Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Newbie Struggles

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Wasn't the complaint about prices of things? Waterfall of crates will just increase prices more and was that not the original complaint? Or is the answer to price inflation additional price inflation??

Leveling is very fast these days and you get free equips and pots. There is even a new way to earn gold: Forgotten Ruins. Just do the quests, do a bit of crafting or sell jewels or even get Massive Twilight Crates.

Or is it just that learning new ways is difficult for new (or is it old?) players?

Star light, star bright...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fyrce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    Wasn't the complaint about prices of things? Waterfall of crates will just increase prices more and was that not the original complaint? Or is the answer to price inflation additional price inflation??

Leveling is very fast these days and you get free equips and pots. There is even a new way to earn gold: Forgotten Ruins. Just do the quests, do a bit of crafting or sell jewels or even get Massive Twilight Crates.

Or is it just that learning new ways is difficult for new (or is it old?) players?
    I don't think complaints about prices caused sts to kill km3. I believe they were looking at how much money comes into game from where, and then saw many of us ( incl me then) living in the mines.
    I do remember ppl complaining that they were "slaves" in the mines because there were no other good maps for noobs to come up in. Which is more of a comment on the game as a whole then, than it is about km3 imho

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Just have fun it doesn't matter what level you are.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thekragle View Post
    If you spend just 50$ on plat it will make you 2 million in gold alone. Every new player should buy at least 20$ in plat, buy elite awakening kits and sell in CS. Then poof! Millionaire in a day
    I spent 0 and I'll never spend..why?it's just a game LOL ..I'll just spend in load for data..btw I think you're a richkid that's why it's easy for you to say ..spend 50$ LOL....not all new players can waste real money like you

Sent from my A11w using Tapatalk
    Last edited by boohgey; 05-27-2017 at 08:10 PM.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to boohgey For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

I'm a 35 year old who is married with 2 kids. I have spent maybe $100 in three years, so no not a rich kid.

Some people drop $50 on Xbox games that last a few months. $50 on this game buys quite a bit of fun. That's my point.
    And if everyone had your attitude there would be no Arcane Legends!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to thekragle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

I'm a 35 year old who is married with 2 kids. I have spent maybe $100 in three years, so no not a rich kid.

Some people drop $50 on Xbox games that last a few months. $50 on this game buys quite a bit of fun. That's my point.
    And if everyone had your attitude there would be no Arcane Legends!!
    I'm a college student, no income..playing one year now for fun..I've spent 0 real money to buy in game resources..I used my brain to merch and had farmed hard to earn gold. I've started having capital for merching in tombs through farming locks..But now, the farming fun in tombs is gone..Now you have to be max lvl to earn big amount of gold...And new players would suffer how to earn gold without spending real money..Either they beg or scam to earn easy gold...

LOL you're old enough to undertand the real point...You even have kids now...Now I tell you, if all people have an attitude like yours who are willing to spend thousands for a game, world will suffer more in poverty..Spend real money to survive in real life, not to be OP in game..Just play for fun.....period...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by boohgey View Post
    @thekragle

I'm a college student,18 year old, no income..Most players are like me, teenagers, no income...I've spent 0 real money to survive in game..I farm and used my brain to merch..I've started my peaceful gold earning journey in tombs to farm locks but now it's gone together with the farming fun factor..In this current update, you'll need to ne max lvl.to be able to earn thousands of gold..

It's funny that You're old enough to understand the real point..You even have kids...Spend your money for your family...Play for fun only..You may say there's no AL if all players have my attitude but I should tell you this , if all people have a mindset like yours who wants to spend just for a fantasy game, the world will suffer in poverty..You are acting more childish than me..pls don't humiliate yourself...you are already old...understand what you're reading b4 making trash talks...
    He didn't trash talk. He just stated his opinion, if you cannot handle others opinions you probably shouldn't post on here.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

This game wouldn't even be here if it wasnt for(now i could be wrong) many many many young adults spending some cash on PL.

Btw fantasy games (99.99% could fall into this category)are a multi billion dollar industry thats thriving.

In almost every live game(updates weekly, its the most you will prolly see for mobile) we need a premium consumer to fund the ongoing construction of the game or the company would have to have backup capital.

He is right, without plat buyers this game wouldnt be.sts has to eat too!they need their strength to deal with the forumers .

When boohgey gets that first job/paycheck: "Buying locks need many".

No but i love your art boohgey, im just trying to defuse this little situation we got here...

Btw ive made over 5k free plat since my account created, they work done correctly. We used to have to buy maps with plat in early PL days! Some people couldnt even go to the consignment shop if they didnt purchase it(15-20plat? Cant remember). It could have been like that in Arlor . Done rambling -_-

Thank you for your patience and time.

Ign: Archonmage

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle Eye229 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

This game MUST motivate new and old players to spend real money. That is the only way it survives. My MBA taught me that. I'm glad you are smart enough to play the game without spending real money, but you have to be the minority for the system to work.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to thekragle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

This game MUST motivate new and old players to spend real money. That is the only way it survives. My MBA taught me that. I'm glad you are smart enough to play the game without spending real money, but you have to be the minority for the system to work.
    Still man it's better to play without spending money :-) all I want is for newbies who doesn't have income like me to enjoy the game fairly :-) ty for the debate anyways :-)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Revive Km3. (Yes that's me btw)
    I was excited when I bought my first arcane egg (maridos) All thanks to Km3😃. Took a lot of work but it was worth it. Sad to see Km3 die like it did. 😞
    Last edited by You Mad Or Nah; 05-28-2017 at 03:45 AM.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to You Mad Or Nah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by boohgey View Post
    Still man it's better to play without spending money :-) all I want is for newbies who doesn't have income like me to enjoy the game fairly :-) ty for the debate anyways :-)

I am in no way putting you down and understand what your saying. I don't want to argue, just offering my opinion. I agree there should be a balance so new players don't get frustrated because that's not good for the game either.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to thekragle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

I am in no way putting you down and understand what your saying. I don't want to argue, just offering my opinion. I agree there should be a balance so new players don't get frustrated because that's not good for the game either.
    Yyyyep XD sometimes ideas just contradict and we also have to defend ourselves..that's what makes an argument :-) ty for making opinions anyways :-)

AL is <3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Nerf gold loot frm maus maps back to what arena is this season.

More items, less buyers.. Price decreases, thus so called newbies happy.

I mean really man. All r taking the game nd devs for granted. Its a grt game till date. I have played different games bt always came back to AL.

Btw abt newbies, if they beg around in town, nd dont run maps. They deserve to stay in poverty.

Atm its super easy to make gold. And newbies dont need alot of gold to start.

All quests frm lvl1 to lvl61 give out alot of gold to buy gears. New players get gear kit. Like what they need more?

Play for abt 1-2 month nd u can be in par with old casual players.

Gud gears r cheap atm. Op stuffs r lit expensive bt its reasonable. No newbie is meant to get heroic /arcane pet in less than a month, bt still they can get if they play effectively.

Sent from my 2014818 using Tapatalk
    AL:- Ign:Reanimatedlee(endgame rogue)/ Jewelfarming(nab tank)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

I too started from nothing, but it was a start. Currently mauso drops lots of gold! Even if you farm runes it's good cash flow at the moment.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by princessraia View Post
    i started at season 9 btw not as old as the other players but comparing prices before to now everything is way cheaper now... as a newbie before i was happy with gyrm and a planar set as a gear since i can't afford an arcane pet and a good gear and gems to make my toon stronger. I never stopped farming because i had a goal. I always tell myself i will be strong enough to last longer in maps and i did I may not be one of the richest players in AL but im not poor So if your a newbie just work hard enough and you could be as good as them
    Thanks for sharing yur story rai :-) my point is just..It's not that easy to earn gold in game anymore especially if you're not lvl61 ...I just pity those newbies

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

The worst is seeing those noobs who get tricked into buying the 250 plat insta-level to 57 that gets shoved in your face on the start screen, in town, and in the beginning areas. Imagine entering the world as a 57 with what you think is an op set then joining the world map area with a recommended lvl for 57... then get destroyed over and over and over...

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Azebor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azebor View Post
    The worst is seeing those noobs who get tricked into buying the 250 plat insta-level to 57 that gets shoved in your face on the start screen, in town, and in the beginning areas. Imagine entering the world as a 57 with what you think is an op set then joining the world map area with a recommended lvl for 57... then get destroyed over and over and over...
    AHAHAHAHAH this is real man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Iseenoobs View Post
    Imo the game already is friendly to new players. You can get to cap level fast with the dailys and some farm. And about getting the nice items and vanities you don't need much time or effort either. Do you know there are mages who have tens of millions from maus and don't even use dragon staff because they are clueless? Making gold or reaching the cap is actually too easy... You can start from scratch and get to the top for 6months or less. You should see how it goes in other games.
    Iam not using dragon staff because its too expensive. Hard to find party without that staff btw.

Im low budget gamer too, but i feel happy to play this game with all of my guildmates. Guilds will help you too for grow up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

28. The Following User Says Thank You to aditoy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aditoy View Post
    Iam not using dragon staff because its too expensive. Hard to find party without that staff btw.

Im low budget gamer too, but i feel happy to play this game with all of my guildmates. Guilds will help you too for grow up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Get a hex staff with str build and people will be waiting for u to be online..
    Hex drag or immo .. get any/all of those and you will be full of parties