Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Something to look forward to alongside daily and hourly rune farming?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    So what are your favorite old weapons and armors that you might like to see "refreshed"?
    Demonlord, charward rod, firesquid, flamestrike

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Beside demonlords, maybe old Betrayer/Fallen/Forerunner sets from season 1?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Perceval View Post
    Look at the responses on the thread.

1). No one else seems to share your 'personal opinion' about the vanities.

2). The expansion is coming as we have been told and have no right to demand it comes when we desire.

3). Mausoleum is still a great place to make gold, so many players will disagree with you.

What's stopping you from making your own thread to rant about the game dying?

Hey Perceval,

I actually agree with Tipsy's post alongside with a bunch of other players. The problem is that most players gave up on posting on the forum because of the fact that every bit of criticism ends up being under moderation or simply deleted. I guess thats the reason why none of the people who actually have some of these exclusive vanities managed to give their opinion in this thread.

Anyway, we will be fine :-) and I hope you get those vanities man. If this thread is the solution to get people playing more activily again then I can only support it. We got to look good for the next Gaunlet, 2x orc tags etc events after all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
    What about a green version xD

Attachment 161431
    Ew ugly af...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I liked the nordr jewel staff a lot. This as a vanity wep I would really like

Junior Member Tsiguchi Nonshantero's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Wrath of Bael.

I would love to see that weapon* as Vanity.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tsiguchi Nonshantero For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    By refreshed, do you mean bring back? I would just create a recipe to allow existing items to be converted to vanity
    ofc you would suggest that, make the rich even richer
    I'd rather wanna see rare vanities that can drop from bosses and i really want only very very few to drop so the price is high and the vanity has some value! not as these vanities in boogie bags, that go for like 5k

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Behoove View Post
    I'd rather wanna see rare vanities that can drop from bosses and i really want only very very few to drop so the price is high and the vanity has some value! not as these vanities in boogie bags, that go for like 5k
    Yep like super smelly helm from jarl event.

"An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, evil for evil"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Behoove View Post
    I actually don't have any rare vanities but I do care about preserving the value the vanities that people took the time and effort to earn.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slekki View Post
    Hey Perceval,

I actually agree with Tipsy's post alongside with a bunch of other players. The problem is that most players gave up on posting on the forum because of the fact that every bit of criticism ends up being under moderation or simply deleted. I guess thats the reason why none of the people who actually have some of these exclusive vanities managed to give their opinion in this thread.

Anyway, we will be fine :-) and I hope you get those vanities man. If this thread is the solution to get people playing more activily again then I can only support it. We got to look good for the next Gaunlet, 2x orc tags etc events after all.
    Justg clearly stated "old armors" and "weapons". Not vanities. Even so, that addition is completely up to STG.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Can you make Evil King Egric's sword available? I dunno, it looks pretty awesome

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

I love the look of the old epic/rare rogue gears that were gold/yellow- there was a hood like undead rogue style. can't remember the armor name, the helms had names like rhino cap of might, or something like that? Simple but I loved it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

I actually don't have any rare vanities but I do care about preserving the value the vanities that people took the time and effort to earn.
    Bro don't u think people who took the time and effort to get them from events and lb etc already enjoyed them for years? Please don't count purchased vanities cos it will be counted as investment like arc weps and sets..

There are vanities which we saw only on old senior players like ur orange jester on u and baristaan n few others.
    Only Senior players and bad banned marchers had them and many senior are no longer active.
    Or you want to keep preserving them like Nightshade was preserved to only lb players?

Someone played a event in getting of game and wanted rewards exclusively labeled for themselves forever doesn't sounds words of winners..

And A big NO for vanity thief:P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

heraldics for sure will become the best vanities ever i would like to see black heraldic vanities

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Default Something to look forward to alongside daily and hourly rune farming?

Thanks!

As a collector with 100++ old armors, helms, weapons, and a few of the non tradable old items (Elite Journeyman, Veteran's 3rd back vanities, etc) it makes a very big difference to me if everyone would be able to walk around in some of the sets I have worked very hard to get. It took me years to find some of the sets I currently have; In my opinion it would be a pity to make them available to everyone. Not because it would make the worthless, but it would ruin the exclusiveness from the sets. (Reason for not caring about price: none of my items are/will be for sale).
    Imagine all people wearing medusa, ice spirit, Frankenstein, Golem, etc.. it would be the new boogie bag vanities.. it would be a pity as I see it. And it would still be the case if they were available in the store for 200 plat or something, because it would CHANGE THE AMOUNT OF THE OLD ORIGINAL ITEMS which there only are limited amounts left of.

However making recipes to craft the existing items into vanities, is better than releasing some of the old armors as vanities.

Releasing recolored armors is completely fine with me; like the red jester and the original jester armors, because it looks similar without being the exact same and people can clearly see the difference.

So I don't want to see my own and others hard work in obtaining these items vanish like sand in our hands.

Just the voice of a rare species in Arlor "The Collector".

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DK; 06-02-2017 at 07:50 AM.
    Collector of items for all classes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Some popular games have a system where you can turn any type of equipment into a vanity by spending currency,
    Would it be possible for a mod to tell us whether such a system would be possible in AL as well?
    In the games I know like Path of Exile, this system generates a lot of money for the producers as well,
    given the popularity of many beautiful sets that can't be enjoyed in pve&pvp under normal circumstances.

Sig made by Baron! check out his work here: https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...ron-Sig-Thread

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ent For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DK View Post
    Thanks!

As a collector with 100++ old armors, helms, weapons, and a few of the non tradable old items (Elite Journeyman, Veteran's 3rd back vanities, etc) it makes a very big difference to me if everyone would be able to walk around in some of the sets I have worked very hard to get. It took me years to find some of the sets I currently have; In my opinion it would be a pity to make them available to everyone. Not because it would make the worthless, but it would ruin the exclusiveness from the sets. (Reason for not caring about price: none of my items are/will be for sale).
    Imagine all people wearing medusa, ice spirit, Frankenstein, Golem, etc.. it would be the new boogie bag vanities.. it would be a pity as I see it. And it would still be the case if they were available in the store for 200 plat or something, because it would CHANGE THE AMOUNT OF THE OLD ORIGINAL ITEMS which there only are limited amounts left of.

However making recipes to craft the existing items into vanities, is better than releasing some of the old armors as vanities.

Releasing recolored armors is completely fine with me; like the red jester and the original jester armors, because it looks similar without being the exact same and people can clearly see the difference.

So I don't want to see my own and others hard work in obtaining these items vanish like sand in our hands.

Just the voice of a rare species in Arlor "The Collector".

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1). These are old armours originally used to make progress in the game and not leader board vanities so its not the same as everyone wearing "medusa, ice spirit, Frankenstein, Golem, etc".

2). "Making recipes to craft the existing items into vanities" is just your way of asking for free gold from the developers i.e. asking them to inject artificial value into your collection (something they have stated they do not do; hence the old weapons chosen by the AL community converted to vanities being sold for 1,000 platinum each and not just having the originals converted by a recipe alone as the mandatory option).

3). We are asking for the originals that we love. And no, its not the same as asking for the original jester vanities because anyone who played during season 1-5 could log in after 10 years and have such a collection (which wasn't earned as most were just mob drops of no value - like those smelly plates you liquidate while in PvE maps today to free up inventory space), therefore you are only one case.

4). I bought a shady and surge egg for 30 million gold and opened it. The developers decided to give that pet that I WORKED HARD TO COLLECT GOLD FOR away for free during the eggzavier event; resulting in its current value of around 3 million gold. Sadly, that wasn't the only egg i bought before that event was released. I'd say i spent just over 100 million gold for all the pets that i could buy for a total of about 15 million today. I know people that have spent up to 300 million gold (for some, much more) to get such pets which they can now purchase for a total of 40 million gold. Sure you spent millions on such items, but so did I and so did they. I guess your reply is that such items we bought were bound to lose value overtime, well, the same goes for you. Unless you're saying gold grows on Arlor trees, you should assume that it also took me (and some of them) years to accumulate such an amount of gold to make these purchases, which leads on to point number 5.

5). You yourself decided to spend millions collecting such just like us. Don't be expecting special treatment.

Thanks
    Last edited by Perceval; 06-02-2017 at 02:53 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I have mix feelings toward this. Wouldn't this decrease the prices on the other vanities in AL atm?Js. I would rather want sts to work on a new expansion or new event and not waste time on this suggestion. Come on justg u can do better than this.(just my opinion don't get triggered)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Perceval View Post
    1). These are old armours originally used to make progress in the game and not leader board vanities so its not the same as everyone wearing "medusa, ice spirit, Frankenstein, Golem, etc".

2). "Making recipes to craft the existing items into vanities" is just your way of asking for free gold from the developers i.e. asking them to inject artificial value into your collection (something they have stated they do not do; hence the old weapons chosen by the AL community converted to vanities being sold for 1,000 platinum each and not just having the originals converted by a recipe alone as the mandatory option).

3). We are asking for the originals that we love. And no, its not the same as asking for the original jester vanities because anyone who played during season 1-5 could log in after 10 years and have such a collection (which wasn't earned as most were just mob drops of no value - like those smelly plates you liquidate while in PvE maps today to free up inventory space), therefore you are only one case.

4). I bought a shady and surge egg for 30 million gold and opened it. The developers decided to give that pet that I WORKED HARD TO COLLECT GOLD FOR away for free during the eggzavier event; resulting in its current value of around 3 million gold. Sadly, that wasn't the only egg i bought before that event was released. I'd say i spent just over 100 million gold for all the pets that i could buy for a total of about 15 million today. I know people that have spent up to 300 million gold (for some, much more) to get such pets which they can now purchase for a total of 40 million gold. Sure you spent millions on such items, but so did I and so did they. I guess your reply is that such items we bought were bound to lose value overtime, well, the same goes for you. Unless you're saying gold grows on Arlor trees, you should assume that it also took me (and some of them) years to accumulate such an amount of gold to make these purchases, which leads on to point number 5.

5). You yourself decided to spend millions collecting such just like us. Don't be expecting special treatment.

1. The fact that people spent a lot of time and money earning these discontinued items makes them just as important as the "leaderboard vanities" The amount of effort it took me to find a crier vest for rogue was way more compared to the amount of time I spent trying to find a medusa set.

2. Instead of actually responding to this by asking yourself whether you would like to be able to use everything as a vanity, you start to search for underlying reasons for people to ask this of STS, and again you are mistaken. I sold all my extra collectibles a while back. The only reason I would like to be able to use these sets as a vanity, is because I genuinely think many sets are beautiful and I would like to wear them all the time, instead of just in towns. I would naturally also be in favor of making items you turn into a vanity untradeable. I think any real fan of the beautiful sets STS designed would be in favour of being able to wear them all the time, instead of merely when you are not actually playing the game.

3. You are just asking for the items that you claim to "love", but you lack the patience and determination it takes to actually farm for these items, which are all still readily available to those willing to spend time and effort just like other collectors did. You claim leaderboard vanities are different from rare collectibles because these items were not rare at one point in the game. This completely disregards the fact that people who are playing now spent a lot of effort and gold on trying to obtain these items, on a similar level to the leaderboard vanities that were rare from the start. And for your information, the jester sets you used as an example are NOT a leaderboard vanity and could be earned by anyone with very little effort when they were released, by posting a screenshot on the forums and having a healthy dose of luck.

4. "Something bad happened to me, so it's only fair that it should happen to others as well!" That sounds like a great motto to live by right? Right. When certain pets which actually give unique advantages ingame get rereleased, it is only to create a balance within the game when only a minority of the players would have access to powerful pets that are helpful in pve and pvp. Vanities do not give any advantage ingame at all. Comparing gear and pets to vanities is like comparing socks to a ballad.

5. Funny, you ask STS to rerelease rare sets which would ruin the ingame achievements of others, yet you are pulling the "don't expect special treatment" card. Perhaps if you started actually working for the items you desire ingame instead of expecting them to be delivered to you on a plate, this kind of argument would sound less ridiculous.

Creating an environment where any achievement you have worked so hard to reach can just be flushed away in an instant will only make people lose motivation to play, instead of rereleasing sets we should be thinking of new ways to use these great designs by recoloring existing sets or adding new details.
    Last edited by Ent; 06-02-2017 at 05:15 PM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Ent For This Useful Post:

DK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Both of them have a good skill to write an essay.

I love vanities, but need expansion; map, bosses, line story.
    G, look at the dragon sign on the head of arlor map
    Give us your supershiftyeyes about that

Sent from my LT26ii using Tapatalk