Thread: First Impressions of Artifact

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default First Impressions of Artifact

I like the idea. It is a new piece of gear for which the grind to get the arcane level is a huge one for plat and ftp players alike (fair). And it. is. a. huge. grind. I am no stranger to grinding in rpg's but phew this one might be a little rough, however it will keep the community from burning through it in a few weeks and give everyone another "thing" to do in the game (not to mention there is no community progress bar!). There are a few things I would like to address though.

1. In the chat box I saw someone bring up that kt4 works towards the 1k mob kills and a mod replied that this is a bug and would be fixed. My question is why? What is the difference between one shotting mobs through glintstone caverns instead of kt4 besides taking 10-15 minutes longer to complete? Of course the mod may have been replying to another comment, but if not please allow kt4 mobs to count. The grind is already difficult enough without having to bumble through misty grotto 20 times.

2. The difficulty of the portal map itself needs some looking into. Even with 6k hp and 4.6k armor I am running into troubles trying to solo this map. And its not bc I need to "git gud", I regularly get stranded after m2 and solo m3 for fun and even that gives me less trouble than this map. A guildie of mine who is mid tier geared said that the new map was almost undoable. I have identified a couple things that make the soloing process a bit difficult:

- For some reason whenever the first mob is hit every.single.mob. on the screen and then some will be aggro'd for no reason. This usually includes at least 4 blue witches and 2 mages resulting in the player being swarmed and having to pot-tank or die.

- The archers were given the aim shot skill. Literally nothing kills soloing more than a common mob who has an auto targeting, no red-zone, unavoidable, screen wide range, high damage attack...that can crit. An aim shot will drop me from 100% to 13% real fast and with the amount of archers in the map and mobs swarming the player it sucks. Pray for those 3k armor 5k hp rouges

3. If you're a warrior, your're not gonna have a good time.

Other than that I am super excited to get grinding; let the artifact race begin! Please comment your first impressions of the update!

Edit: So I have gotten 18 magna rune frgaments and 0 victus fragments, is this normal? Are victus frags rare? Also Artus drops ankhs.
    /RogueAuraHype

-Saiyan-
    Last edited by Loveshot; 05-19-2017 at 10:21 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Loveshot For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Loveshot View Post
    3. If you're a warrior, your're not gonna have a good time.
    I dont agree with this. Actually hard maps are easier for warriors than rogues and mages if you are a warrior who knows how to do it. If you are using a dragon hunter sword with %100 gold loot, just because of your "arcane item" obsession, then yes, you will have trouble(BTW its useless af even in other maps, especially in higher levels of mauso. Please dont use it unless you are at boss). If you are using a dusk sword for its vanity damage, yes again, you will have trouble. Buy a glint aegis and all of your problems will be solved. Tbh i can finish this map solo in 5-6 minutes.

Signature credits to Bellaelda

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shackler For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

glintstone aegis (or magma) is a discontinued items, yet well sought item, you can't say a warrior with glintstone aegis is an average / poor one...

of course it will be different case if devs intend/design this map as an elite map where no average player can run.

also, if the witch there can cast that damage-reducing orb, then it's definitely not a map to solo. i was lucky because i didn't see them casting it in my first run there

p.s. there are 2 bosses in mausoleum that gets technically healed by each of your attack, meaning you'll get punished if you're using dragon sword with proc which give small damage at a high rate. so dusk claymore is not bad @_@, you'll understand if you solo the boss using warrior
    Last edited by extrapayah; 05-19-2017 at 03:56 AM.
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to extrapayah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by extrapayah View Post
    glintstone aegis (nor-magma) is a discontinued items, yet well sought item though, you can't say a warrior with glintstone aegis is an average / poor one...

of course it will be different case if devs intend/design this map as an elite map where no average player can run.

also, if the witch there can cast that damage-reducing orb, then it's definitely not a map to solo. i was lucky because i didn't see them casting it in my first run there

p.s. there are 2 bosses in mausoleum that gets technically healed by each of your attack, meaning you'll get punished if you're using dragon sword with proc which give small damage at a high rate. so dusk claymore is not bad @_@
    Lmao dude read again what i wrote. You completely misunderstood.

Signature credits to Bellaelda

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I am a mage with very op gear 7.4k health 2050 damage balanced gun and 1009 int the map is fairly easy burn thru it in 10 mins but that's just my opinion as everyone varies on gear skill and knowledge on how to play. The grinding is the only issue not worth spending 5k$ grand on to farm an artifact. 5k$ is can get you a decent car. Am I missing something here?
    🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Keeese For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Ty for responses everyone. So it seems every class can clear the map within 5-10 minutes if they have the proper gear (even warrs so I will redact my statement about them). Something I forgot to add was that I was pleasantly surprised to see my mauso armor and dmg bonuses applied.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Warrior is pain to play there.
    Lets be honest, it took me 5 minutes to kill boss, and 10 minutes to clear the map, just calculate how many runs i need to do just toget the arcane artifact. Glintstone set was joke compared to this, i rather farm 3 glintstone sets than this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Think we should all be able to agree that this map is a bit overkill. It's meant to be solo-ble by any class with decent gear. Most of the players here saying that it's soloble have beyond average gear. This map shouldn't exclude the ones who just have average.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

please include voice set buff in this solo run

14. The Following User Says Thank You to will0 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I'm doing this map in speed set - it's pretty easy. People just need to figure out the high priority mobs, section them off and kill them first. Kalizza has some very good tactics for solo runs. I suggest you look at them. The mechanics are vastly different to party map running.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I think if it's 5-10minutes on day 1, first few hours, then it will be easy once everyone figures out a few things and gets used to the map. Sounds good.

Star light, star bright...

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Fyrce For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

The map is okay, not too hard and not too easy. Although, it would be better if we can get 2 or more fragments per run

Sent from my T1 7.0 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

anyway, devs said that the forgotten ruins is designed for all levels (devs claimed tested it on lvl 6 toon), so probably kt4 mobs/bosses count toward the quest is actually intended, since we can't access glinstone/underhul/graveyard with a lvl 6 toon.

my suggestion is of course to change what the npc said, about needing to farm / do the quests on these 3 maps/campaign

i bet the real restriction is actually level difference between you and mobs/boss, so another of my suggestion is to make use and update what is written already in our world map (level suggestion for each campaign), and add these information to tombs

or another way is to keep it as end-game content, and prioritize balancing difficulty on end game
    Last edited by extrapayah; 05-19-2017 at 04:05 AM.
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Anyone who has twinks should use it for the artifact run. I used my 27 and 28 tank and mage and it was so much easier compared to endgame. Only took me around 2~3min each run.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Using my voice set in the map and I find it's not too bad. What's horrible is the amount of tokens
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Kakashis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

This could be the start of the new season. At level 66 it might be done solo by everyone and every class.
    You want mana? Here have a BANANA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

So math shows right now that a player needs ~15k fragments (which is about 15k runs) to get arcane level artifact. There are some threads saying that the total should be dropped to around 1-2k fragments total. I believe that the total should be in between those numbers, maybe 7-8k. Lets face it 15k fragments is an ungodly amount, and someone said it would take 364 days playing 24/7 to farm that much with the current quest system. However, I feel that 1-2k is too low and easy. It feels like arcane artifacts are supposed to be like arcane rings (when they first came out) in that only a few elite players are supposed to have one at first(except arcane artifacts are farmable!!). Thoughts, opinions?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Loveshot View Post
    So math shows right now that a player needs ~15k fragments (which is about 15k runs) to get arcane level artifact. There are some threads saying that the total should be dropped to around 1-2k fragments total. I believe that the total should be in between those numbers, maybe 7-8k. Lets face it 15k fragments is an ungodly amount, and someone said it would take 364 days playing 24/7 to farm
    that much with the current quest system. However, I feel that 1-2k is too low and easy. It feels like arcane artifacts are supposed to be like arcane rings (when they first came out) in that only a few elite players are supposed to have one at first(except arcane artifacts are farmable!!). Thoughts, opinions?
    My thought is imma either go for legendary or myth artifacts thingy. 15k runs plus playing expansion and events is a tad too much for moi.

It's like the events, ppl want platinum tier but im happy with gold tier and free pet

Good luck to those who achieve it but just like crafting jewels the maths look too daunting.

My gameplay on most days is restricted to 1-2 hrs per day. RL is OP XD
    Last edited by Terminhater; 05-19-2017 at 10:18 AM.
    You want mana? Here have a BANANA

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Terminhater For This Useful Post: