Quote Originally Posted by gunlet View Post
clearly it will need years of farming
This. This is my main gripe with the current way the system is implemented. I would rather not have the 1 hour cooldown between runs. Currently at 1 fragment per run you need 15,500 runs to get enough runes to craft up to arcane. It's a grind. At 1 run per hour that's 15,500 hours... or 646 days of farming. Obviously realistically we're going to have less than this amount of farming but the number is still in the several hundreds of in-game days of playtime.

I would much prefer the entrance for 'free' runs actually be free... unlimited entrance all day long every day - with the same 1 fragment reward we currently get. Let me run the map and I'll grind it - all 15,500 times. As it stands I log in, kill 1k mobs, logout and maybe come back in an hour. STS I want to play your game but you're not letting me without forking over my biweekly paycheck.

Well if the entrance is free, why pay platinum to enter?
Simple - give plat players an actual incentive to use plat. Make it so that a platinum paid run guarantees 1 rune drop on the boss. Keep the price at 25 platinum. This way it's 25 plat + run time to get a rune. It's half the price of just buying a rune outright from the shop, but the player is investing gameplay time into farming it. This keeps the platinum payers ahead of non-platinum players while at the same time not limiting non-platinum players to twiddling their thumbs while they are waiting for a silly quest to recharge. I think it would be better for overall player retention as well.

Don't have money? Grind it out at 1/25 the speed of platinum spenders.
Have money and want an advantage over non-plat players? Pay the 25 premium fee and guarantee yourself 1 rune at the end of the run.
Have lots more money and hate even playing the game? Pay 50 platinum per rune (amortized cost) and instantly receive all the runes you need.