Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Something to look forward to alongside daily and hourly rune farming?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Plqgue View Post
    That's the thing in case you didn't read the title this is something for farmers you know something for people to work towards....there's no indication from sts that they won't make these vanities plat purchasable..nobody is getting anything for free it takes work to get those things as well...
    Secondly you keep bringing up lb vanities ..this has nothing to do with them this is about bringing a few old beautiful sets out as vanities ...the only people this hurts even a little is the hoarders of collectibles literally nobody else is affected ...
    Bring back old items which other players do not own but are on NPCs, make those as vanities that the general public can buy for platinum.

People are fixated on specific rare items. However, the thing is they are only desirable because they are rare - not for their design. Did you know at one point, heraldic was 2K each? Nobody wanted it. If they become populated, then again nobody will want it and in the process we will have destroyed people's hard work and perhaps their passion for game. It's not a situation which is healthy for the game. If people cannot understand this, then I do not know what to tell them. With a rare vanity, people purchase for uniqueness. Your brain is telling you it's design to justify the cost - but everybody just wants to be unique. If the unique factor is lost then there's no point of wearing it.

So, if people want rare vanities brought back? Awesome, so do I. Just have them brought back in a way that do not cause further damage in game. The object is to keep players, not lose them.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

No one here is being aggressive here you over exaggerating😂
    If u get easily offended this ain't the place for you js

3. The Following User Says Thank You to You Mad Or Nah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

I don't think these collectors even make up 1% of the AL population so as far as I'm concerned, consider them expendable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    People are fixated on specific rare items. However, the thing is they are only desirable because they are rare - not for their design. Did you know at one point, heraldic was 2K each? Nobody wanted it. If they become populated, then again nobody will want it and in the process we will have destroyed people's hard work and perhaps their passion for game. It's not a situation which is healthy for the game. If people cannot understand this, then I do not know what to tell them. With a rare vanity, people purchase for uniqueness. Your brain is telling you it's design to justify the cost - but everybody just wants to be unique. If the unique factor is lost then there's no point of wearing it.
    This has been said so many times by so many old players that understand.
    It's not worth it to keep restating the point, Zeus.

I just hope the devs understand this simple point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ydra View Post
    This has been said so many times by so many old players that understand.
    It's not worth it to keep restating the point, Zeus.

I just hope the devs understand this simple point.
    Hopefully the devs understand the group making this point is a minority. Disagree? Let's simply have a poll to end the discussion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Can we have a poll Gary?

Would you like the old armors and weapons (heraldic's etc.) to return as vanities?

- Yes

- No

Please also kindly make a server announcement to ensure the collectors themselves don't make excuses about not being accounted for.
    Last edited by Perceval; 06-04-2017 at 03:44 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I guess people are asking those old sets(not lb vanities) to be farmable and not through filling the pockets of hoarders with gold

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Perceval View Post
    Can we have a poll Gary?

Would you like the old armors and weapons (heraldic's etc.) to return as vanities?

- Yes

- No

Please also kindly make a server announcement to ensure the collectors themselves don't make excuses about not being accounted for.
    The majority doesn't see far enough into the future.
    If you asked if everyone wants a medusa set, the majority would say yes. Should we give it to everyone? No, clearly.

Stop and realize that you are talking to season 1 players who already know how this will turn out.

If you care so much for design, buy steel heraldic
    Very cheap and same heraldic design. You will love it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ydra View Post
    The majority doesn't see far enough into the future.
    If you asked if everyone wants a medusa set, the majority would say yes. Should we give it to everyone? No, clearly.

Stop and realize that you are talking to season 1 players who already know how this will turn out.

If you care so much for design, buy steel heraldic
    Very cheap and same heraldic design. You will love it!
    Oh look, the words of a collector. I saw 'far enough into the future' to see this coming

@Zeus, here is your 'aggressive' player. Ironically he's on your side.
    Last edited by Perceval; 06-04-2017 at 03:50 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Bump for this one

Sent from my LT26ii using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Bring back old items which other players do not own but are on NPCs, make those as vanities that the general public can buy for platinum.

So, if people want rare vanities brought back? Awesome, so do I. Just have them brought back in a way that do not cause further damage in game. The object is to keep players, not lose them.
    And if the drops of these items are rare like smelly helm vanity would you still be against it the only thing I'm seeing is you think everyone and their mother will have this and I don't think that's the case it's either gonna drop like I mentioned earlier or cost a thousand plat a set, hell they might even take an elixir to drop like cryo/northal vanities ...IDK if you realize this but the number of plat buyers has gone downhill and some of us that used to spend freely on the game aren't buying plat anymore like myself this could get people to spend the dough this game needs to continue running without spending 5$ us per run as is the case in forgotten ruins ....this literally won't affect the majority of the game negatively the maybe less than 1% of players that collect and hoard these sets will be affected but it's not really an impactful thing when two of your hundreds of rare sets become worth a little less...you and your friends are trying to keep these things to yourselves and it's simply not fair to those of us who want something to farm for/ a good reason to spend our money on this amazing game again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Collectible items are a part of AL's history. Some are very rare and treasured as they should be. Rereleasing these items as common trash would be an affront to the history of AL. They should be preserved as intact as possible. Even simply changing them to vanitys would ruin the character and story of the item. Im all for differently colored knockoffs but please do not counterfeit our Mona Lisas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cashews View Post
    Collectible items are a part of AL's history. Some are very rare and treasured as they should be. Rereleasing these items as common trash would be an affront to the history of AL. They should be preserved as intact as possible. Even simply changing them to vanitys would ruin the character and story of the item. Im all for differently colored knockoffs but please do not counterfeit our Mona Lisas.
    Sorry mate, the counterfeit shady and surge looks the same as the original.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

And what does that have to do with bringing back old gears? Pets are expected to be rereleased as they are a consumable item. As far as I can tell, you are advocating bringing back icons of this games history as junk to be handed out to everybody simply because you like the color scheme. A lot of people have invested years and lots of money to collect and preserve these items. If you want these items then you need to put in the work to obtain and thus treasure them, not by destroying the games historical items and many of its collectors.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

And what does that have to do with bringing back old gears? Pets are expected to be rereleased as they are a consumable item. As far as I can tell, you are advocating bringing back icons of this games history as junk to be handed out to everybody simply because you like the color scheme. A lot of people have invested years and lots of money to collect and preserve these items. If you want these items then you need to put in the work to obtain and thus treasure them, not by destroying the games historical items and many of its collectors.
    Let us celebrate history together, not just you and your friends.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

You seem to not like what they did with SnS, which I agree with you that they shouldn't have.
    You appear to contradict yourself, however, when you wish that the same happens with collectibles.
    You know better than anyone how it felt to see SnS everywhere... and it wasn't a happy feeling, as you mentioned.
    Why then would you want the same to happen with collectibles?

Seems vengeful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

totally disagree with this. AL needs fresh new items, no more recolours or turning x item into a vanity, its lazy. It's bad enough in event stores seeing the same stuff as the year before. Same goes for Heroic pets, i'd much rather see new pets with creative aa's than original pets with para circle and boosted stats.

not hating on STS they've made great vanitys before and they'll make great vanitys again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Oh wow look another collector against this wonderful idea ....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Let's just have a poll and end this g.

Let's see what the AL community (as a whole) really wants.

The collectors and their friends aren't even carrying on the discussion in a civilised manner anymore, they are just trying to guilt trip and threaten the developers.
    Last edited by Perceval; 06-04-2017 at 05:57 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Let's just have a poll and end this g.

Let's see what the AL community really wants.

The collectors and their friends aren't even carrying on the discussion in a civilised manner anymore, they are just trying to guilt trip and threaten the developers.
    if it was an item that effected stats fair enough but its a vanity item, get over it.