Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lets discuss Nilbog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Default Lets discuss Nilbog

This season is almost into its 8th months and I am am still amazed by how many players do not own or know how useful nilbog is. Many are misinformed about his aa.

Nilbog aa has two affects.

His pool that slows and damages enemies. The other part of nilbogs aa, that it removes debuffs such as stuns ((even from the stunning circles of the cursed cpt. )) roots/cocoons, snares, and gives 5 immunity against d.o.t. including mage's curse. Players do not need to stand in his aa pools to receive debuffs or the 5 second immunity against curse.

When using nilbog, keep him in range to receive the full effects of his aa, if he is too far back players will miss the 5 sec immunity . His aa does stack, and is compatible with glowstik. In mobs with multiple mages, as soon as you see glowstiks shield drop off of players use nilbog's aa.

I use nilbog's aa in nekro.

Enjoy maus maps with less cursing deaths
    Last edited by Avaree; 05-22-2017 at 06:46 PM.
    Avy
    12-2012

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

You're right. (info is correct, people, use nilbog aa, especially in mau. slot nilbog in aa (arcane ability).)
    But maybe the Big majority of the players are not forum readers; or maybe only read a little. And I suppose, many average players are not in the top(most informative) guilds, to be informed by the fellow guildies; or just don't listen them. (At least these are my impressions.)
    PS: this post of mine is not very constructive i feel, but i don't know what can be done about this, unfortunately. (Info Availability is something i care about, a lot.)
    Last edited by voidPtr; 05-22-2017 at 06:49 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Hell yeah! I used to use nilbog back in the day before I had no good pets or gold, I think (not sure) but it removed people's nekro shield, I'd be killed all the time by nekro users but the pool would often kill them after haha

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

So nilbog aa can remove nekro glow snappy and scorch shields?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

It can not remove a sheild. It can remove many debuffs that are bothersome at twink levels such as curse or will remove DoT aspects.
    Last edited by Cool1t; 05-23-2017 at 01:31 PM.
    NO RECIPE NO MONEY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

I have been testing Nilbog's aa and informing people frequently that the 5 second immunity to debuffs does not work.

From my testing, I have found that it does not matter how close you are to the pool upon it's aa casting, you do receive immunity but how long the immunity lasts is a whole different story. I've found that no matter how close the pool is casted to or on me, the debuff immunity lasts different times each aa. Some of these proved to range for merely less than one second to a few seconds. So I do find the description of Nilbog's aa to be invalid.
    Last edited by Abuze; 05-23-2017 at 12:04 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I tried to use nilbog's AA in twink and it does not work. I still get stunned even when I cast it right beside or me standing in the pool. It does remove debuffs when cast however, with toxy in every twink clash, you'll just get stunned right after.

And yes, the 5 secs doesn't feel like 5 secs.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Form nilbog's aa description: "...removes debuffs and gives DOT immunity for 5 seconds".
    Stun is not a debuff (i think). So nilbog's aa does not protect from stun. And even if stun IS debuff, aa would remove it at the moment of application, but stun is not DOT, so aa cannot give immunity to stun, even then. Avaree writes that aa protects from "stunning circles", which should be right, cause "the circles" should be DOT, i think. I'm certain aa protects from the circles(pools) of Krax and Arcana.
    Shields are not a debuff, nor DOT. So nilbog's aa does not remove any shields, have nothing to do with shields.
    If dot immunity(curse protection) isn't 5 seconds long - then this is a bug and should be fixed. I personally cannot say, is it or not exactly 5 seconds, each time.
    PS: I'll correct myself: I think, nilbog's AA frees me when i'm frozen or stunned, so maybe freeze and stun Are debuffs. But they are not DOT, you are only freed once, but you don't have immunity for 5 seconds.
    Last edited by voidPtr; 05-23-2017 at 02:08 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

@Abuse, reading your post again, i see you talk about "debuff immunity".
    nilbog's aa does not provide "debuff immunity" at all - it just removes debuffs (like armor debuff, damage debuff,...) on moment of application of aa. But on the next second you can be debuffed again.
    nilbog's aa provides "DOT immunity". (DOT stands for "damage of terrain", if i recall right.) Curse is classified as DOT, a dev explained. Other examples of DOT would be damages that have some "area" (on the ground), like webs, circles, pools, and similar.
    So maybe the DOT immunity IS 5 seconds, each time. BTW, aa protects from curse and similar All players (that are not too far), not only you. And yes, you DON'T need to stand in nilbog's green pool to receive the DOT immunity, you just not be too far from the pet at the moment of aa application (at the first moment) - you can move if you want.
    PS Again , I need to be corrected: DOT=damage over time. thx, Avikk
    Last edited by voidPtr; 05-23-2017 at 02:49 PM. Reason: second post to avoid possible "moderation bot" cencorship

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

DoT is "Damage over Time". Any effect that causes damage over time, ie, poison, curse and so on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voidPtr View Post
    nilbog's aa does not provide "debuff immunity" at all - it just removes debuffs (like armor debuff, damage debuff,...) on moment of application of aa. But on the next second you can be debuffed again.
    nilbog's aa provides "DOT immunity". (DOT stands for "damage of terrain", if i recall right.) Curse is classified as DOT, a dev explained. Other examples of DOT would be damages that have some "area" (on the ground), like webs, circles, pools, and similar.
    So maybe the DOT immunity IS 5 seconds, each time. BTW, aa protects from curse and similar All players (that are not too far), not only you. And yes, you DON'T need to stand in nilbog's green pool to receive the DOT immunity, you just not be too far from the pet at the moment of aa application (at the first moment) - you can move if you want.
    Perhaps you don't know what Nilbog's AA does. If you say that it doesn't remove stuns please go to any nordr map with ice pools.
    I've been using Nilbog's AA to avoid dying from curse since the start. There's a big difference in Nilbog's AA efficiency before and now. As I said the immunity duration is different each time, which clearly is a bug. With at least one Glowstick you won't notice how short the immunity of Nilbog really is, but try to do runs with only Nilbog's AA for avoiding curse deaths. Some even say that the immunity got reduced to promote Glowstick, if this is true or I can't say of course. I would like to ask the Devs to thoroughly test Nilbog's debuff and dot immunity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Well said

I would also like to add, if players use upgrades in their skills that give d.o.t. (damage over time) like bleed or poison, and they use that skill, and then are cursed, 9/10 of the time nothing will save that player. Always best to use nilbog or glows aa when you see the mage is aggro'd.
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Well said Void.

@ Abuze and Pema if you use skills that have damage over time (d.o.t.) upgrades like bleed or poison, makes a difference too. If I am pulling, I try to use my nils aa as soon as i see the mage is aggro'd. I have some great people I run with, and normally curses isnt an issue.
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Yeah, nilbog aa saves me alot in mauso, 1 question, nilbog aa stack to another nil?

*nilbog is goblin spell backward

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by codered View Post
    Yeah, nilbog aa saves me alot in mauso, 1 question, nilbog aa stack to another nil?

*nilbog is goblin spell backward
    Yes it does, no cool down between aa's.
    Avy
    12-2012

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts

so many rich and pro ppl here... teach me how to play pleaZZZ

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts

i own many lifes to that lil piggie,the relief from avoiding a curse feels really good.
    an alxe

19. The Following User Says Thank You to alxe For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Form nilbog's aa description: "...removes debuffs and gives DOT immunity for 5 seconds".
    Stun is not a debuff (i think). So nilbog's aa does not protect from stun. And even if stun IS debuff, aa would remove it at the moment of application, but stun is not DOT, so aa cannot give immunity to stun, even then. Avaree writes that aa protects from "stunning circles", which should be right, cause "the circles" should be DOT, i think. I'm certain aa protects from the circles(pools) of Krax and Arcana.
    Shields are not a debuff, nor DOT. So nilbog's aa does not remove any shields, have nothing to do with shields.
    If dot immunity(curse protection) isn't 5 seconds long - then this is a bug and should be fixed. I personally cannot say, is it or not exactly 5 seconds, each time.
    PS: I'll correct myself: I think, nilbog's AA frees me when i'm frozen or stunned, so maybe freeze and stun Are debuffs. But they are not DOT, you are only freed once, but you don't have immunity for 5 seconds.

Yea so my post got blocked lol, so just retyping what I memorize of it.

Perhaps you don't know what Nilbog's AA does. If you're saying that Nilbog's AA doesn't remove stuns then you really don't know what its AA does.
    Stuns are in the same category as debuffs. If you want to test this go to any Nordr map and stand in an ice pool. Nil's AA will remove you're debuff aka freeze stun.
    "Removes debuffs from allies and gives dot immunity for 5 seconds." if the 5 seconds immunity only worked for the dot then it would be: "Removes debuffs from allies, gives dot immunity for 5 seconds."
    The issue with Nil's AA is that the immunity duration isn't always 5 seconds. Sometimes it's less, other times it's way less. I've been using Nil's AA to avoid curse deaths since the start of this expansion. And more players notice the 'nerf' in its immunity duration as well.
    Some people even say that Nil's dot immunity duration got 'nerfed' to promote Glowstick's AA.
    If a dev or mod is reading this i'd really appreciate it if you guys test this out thoroughly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Yea so my post got blocked lol, so just retyping what I memorize of it.

Perhaps you don't know what Nilbog's AA does. If you're saying that Nilbog's AA doesn't remove stuns then you really don't know what its AA does.
    Stuns are in the same category as debuffs. If you want to test this go to any Nordr map and stand in an ice pool. Nil's AA will remove you're debuff aka freeze stun.
    "Removes debuffs from allies and gives dot immunity for 5 seconds." if the 5 seconds immunity only worked for the dot then it would be: "Removes debuffs from allies, gives dot immunity for 5 seconds."
    The issue with Nil's AA is that the immunity duration isn't always 5 seconds. Sometimes it's less, other times it's way less. I've been using Nil's AA to avoid curse deaths since the start of this expansion. And more players notice the 'nerf' in its immunity duration as well.
    Some people even say that Nil's dot immunity duration got 'nerfed' to promote Glowstick's AA.
    If a dev or mod is reading this i'd really appreciate it if you guys test this out thoroughly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    Well said Void.

@ Abuze and Pema if you use skills that have damage over time (d.o.t.) upgrades like bleed or poison, makes a difference too. If I am pulling, I try to use my nils aa as soon as i see the mage is aggro'd. I have some great people I run with, and normally curses isnt an issue.

Stuns are in the same category as debuffs. If you want to test this go to any Nordr map and stand in an ice pool. Nil's AA will remove your debuff - freeze.

"Removes debuffs from allies and gives dot immunity for 5 seconds." if the 5 seconds immunity only worked for the dot then it would be: "Removes debuffs from allies, gives dot immunity for 5 seconds." The reason this isn't typed like this, is because it's not true to it's description. The AA of this pet used to cast a full 5 seconds immunity but does so no longer. this is why it's considered a bug.

For those who claim that stun isn't a debuff please look at Misty's AA.
    Name:  18742490_433482933675702_760433871_o.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  124.3 KB
    Last edited by Abuze; 05-24-2017 at 04:18 PM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Abuze For This Useful Post: