Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Something to look forward to alongside daily and hourly rune farming?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fsuryo View Post
    Both of them have a good skill to write an essay.

I love vanities, but need expansion; map, bosses, line story.
    G, look at the dragon sign on the head of arlor map
    Give us your supershiftyeyes about that

Sent from my LT26ii using Tapatalk
    Give us back the good times in kraken Mines justg 😊

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by You Mad Or Nah View Post
    Give us back the good times in kraken Mines justg 😊
    Dang no haha. Lol
    I mean, kind of underwater map

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fsuryo View Post
    Dang no haha. Lol
    I mean, kind of underwater map

I should've been more specific. I want to be able to farm locks again and make good profit. 😂

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ent View Post
    1. The fact that people spent a lot of time and money earning these discontinued items makes them just as important as the "leaderboard vanities" The amount of effort it took me to find a crier vest for rogue was way more compared to the amount of time I spent trying to find a medusa set.

2. Instead of actually responding to this by asking yourself whether you would like to be able to use everything as a vanity, you start to search for underlying reasons for people to ask this of STS, and again you are mistaken. I sold all my extra collectibles a while back. The only reason I would like to be able to use these sets as a vanity, is because I genuinely think many sets are beautiful and I would like to wear them all the time, instead of just in towns. I would naturally also be in favor of making items you turn into a vanity untradeable. I think any real fan of the beautiful sets STS designed would be in favour of being able to wear them all the time, instead of merely when you are not actually playing the game.

3. You are just asking for the items that you claim to "love", but you lack the patience and determination it takes to actually farm for these items, which are all still readily available to those willing to spend time and effort just like other collectors did. You claim leaderboard vanities are different from rare collectibles because these items were not rare at one point in the game. This completely disregards the fact that people who are playing now spent a lot of effort and gold on trying to obtain these items, on a similar level to the leaderboard vanities that were rare from the start. And for your information, the jester sets you used as an example are NOT a leaderboard vanity and could be earned by anyone with very little effort when they were released, by posting a screenshot on the forums and having a healthy dose of luck.

4. "Something bad happened to me, so it's only fair that it should happen to others as well!" That sounds like a great motto to live by right? Right. When certain pets which actually give unique advantages ingame get rereleased, it is only to create a balance within the game when only a minority of the players would have access to powerful pets that are helpful in pve and pvp. Vanities do not give any advantage ingame at all. Comparing gear and pets to vanities is like comparing socks to a ballad.

5. Funny, you ask STS to rerelease rare sets which would ruin the ingame achievements of others, yet you are pulling the "don't expect special treatment" card. Perhaps if you started actually working for the items you desire ingame instead of expecting them to be delivered to you on a plate, this kind of argument would sound less ridiculous.

Creating an environment where any achievement you have worked so hard to reach can just be flushed away in an instant will only make people lose motivation to play, instead of rereleasing sets we should be thinking of new ways to use these great designs by recoloring existing sets or adding new details.
    1). Sounds similar to 'the fact that people spent a lot of time' farming the 'money' required to buy those pets.
    2). 'Underlying reasons for people to ask' what 'of STS' exactly?
    3). The same 'lack' of 'patience and determination' to farm 100 million gold to buy those pets.
    4). Its called making a reference to an earlier example. Even still, the final say is with the developers who seem to have shown an interest in this alongside many players (who greatly outnumber those that disagree including yourself).
    5). Because the sleepless nights players spent for weeks running maps to end up in the top 10 in each class to receive shady and surge after it had been said not to be returning ever again; only to have it re-released is not ruining 'ingame' 'achievement'.

-1 to recolouring the vanities.

The special treatment you guys are publicly asking for is quite amusing.

Its only logical that the collectors themselves alongside the friends they asked to come and make comments (the minority) would disagree with this thread

Thanks
    Last edited by Perceval; 06-02-2017 at 06:18 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    1) Nott all of these armours were meant to make progress, most were and still are just vanities. The only difference between the Lb vanities and the armours asking to be converted into vanities is the value of the lb vanities and the fact that they are vanities.

2) Most collectors of these armour vanities have no interest in selling them, fact of the matter is people with these armours constitute a minuscule part of the game.

Then again if STS decides to nott release these armours as vanities only a handful of people will be wearing them. If they do release, it should be at a value that is appreciative of the current values of these armours. I have nott much to loose if STS decides to make these armours purchasable as vanity form in plat. the only rare armour "vanity" I have is the blue founder and I honestly think people who didn't collect these armours shouldn't be given the option to buy these vanities, something similiar should be given as a choice in vanity form for people who are interested in buying it with plat. Letting the people who held onto their black heraldics and criers even though their prices exponentially rose, hold onto the thrill of owning something unique on a game that they have spent a chunk of their lives and let the people who wish to own these discontinued armours that are vanities have the chance to wear something on the likes of these vanities with minor tweaks which separates these two vanities.

Most players who have these vanities would rather this nott happen because they comprise of people who would rather have something unique to return to down the line. People who did their time and gold into these vanities and held into them should be rewarded(at least that according to me would be the ethical thing to do), since they held onto these vanities and took great care of them. It takes a lot of care when you have one of these vanity sets because one can easily liquidate these vanities then GG.( Plus pretty sure STS's return policy for liquidated items has changed since the introduction of sell all buttons.)

3) This point makes no sense whatsoever to me .-., it seems on the same thought process as those people who want to get the LB vanities but do nott want to spend the time and effort it takes into being able to afford one of those sets.

4) I bought a shade and surge for 26m, the price fell to 4m within a fortnight, you do nott see me complaining about it. Nott to mention pets and gear aren't vanities. Nott unless you intend to use vanities to plan to kill your enemies with auras and pretty hemlines, very tempted to use the hashtag fashionkilla.

5) A lot of people spent millions on these vanities, and other people have held onto these vanities from back when all their worth wasn't even a few hundred k's, no need to single out the people who are the ones who are active on the forums.
    Save us the reading time and just say: "collecting old armors buys you special treatment from STG whereas spending hundreds to thousands of dollars on pets alongside years of farming does nott".

Choosing to release the old armors and weapons as vanities (the voice of the majority) or nott (the voice of the minority) is in the end, entirely up to STG but (depending on the choice they make) may let us know if there are things we need to do to earn special treatment from STG.
    Last edited by Perceval; 06-03-2017 at 11:18 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Perceval View Post
    Save us the reading time and just say: "collecting old armors buys you special treatment from STG whereas spending hundreds to thousands of dollars on pets does nott".

Choosing to release the old armors and weapons as vanities (the voice of the majority) or nott (the voice of the minority) is in the end, entirely up to STG but (depending on the choice they make) may let us know if there are things we need to do to earn special treatment from STG.
    7 people disagree with your thread - a controversial idea is generally carefully implemented. Please take the time to understand that. I doubt they want to risk upsetting players who worked hard for these treasured items. The people who don't have these items have nothing to be upset about because they have not lost anything.

Secondly, your argument for depreciation of items is invalid. Pets get replaced eventually - collectibles should not. They're a part of AL history. So, sure bring back the smaller stuff that not many really care about, such as commando. However, leave things like heraldic and demonlord alone.

At the end of the day, it's a mixed bag. If they choose to do this, they need to bring back items that will satisfy the masses without also upsetting the collectors. Failure to recognize both sides of the game only ends up in an unhealthy game.

P.S: I have none of these rare items whatsoever. Would I like to wear them again? Sure! However, it's just not something I would spend that much gold on nor would I want it to be re-released because it ruins the specialness.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

I do nott know how you deduced the part you bolded.

I also do nott know if conjecture is the best way to go about trying to get what you need.

I'll try to save you the reading time, incase you go back trying to read my first post since obviously you are misinterpreting the points I made. Gears are nott vanities, just because gears in the past have been devalued does nott make it right vanities should be too. The uniqueness of the armour slot vanities should be maintained while giving the "majority" of the people who wish to own these vanities be given a very slightly modified version of these armour slot vanities.

Gear which one buys with plat gives one an edge, and when a majority of the gear is nott something a majority of the people can ever think of obtaining it makes the game way too niche.

Rewarding people who have held onto these armor slot vanities by giving modified(ever so slightly) is imho the right thing to do. Plus this ensures these people keep returning to the game even years from now.
    Your use of 'conjecture' is in bold. 'I do nott know' where you got the assumption I 'need' this. The developers showed interest in a suggestion, therefore I will show my support. Such is the way of forum discussions.

Like I mentioned in a earlier post, those in possession of something that will potentially lose value soon will disagree with anything that will result in that loss of value. Such is the way of humanity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Nordr jewel, entombed hammer, firesquid rod just to name a few

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Maybe a better word for need would have been want. Let's go with want since you do nott need it. Since you decided to post and developers took an interest, people whose collections were under danger of getting devalued had to join in this forum discussion. Stating the obvious is what this thread has boiled down to.

Finally I would like to add, I'll probably nott make a loss either way. The only reason I decided to chime into this discussion is because of friends and acquaintances who stand to loose much if things were to be released without everyone's side being heard.
    So basically sts shouldn't do anything that would hurt your friends pockets...does Gary have to ask them what they're allowed to put in their expansion ? Should sts just add them to the admin team so they can control the game to the point only they have gold or cool things? You kids need to stop being selfish and think about others and not just your small community of market manipulators ..

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Plqgue For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Plqgue View Post
    So basically sts shouldn't do anything that would hurt your friends pockets...does Gary have to ask them what they're allowed to put in their expansion ? Should sts just add them to the admin team so they can control the game to the point only they have gold or cool things? You kids need to stop being selfish and think about others and not just your small community of market manipulators ..
    Nailed it.

"An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, evil for evil"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

From what I see, the two sides of this discussion are:

View #1
    -Allowing to make collectibles into vanities
    - Not re-releasing those collectibles
    - Releasing recolored vanities

View #2
    - Re-releasing the original collectibles (original colors)

Immediately we can realize that the majority of players (non-collectors) should naturally fall into agreement with View #2 (mostly because they would want to enjoy wearing these rare items as much as the current owners do).
    On the other hand, a minority of players (collectors) should tend towards View #1 (mostly due to the clear perks of wearing a vanity over normal items). But we should not let majority over minority play a role in this, especially because the majority might be making an uninformed judgement call.

Both of these views, from my perspective, are not ideal, and therefore I tend to side with a 3rd view.

View #3
    - NOT Allowing to make collectibles into vanities
    - NOT re-releasing the original collectibles (original colors)
    - Releasing new designs over recoloring old ones

Response to View #1:
    Although making collectibles into vanities would be great for looks for the game in general, and especially for collectors like myself, I do see it as being somewhat unfair, as it would be clearly favoring players who own these items. That is not to say the same "favoring" situation has not happened several times and will continue to happen. I just view it as a bad way to handle it.
    In regards to recolored vanities, I believe they are starting to become slightly (and by slightly I mean very) repetitive. The "heraldic" look has already been redone so many times that we don't need to continue having recolors. Also, if you want a recolor you can already buy the steel heraldic, founder, red jester, commando, etc... in auction for relatively cheap. It would be much nicer to instead have new designs that we can appreciate for being unique, just like the original sets once were.

Response to View #2:
    I do not agree with this view either. Re-releasing collectibles is actually a pretty short-sighted idea once we stop to think. Collectibles are only premium items and look apart from the others because they are so rare. Otherwise, if they weren't as exclusive, they would be much less special as they would be commonplace. You can see this with any item. The main reason people buy vanities is for their value in gold. If they're not worth much gold (like the steel heraldic, red jester, etc), players completely forget about them, and the same would happen if collectibles were reintroduced.

My View (#3):
    If you really like these "collectibles" (I don't blame you if you do, they're pretty nice), then instead of asking STS to re-release them, work for them (just like you work during an event or what not). Hunt the item you wish to have; that way you will be happy without making the items any less special.

Just my 2 cents.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ydra For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ydra View Post
    From what I see, the two sides of this discussion are:

View #1
    -Allowing to make collectibles into vanities
    - Not re-releasing those collectibles
    - Releasing recolored vanities

View #2
    - Re-releasing the original collectibles (original colors)

Immediately we can realize that the majority of players (non-collectors) should naturally fall into agreement with View #2 (mostly because they would want to enjoy wearing these rare items as much as the current owners do).
    On the other hand, a minority of players (collectors) should tend towards View #1 (mostly due to the clear perks of wearing a vanity over normal items). But we should not let majority over minority play a role in this, especially because the majority might be making an uninformed judgement call.

Both of these views, from my perspective, are not ideal, and therefore I tend to side with a 3rd view.

View #3
    - NOT Allowing to make collectibles into vanities
    - NOT re-releasing the original collectibles (original colors)
    - Releasing new designs over recoloring old ones

Response to View #1:
    Although making collectibles into vanities would be great for looks for the game in general, and especially for collectors like myself, I do see it as being somewhat unfair, as it would be clearly favoring players who own these items. That is not to say the same "favoring" situation has not happened several times and will continue to happen. I just view it as a bad way to handle it.
    In regards to recolored vanities, I believe they are starting to become slightly (and by slightly I mean very) repetitive. The "heraldic" look has already been redone so many times that we don't need to continue having recolors. Also, if you want a recolor you can already buy the steel heraldic, founder, red jester, commando, etc... in auction for relatively cheap. It would be much nicer to instead have new designs that we can appreciate for being unique, just like the original sets once were.

Response to View #2:
    I do not agree with this view either. Re-releasing collectibles is actually a pretty short-sighted idea once we stop to think. Collectibles are only premium items and look apart from the others because they are so rare. Otherwise, if they weren't as exclusive, they would be much less special as they would be commonplace. You can see this with any item. The main reason people buy vanities is for their value in gold. If they're not worth much gold (like the steel heraldic, red jester, etc), players completely forget about them, and the same would happen if collectibles were reintroduced.

My View (#3):
    If you really like these "collectibles" (I don't blame you if you do, they're pretty nice), then instead of asking STS to re-release them, work for them (just like you work during an event or what not). Hunt the item you wish to have; that way you will be happy without making the items any less special.

Just my 2 cents.
    Working hard for it doesn't help when there people like dk up there with hundreds of sets and no plans on selling...secondly you don't want them released because it would make your personal collection go down in price...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Since you guys want to Sts to release these vanities why not have Sts release banners that some players couldn't get because they barely started playing or didn't have the resources to get in a tier?or a way to get them like an event?(not talking about lb banners)
    😊

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Working hard for it doesn't help when there people like dk up there with hundreds of sets and no plans on selling...secondly you don't want them released because it would make your personal collection go down in price...
    Fun fact, vanities have no impact on gameplay. So, if people chose to collect them that's cool. You shouldn't ruin their enjoyment of their vanities they worked for just because you want an easy way to enjoy them too. In the end, people wear the vanities for a few weeks and then complain about the next rare collectible to be re-released. Why? The vanity that was brought back is no longer special.

Please don't be so selfish and ruin other people's game. Vanity is just that, a vanity. It has no impact on gameplay.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Fun fact, vanities have no impact on gameplay. So, if people chose to collect them that's cool. You shouldn't ruin their enjoyment of their vanities they worked for just because you want an easy way to enjoy them too. In the end, people wear the vanities for a few weeks and then complain about the next rare collectible to be re-released. Why? The vanity that was brought back is no longer special.

Please don't be so selfish and ruin other people's game. Vanity is just that, a vanity. It has no impact on gameplay.
    So if a person grinds the gold for ice golem set or any other vanity then one week later sts releases this for all the fellow AL players whats the person going to do? Take a big L? and ruin the enjoyment of having one of the few sets still in game nty. Its not being selfish btw. Get a gl gun and belt and go farm maus. In no time u can buy any lb vanity you want if you put your mind to it. As for turning collectibles to vanities idk imo.
    Last edited by You Mad Or Nah; 06-04-2017 at 02:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Exactly vanity doesn't affect gameplay at all so why does it matter if an old set is brought back as a vanity besides if it hurts a few players pockets who like you have millions upon millions to toss around.. other people besides the same 20-30 hoarding all the collectible sets will be able to wear their favorites if they wanted to..and besides as you can tell its only people who hoard these sets and their friends against this...let other people have fun man we all couldn't farm plat back in the day like you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by You Mad Or Nah View Post
    So if a person grinds the gold for ice golem set or any other vanity then one week later sts releases this for all the fellow AL players whats the person going to do? Take a big L? and ruin the enjoyment of having one of the few sets still in game nty. Its not being selfish btw. Get a gl gun and belt and go farm maus. In no time u can buy any lb vanity you want if you put your mind to it. As for turning collectibles to vanities idk imo.
    It's a good way to kill the game if they do that. They've done it in their past games and lost a lot of veterans due to it. The simple fact is, if someone's gameplay is actively ruined then they will not play. These new players know nothing, sigh.

You're not going to get old vanities back, it's been discussed over and over. They're done and over with. And no, I don't have any of these old vanities.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

You kids need to stop being selfish and think about others and not just your small community of discussion manipulators ..
    Manipulating discussion ? Bro you literally said you're against it because it would hurt your friends pockets.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Manipulating discussion ? Bro you literally said you're against it because it would hurt your friends pockets.....
    Nobody is manipulating. Take it down a notch, stop being so aggressive. Nobody wants to give their stuff away for free and no matter how much someone complains, this isn't going to change.

Developers know this and I'm sure they know the repercussions of bringing back veteran items. Recolour, sure. Never bring back though.

The ghost vanities are perfect example of doing it. People were given a chance to obtain ghost ice golem but they didn't ruin the original ice golem values. So, create new opportunities to obtain an equally rare item. Don't give away the same thing g.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Nobody is manipulating. Take it down a notch, stop being so aggressive. Nobody wants to give their stuff away for free and no matter how much someone complains, this isn't going to change.
    That's the thing in case you didn't read the title this is something for farmers you know something for people to work towards....there's no indication from sts that they won't make these vanities plat purchasable..nobody is getting anything for free it takes work to get those things as well...
    Secondly you keep bringing up lb vanities ..this has nothing to do with them this is about bringing a few old beautiful sets out as vanities ...the only people this hurts even a little is the hoarders of collectibles literally nobody else is affected ...