Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lets discuss Nilbog

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voidPtr View Post
    ...PS: I'll correct myself: I think, nilbog's AA frees me when i'm frozen or stunned, so maybe freeze and stun Are debuffs. But they are not DOT, you are only freed once, but you don't have immunity for 5 seconds.
    I remembered that nilbog's AA frees me from stun, a Little AFTER i wrote my first post, so i CORRECTED myself, so i know stun is considered debuff. (I forgot for a moment, after that corrected my info.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abuze View Post
    Perhaps you don't know what Nilbog's AA does...; ...look at Misty's AA
    Perhaps you don't Read what Nilbog's AA does. If you think that i don't know about nilbog/misty, and the difference between removing and immunity - look at these posts, from 2016.
    You can use Nilbog's AA BEFORE you start attacking the curse mage - after that the whole party has 5 sec immunity to DOT - meaning you all have 5 seconds to kill him, not worrying about curse.
    I usually play with pugs and usually am the only one who makes the light green puddles. If there was one more with nillbog's AA - well, then we would have something like 10 secs to kill the mage, while he's unable to curse us.
    Well ofcourse glowstik is better than nilbog . Both have the DOT immunity (nilb - 5 sec, glow - 6 sec if the shield doesn't break), but glowstik has a LOT more, additionally, in its AA. But to prevent curse from mages, nilbog is the second useful pet, imo, there's no other pet with dot immunity other than these two, afaik.
    About Symia's AA - No, not exactly. You remove curse on AA's application but on the next second you can be cursed again. Party DOT immunity for several seconds means noone will be cursed for several seconds. There are (maybe) other pets too that can only remove the curse, but that's not that good as immunity. Other pets that 'may' remove curse: kris&kringle, misty - i haven't checked them.
    About Lucky (mentioned by Avaree) - it 'knocks back and snares' the opponent for 5 sec - if this protects from curse for 5 sec (i haven't checked), then it will be as good as dot immunity - which would be good. BTW, Porkchop 'snares' for 5 sec, not sure if this would protect you...
    So i personally understood since back then in 2016, nilbog's AA "removes debuffs and gives DOT immunity", the way that i (and avaree) describe it: that the nilbog's aa FIRST [removes debuffs(like stun/snare/bleed...)] AND AFTER THAT [gives DOT immunity(only DOT)].
    The descriptions are not sts's "strong side" i agree (, i've complained in other threads about pet's descriptions, that they should be more informative,complete and more clearly written). So no bug for me, i understood it. but Yes, Better, More Full and More Clear descriptions, Would Help.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to voidPtr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

I remembered that nilbog's AA frees me from stun, a Little AFTER i wrote my first post, so i CORRECTED myself, so i know stun is considered debuff. (I forgot for a moment, after that corrected my info.)

Perhaps you don't Read what Nilbog's AA does. If you think that i don't know about nilbog/misty, and the difference between removing and immunity - look at these posts, from 2016.

So i personally understood since back then in 2016, nilbog's AA "removes debuffs and gives DOT immunity", the way that i (and avaree) describe it: that the nilbog's aa FIRST [removes debuffs(like stun/snare/bleed...)] AND AFTER THAT [gives DOT immunity(only DOT)].
    The descriptions are not sts's "strong side" i agree (, i've complained in other threads about pet's descriptions, that they should be more informative,complete and more clearly written). So no bug for me, i understood it. but Yes, Better, More Full and More Clear descriptions, Would Help.

You saved me a ton of typing ty ..
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Don't you just love how ignorant people can be? They know that they're wrong but they'll do anything to try to keep their opinion on top
    If you claim that the immunity only works for dot, please go to soutern gates, get yourself stunned and see how you won't be stunned again fot a cpl seconds even if beetle does it's charged attack that is supposed to stun you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

I just love how ignorant people can be. Did you even test this properly? I wouldn't say things without knowing 100% sure.
    I guess some people just want to keep their image good even if it means saying things without actually knowing.

Oke so first you claim that debuff and stuns are two different things completely which is false. As I've shown.
    Now you claim that the immunity only works for the dot and not debuff(stuns included )?
    I already gave an example of how Nil's AA gives immunity against the frozen pools in Nordr. Is this not enough proof for you?
    Oke if it's not please go see for yourself at Southern Gates. Use the aa before walking into beetles and look how even after 1s you'll still have the debuff immunity.
    Cheers
    Last edited by Abuze; 05-26-2017 at 09:31 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

you claim that debuff and stuns are two different things completely which is false.
    no, i don't claim that. you claim that i claim thing that i don't claim. read again posts.
    Nil's AA gives immunity against the frozen pools in Nordr
    yes, aa works. they are DOT.
    AARGHH, <swearword>, I'll have to Correct Myself Again (it's becoming ridiculous, these Corrections of mine):
    No, aa Doesn't works, Nil's AA Doesn't gives immunity against the frozen pools in Nordr. It just frees me from the freeze (in Oltgar Keep), but next second i can be frozen again (i just retested). So no immunity. And so frozen pools in Nordr are Not DOT.
    Use the aa before walking into beetles and look how even after 1s you'll still have the debuff immunity.
    no, you don't have Stun immunity. I just retested it again in Southern Gates for you. Beetles stun after 1s. There's no such thing as "debuff immunity" in nilbog's aa. read again description.

Devs, can someone explain this (so everyone can see)? And do you agree that we need better descriptions?
    (cause this thread became something that shouldn't have been. no need.)

PS: BTW, i generally like(agree) your posts, Abuze. Just think you're not right here. What i have to say, when i think you're not right here? To say "you right"?
    And BTW again, you my guild. I don't enjoy arguing you.
    Last edited by voidPtr; 05-26-2017 at 01:19 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to voidPtr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

All these people fighting over Nilbog while the best pet is Timber smh

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Moyser For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Those who know about Nil's AA know how much of a fool you made yourself. Wish you the best of luck with your ignorance.

People don't want the hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed.
    -someone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

I think that quote is KairiHeart's

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Those who know about Nil's AA know how much of a fool you made yourself. Wish you the best of luck with your ignorance.

People don't want the hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed.
    -someone
    I don't see anything foolish on stating how useful nilbog's aa is. Bottom line is, nilbog's aa does remove stun, freeze, snare, root, curse, slow effect and gives players 5 secs of immunity against dot.
    Very similar to the upgrade spinning freedom with the skill "razor shield", only difference is spinning freedom don't remove curse, or give immunity against curse.
    Avy
    12-2012