I had an idea lately that personally I think might shape Pocket Legends for the near and coming future. To clear things up, I am not a marketing expert; I am merely just a player who've seen the earlier years of PL and the present state of PL. To be completely honest here, I have been enjoying the new updates and additions Cinco has been incorporating in the game. It is a treat for the generation of players like me who still play the game. However, it is not a step closer to bringing the game back to life. I do not know Spacetime's response to Pocket Legends, whether to completely revive it, keep it breathing, or sooner or later, put it down for good. If the circumstances lie on to completely revive it, then here is where my take steps in.

I: Pocket Legends Is Not Based for New Player Experience
What you're hearing about Pocket Legends losing its active player base is, unfortunately, true. It is losing players on one side of the spectrum and not recieving new players on the other side. Pocket Legends is quite frankly in the current state, not for new players. There is an awful lot of reasons for why this occurs which is followed up with a whole list of subreasons, but there is one who stems the whole issue. Let me introuce to you, Factor A: Contribution.

-IA: Contribution
Pocket Legends is reaching as if about 7 years old. At one point, it was to be discountinued by Spacetime Studios. No more updates, but the game was to be still up and running. We are lucky enough that Spacetime Studios heard our voices and resumed Pocket Legends updates. It started off as little festive updates and eventually steamrolled into new cap updates. Then, with the cap updates, came endgame items obtainable from platinum purchase. It was a large scaled step for Spacetime to incorporate these because 1) The items were easily 100's of USD to purchase as a whole set and 2) These items were tradable. This was a wall forced by Spacetime between devoted old players and players who were new to the game. It was pretty clear then to new players who were grinding it out, that if they wanted to have the best items (at the time), they needed to either drop a load of cash for platinum or they needed to drop 20-40m in gold, both of which, are extremely hard to get, especially in the shoes of a new player who might be even that devoted to the game. Over time, Pocket Legends became more platinum currency based than ever. The Platinum Store had its items racked up in price. More updates incorporated high amounts of Platinum for the full experience. New players do not want to drop 20 USD to purchase a platinum pack to PvP with. Those who were able to afford the endgame sets were usually old / devoted players. It is an old rule of class where the wealthier outranks and is better than the commoners, but the chain of updates where each time, the demand for the purchase of platinum is even greater is not helping at all. I understand that Spacetime Studios invests a great lot of money into the game to keep it up and going, but if this trend continues, the game will slowly decay. It is anti new generation, if I were to say so myself.

II: Not In Reverse, But Forward
Spacetime Studios, you're not going to bring back all the players who have quit with new and clunky updates. We, the community, are not going to forward Pocket Legends too long by begging for new updates either. By cutting down on the platinum prices of new items you are plannning to introduce, maybe even reintroducing the free platinum system, and making the game more lenient towards new players over focusing on content that will satisfy only the older population of players, I think the key for Pocket Legend's future will be discovered. However, bringing a game forward is a two-way street, and I am convinced that this was the piece we were missing all along. The duty of a community of people is to unite and improve what they stand for. As the Pocket Legends community, we can help improve our game by inviting our friends to play, making new content focus threads to further the game, and even making community creations. If Spacetime Studios only were to change in the way I mentioned earlier, without our support, the only result will be their loss of money. With the support, we can deliver a big "Thank You" to the ones who make our game "OUR" game, and in result, together, we will be able to transition Pocket Legends to the next stage, for the better.

I'd like to thank you for reading what I have to say about what I think about PL's future. Of course, not everyone can agree with what has to be said. Constructive criticism is always welcomed. Hopefully, if this thread was successful, it could maybe reach STS. Once again, thanks a whole lot.