Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Post Artifact and Casual fun seeking players

Sts idea and concept is nice..
    Recently game is changed from "Lucky to get drop" to "Get as much u worked"

I can't believe I wanna say : Bring back old "Lucky to get drop" system...
    This "Get as much worked" is Kill casual players or player who can't be free continuously for hours.

Artifacts are great , and things I noted are:

1) It takes 1000k mob kills for 1 run.
    It's not big deal if u have to kill 2k mobs in a day " killing 1k mobs/hour is far too much.."

2) it requires 310+310 ruins for crafting 1 arc artifact
    I.e. 25x620 fragments are required for 1 artifact
    If 1 fragment drops surely from boss (assuming from current reports may change in future)
    It will take 15,500 runs
    Now either pay 25 plats for a run or kill 1000 mobs ( 250 if u count in pt load sharing)
    So . 387500 plats or 3,875,000 personal mob kill for a arc artifact

3) clearly it will need years of farming else buy ruins
    If we expect 1k for 1 fragment cos of efforts required for 1 token
    It will cost 15m
    So again it's Undying orb's brother.

Please bring back old Lucky to get drop days and our old Arena

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gunlet For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

+1, this grinding makes game too boring for me, I didn't like mauso idea at all, but this artifact thing seems not so bad since you don't have to run useless maps for weeks to unlock useful maps+one doesn't need a farming party with all classes standby everytime they want to farm. It's only the amount of fragments and daily quests that need to be adjusted. That 3 tokens quest for 25 bosses is really annoying. Doing that everyday seems no fun at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

1k mobs an hour was easy. Lots of places to do this. Am I gonna do this 24 hours a day? Doubt it, but it adds a bit of interest to other thiings, so good job.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    936 Posts

Nothing will be better than the days where you can collect crates from the Jarl

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    go run mausoleum hope for massive twilight, scale or even a shard.
    It takes hour for maus runs if u r'nt on voice pt n many like me cant be free continuously for hour.
    */cough/* shard drop rate */ cough/*

Mausoleum is more like a job

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gunlet View Post
    clearly it will need years of farming
    This. This is my main gripe with the current way the system is implemented. I would rather not have the 1 hour cooldown between runs. Currently at 1 fragment per run you need 15,500 runs to get enough runes to craft up to arcane. It's a grind. At 1 run per hour that's 15,500 hours... or 646 days of farming. Obviously realistically we're going to have less than this amount of farming but the number is still in the several hundreds of in-game days of playtime.

I would much prefer the entrance for 'free' runs actually be free... unlimited entrance all day long every day - with the same 1 fragment reward we currently get. Let me run the map and I'll grind it - all 15,500 times. As it stands I log in, kill 1k mobs, logout and maybe come back in an hour. STS I want to play your game but you're not letting me without forking over my biweekly paycheck.

Well if the entrance is free, why pay platinum to enter?
    Simple - give plat players an actual incentive to use plat. Make it so that a platinum paid run guarantees 1 rune drop on the boss. Keep the price at 25 platinum. This way it's 25 plat + run time to get a rune. It's half the price of just buying a rune outright from the shop, but the player is investing gameplay time into farming it. This keeps the platinum payers ahead of non-platinum players while at the same time not limiting non-platinum players to twiddling their thumbs while they are waiting for a silly quest to recharge. I think it would be better for overall player retention as well.

Don't have money? Grind it out at 1/25 the speed of platinum spenders.
    Have money and want an advantage over non-plat players? Pay the 25 premium fee and guarantee yourself 1 rune at the end of the run.
    Have lots more money and hate even playing the game? Pay 50 platinum per rune (amortized cost) and instantly receive all the runes you need.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gunlet View Post
    clearly it will need years of farming
    This. This is my main gripe with the current way the system is implemented. I would rather not have the 1 hour cooldown between runs. Currently at 1 fragment per run you need 15,500 runs to get enough runes to craft up to arcane. It's a grind. At 1 run per hour that's 15,500 hours... or 646 days of farming. Obviously realistically we're going to have less than this amount of farming but the number is still in the several hundreds of in-game days of playtime.

I would much prefer the entrance for 'free' runs actually be free... unlimited entrance all day long every day - with the same 1 fragment reward we currently get. Let me run the map and I'll grind it - all 15,500 times. As it stands I log in, kill 1k mobs, logout and maybe come back in an hour. STS I want to play your game but you're not letting me without forking over my biweekly paycheck.

Simple - give plat players an actual incentive to use plat. Make it so that a platinum paid run guarantees 1 rune drop on the boss. Keep the price at 25 platinum. This way it's 25 plat + run time to get a rune. It's half the price of just buying a rune outright from the shop, but the player is investing gameplay time into farming it. This keeps the platinum payers ahead of non-platinum players while at the same time not limiting non-platinum players to twiddling their thumbs while they are waiting for a silly quest to recharge. I think it would be better for overall player retention as well.

Have money and want an advantage over non-plat players? Pay the 25 premium fee and guarantee yourself 1 rune at the end of the run.
    Have lots more money and hate even playing the game? Pay 50 platinum per rune (amortized cost) and instantly receive all the runes you need.
    Last edited by DarrenPR; 05-20-2017 at 12:11 AM.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DarrenPR For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenPR View Post

Furthermore I suggest that the one-hour quest gives you a way better drop rate in the next run.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    350 Posts

+1 #11chars

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    350 Posts

+1 #11chars double because of mod approval

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

+1 I totally agree with this, it is quite a struggle for players who can't play for extended periods of time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

+1
    My thoughts exactly
    Ty for this post
    76 Lethoiun 71 Hymns 58 Selfocracy
    "Even the smallest person can change the course of the future." J.R.R Tolkien