares were you can see down to lower blackstar? Then everyone could line up around the square creating some much needed space...that would be sweet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cptcaveman:448750
    What if the devs/events toons could floatbin the squares were you can see down to lower blackstar? Then everyone could line up around the square creating some much needed space...that would be sweet
    Same thing i was thinking(that's if you mean the two black squares in the middle of Blackstar). Maybe even a section where you have to line up, and only 2 at a time can enter.
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.