Thread: Star Legends Halloween Haiku Contest!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Default Star Legends Halloween Haiku Contest!

Name:  ninja-ghost-icon.png
Views: 1684
Size:  40.1 KBStar Legends Halloween Haiku ContestName:  Halloween-Pumpkin-icon.png
Views: 2384
Size:  73.3 KB

Need to cooldown and recharge your rage battery from killing so many space pirates, angry aliens, and short circuiting robots? Dying to unleash the inner poet within you? Well here's your opportunity!

Welcome to the first annual Star Legends Halloween Haiku Contest! If you're interested in participating please read on for the rules, how to submit your entry, and potential prizes up for grabs. The Star Legends Halloween Haiku Contest is pretty simple. First and foremost, what exactly is a haiku?

hai·ku ( P ) Pronunciation Key (hk) n. pl. haiku, also hai·kus

A Japanese lyric verse form having three unrhymed lines of five, seven, and five syllables, traditionally invoking an aspect of nature or the seasons. A poem written in this form.
    Examples:
    Those crazed Commandos
    Always charging into tank
    SPLAT No Engineer

My Operative
    Destroyer of aliens
    Likes to eat candy!

See? Not too hard: 5 syllables, 7 syllables, 5 syllables on 3 unrhymed lines.

The Rules

1) You must abide by the Spacetime Studios Terms of Service.

2) You must be registered on the Spacetime Studios Forums to participate. All entries will be posted in this thread.

3) Only one entry per account. Each person is allowed to submit two haikus but they must be included within the same post.

4) The haiku should be about Star Legends. It also should be themed around Halloween (Death, Ghosts, Candy, etc.) The tone you set is up to you, comedic, sad, angry, etc. Have fun with it and be creative!

5) Keep the haikus clean please, this contest is intended for the whole community, the young and the elderly =D

6) The contest deadline is Monday, October 31st at Midnight EST

How To Submit Your Entry

Please include your main IGN name
    (Optional) If you'd like to represent your guild, please post it under your IGN. Will be for possible winning purposes. (Ex: Congratulations to "IGN" of "guild" for taking Xth place.)

HAIKU #1

HAIKU #2

Example:
    Rodvik
    Knights of Cydonia (Optional)

Those crazed Commandos
    Always charging into tank
    SPLAT No Engineer

My Operative
    Destroyer of aliens
    Likes to eat candy

The Prizes

First Place: 55,000 credits and 40 Platinum

Second Place: 35,000 credits and 30 Platinum

Third Place: 25,000 credits and 20 Platinum

Fourth Place: 15,000 credits and 10 Platinum

That's about it! Be sure to have your entries posted before 11:59 EST on Monday, October 31st. Once all entries are in the judges will pick their four favorites. Results may take up to a week prior to the contest ending to be determined. I and the other possible judges unfortunately have to work..lol

Thanks! And may the best poet win!
    -Rodvik

Judges: Myself, CanonicalKoi, Ebalere

P.S. - I am funding this competition with my own credits. If anyone is kind enough to donate to the competition please private message me on the forums or reach me in game. The prize amount is subject to change (go up) if I get a reasonable amount of donations. If a vanity is donated it will be added as the first place prize and the first place credit winnings will be reduced to increase the 2nd through 4th place finisher prizes.

EDIT: Prizes Updated: Thank You to the STS Dev Team for their grateful donation!
    EDIT: Prizes Updated: Thank You to CanonicalKoi for their grateful donation!
    EDIT: Prizes Updated: Thank You to Ebalere for their grateful donation!

EDIT: Added Judges
    Last edited by Rodvik; 10-14-2011 at 11:32 AM.

Rodvik - 40 Engineer - Guy on the Couch in Infinite Union
    Fouroneone - Pay It Forward

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Rodvik For This Useful Post: