Thread: Suggestion on Mages

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Default Suggestion on Mages

If anyone has played an endgame mage recently in pvp you know the struggle and the frustration of sheild breaking or getting 1 hit through sheild (I'm near max gear it's not my gear) but I'm not here to complain about that I'm asking for mages to be put in a better support role then they are now. I have a couple suggestions on how we could make mages play the role of support much better. I think and I'm sure a lot of mages can agree with me that the dragon staff is one of the best weapons ever created in pve and pvp. I would like for it's charged attack to become a skill. (maybe replace curse?) the skill would have to be changed slightly but basically it does aoe damage protects your teammates and gives them a slight buff. If this could be implemented it could make having a mage a big deal to support rogues. Yes I know you can just use the staff but that's not really what I want I would like mages to play better into a class they are supposed to be. Again I'm not asking for a whole change to the mage class just to replace a skill (curse) which isn't all that used other then for twinks. With the addition of a skill like that of the dragon proc it would add an aspect to mages that would promote their use as a buffer (if that's a word) or support. I'm not asking for more damage or sheild to bring mages up to 1v1 rogues. Mages just aren't supposed to do that we are supposed to be supports and if you want to be tanky play a war or want to do damage play a rogue.

Ps-I'm sorry if I rambled a little bit but this has been on my mind a lot and is a bit hard to explain
    NO RECIPE NO MONEY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

I feel like if mages shield could not get critted then we would be fine.i mean a mages shiled is magic energy! how can u crit magic energy xp.

Also mages curse skill is no good in endgame because it doesnt do much dmg. If anything its used to waste the opposite teams glowstiks.i bet if the skill casted a few cloud procs like that glintstone staff(my fav look proc tbh xD),which move around the field for a few secs, now that would help this skill become a tad more useful.another thing is i wish curse had the constant dot like somberbolt mages curse have.ofc not as extreme damage but the constant dot tic.

I have so many ideas for mage skill enhancements hehe. I could go on nd on xD!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Spell For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Nah I agree! Maybe not rid of curse as I've seen it used in GB a lot lately.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Well its a bad feeling when u have pro mage gear and still get killed by nab rogues but its fine for me, I see it as a challenge

Gesendet von meinem SM-A510F mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

My main is a mage with almost all trash gear except my speed set i use my rogues (I love her <3), and i dont have any major trouble in pvp and almost zero in pve. I die sometimes and i kill sometimes. You might wanna change up your pvp strategy, if your finding yourself getting owned with near max gear/shield being broken. As for making the dragons staff proc a skill, (I would love to see that happen *-* ), that might not seem like a big game changer, but it is. Adding a new skill would change things up by a large degree. Not to mention all the time and resources it would take to fully incorporate it into the game without it damaging the other two classes. Just my two cents on this
    #Bluelivesmatter #StopTrashTreads2017 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF5...BTc_Pp4oWa2kwQ

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolaty View Post
    My main is a mage with almost all trash gear except my speed set i use my rogues (I love her <3), and i dont have any major trouble in pvp and almost zero in pve. I die sometimes and i kill sometimes. You might wanna change up your pvp strategy, if your finding yourself getting owned with near max gear/shield being broken. As for making the dragons staff proc a skill, (I would love to see that happen *-* ), that might not seem like a big game changer, but it is. Adding a new skill would change things up by a large degree. Not to mention all the time and resources it would take to fully incorporate it into the game without it damaging the other two classes. Just my two cents on this
    It definitely would change up the play for all classes but i believe that it would push it in the right direction.
    NO RECIPE NO MONEY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts

Imagine mage stacking then lol

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_Z00AD mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by intizamfamily888 View Post
    Imagine mage stacking then lol

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_Z00AD mit Tapatalk
    Couldnt stack mages just because of a skill like this and as I recall the dragon staff has a limit to the amount of pools you can stack.
    NO RECIPE NO MONEY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts

well im a maus mage, i run around with dragon/hex staff..mages are already super popoular becuase of these weapons if you gonna take the proc of dragon staff and add it as a normal ablity u gonna make mage so much stronger that other classes will barley get to run..excpet u might crash the market becuase the weapon wont be as useful for its charged proc. and im sure sts will have to change ablities in other classes aswell if they let this one pass up..idk abt pvp,but pve is fine the way it is.
    an alxe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alxe View Post
    well im a maus mage, i run around with dragon/hex staff..mages are already super popoular becuase of these weapons if you gonna take the proc of dragon staff and add it as a normal ablity u gonna make mage so much stronger that other classes will barley get to run..excpet u might crash the market becuase the weapon wont be as useful for its charged proc. and im sure sts will have to change ablities in other classes aswell if they let this one pass up..idk abt pvp,but pve is fine the way it is.
    I would like to point out that it is used for its other proc on uncharged In Maus and this skill would require you to play as a team for it to work

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cool1t View Post
    I would like to point out that it is used for its other proc on uncharged In Maus and this skill would require you to play as a team for it to work
    Yes but i find the charged proc quite helpful,keeping it up will help you survive most redzones(i got about 8k hp and i survive with abt 28% HP..and no im not a full str mage). True you would need to work like a team for it but thats like every run if you dont go with randoms aka PUGS so you'll just make mages much stronger,even tho id like to see mage getting some love i think changing an entier ablity is a big deal

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
    an alxe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Sumberholt is already a mage map.. rouges are almost unwanted for maus runs.. people want 3 mage 1 war..
    If u powerup mages then u have to powerup other classes too..
    And imagine imbalanced which will occurs in powering Rouges...
    Rouges are balanced right now, they r waiting for new expansion expecting it will be more favourable to them..
    Powering dosent seems a good idea

#Rougelegends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

i only like to run with rogues if they uses "trap" properly and dragon daggers, sadly to say even some do use trap they place it wrong place and doesn't even pull the mobs in.

Somberholt is not a mage map exclusively just that this map have large cluster of mobs and mage weapon deal better with it in AOE Damage and skills stuns like timeshift.

Other class can do the same if well played by the players, warrior dragon swords stuns too and the other weapons deal alot AOE damage as well, they can taunt the mobs and help killing the aggro mobs.
    Last edited by will0; 05-25-2017 at 01:48 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gunlet View Post
    Sumberholt is already a mage map.. rouges are almost unwanted for maus runs.. people want 3 mage 1 war..
    If u powerup mages then u have to powerup other classes too..
    And imagine imbalanced which will occurs in powering Rouges...
    Rouges are balanced right now, they r waiting for new expansion expecting it will be more favourable to them..
    Powering dosent seems a good idea

#Rougelegends
    This wouldn't power mages because u need other people in the party to make the buff worth it to use as a skill
    NO RECIPE NO MONEY

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

-1 mages don't need a new skill become op in PvP they good as is. The problem is the Shield breaks too easily ;-;

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by You Mad Or Nah View Post
    -1 mages don't need a new skill become op in PvP they good as is. The problem is the Shield breaks too easily ;-;
    If you read through my thread I said to replace a damage skill curse with a support type skill which would allow mages to be useful without a proc in maus and useful as a support in pvp

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cool1t View Post
    If you read through my thread I said to replace a damage skill curse with a support type skill which would allow mages to be useful without a proc in maus and useful as a support in pvp
    Changing one skill on mage will lead for every other class complaining that they need a new "skill" also or it won't be fair as they would say. Whats so bad about using procs to run maus? Js

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by You Mad Or Nah View Post
    Changing one skill on mage will lead for every other class complaining that they need a new "skill" also or it won't be fair as they would say. Whats so bad about using procs to run maus? Js
    Because of these procs mages can't be balanced well with other classes because it makes them godlike in pvp but not needed in pvp mostly and with these procs not able to work in pvp which they shouldn't it makes the balance hard
    NO RECIPE NO MONEY