Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: PVP Level restriction needs to return

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Angry PVP Level restriction needs to return

I think we're having a serious problem right now. Level restrictions in PVP games. Cinco, if you reading this, please have my points in mind because in my opinion this totally ruins the game. I am sure there are more reasons why we need PVP level restrictions, but here are my point on the problem.

I tried this out today by creating a level 13 game. It took about 2 minutes until the game had a level 45 joining followed by a 86. And.... game over.

From a STS perspective, you guys want to earn money on your product. You're running a business and that makes this point valid. To solve this you've created a lot of platinum required content and even raised the cost of platinum items by a lot. But still, people tend to stick to the game they love and pay for it. And now, your plan to make money is to ruin the low level PVP community and force them to level?

First off - to be able to have a twink you'll need a high level character to make money. So even if you see us twinking, we all have our high level mains. When you're capped one of each class - should you continue to cap multiple characters of each cap? Why can't we enjoy some low level PVP from time to time? Talking for myself, I've spent a lot of money on this game during the 7 years I've played it and this has mainly been done due to my level 15 twink. I've been leveling my main since the release of this new content and will continue to do so until I hit the cap. But after that, I want to return to my beloved 15 twink and enjoy the game the way I've always done.

To leave the economic perspective, how will this affect the gameplay?

First off - low level characters are going to be one-hitted all the time. And by low level characters, I am talking about level 1 to 85. No fun in that at all. Second - capped characters will run around and one hit people. Do you guys see the pattern? This also ruins the end-game PVP. Who would like to cap to be able to play PVP when you are superior all of your opponents? That's no challenge in that at all. So once again - not fun.
    Let's keep this thread as a serious discussion about this problem we are facing right now. I really hope to see a change really soon.

Cinco - you can ignore low level PVP how much you want (don't change level restrictions from 5 to 2, don't let us participate in holiday events etc.). But please, don't ruin it.
    Last edited by Justg; 06-01-2017 at 01:36 PM.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Caztori For This Useful Post:

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,158 Posts

Here's what I recommend:

Use the Host feature. If you want to run open games be prepared to Kick players who don't suit your desired level-range.

Otherwise, consider creating private games and inviting only those you wish to compete.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Here's what I recommend:

Use the Host feature. If you want to run open games be prepared to Kick players who don't suit your desired level-range.

Otherwise, consider creating private games and inviting only those you wish to compete.
    Really that's all you say? There's a massive community here doing twink who love the game and play the game just as much as anyone at endgame and you will just disregard all these players by doing this and throw them under the bus by getting rid of restrictions. Also you think kicking people will work? Its not like there is just 5-10 endgame pvpers out there is it? Theres a whole bunch of them joining game after game and we spend most our times booting people instead of actually enjoying the game and you think thats fair on us? Ok lets just say we do kick all of them in this imaginary situation. They're just going to bring their other higher lvl toons just to kill us again and that's fun for everyone is it? Well lets just keep this situation going shall we? So we kicked everyone and kicked all their other higher lvl characters what happens? After spending 20+ minutes kicking everyone the game is about to finish...... Then the lobby restarts and everyone who has been kicked can join again and we have to repeat this all over again that sounds real fun for all of us. Secondly Private games. Here at twink we don't just like playing the same people over and over again we actually like to fight all different classes and different people not just our friends every single day how boring would that be. Everyone wants to learn and get better at pvp by fighting different people with different kinds of styles of play not just the same thing over and over again. In conclusion what I am saying is having no level restrictions in PvP is absurd because it just takes both the skill and fun out of pvp and these "solutions" you have given us will never work. I think everyone and twink will agree with this and even some people at endgame will. Please don't disregard the people who love this game at twink and give us back the restrictions.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Cinco et al... Cut the bull

Here's what I recommend:

It's all about money they dgaf about anything we say. These guys make arbitrary distinctions on what is right and wrong to whatever serves their purpose and interest. What kind of vermin ban players after taking hundreds of dollars from a person. On that note , if I ever visit see Brandon I got something for that ***.

You do realize it's the adults who have money to spend not tweeners.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Romantica View Post
    It's all about money they dgaf about anything we say. These guys make arbitrary distinctions on what is right and wrong to whatever serves their purpose and interest. What kind of vermin ban players after taking hundreds of dollars from a person. On that note , if I ever visit see Brandon I got something for that ***.

You do realize it's the adults who have money to spend not tweeners.
    "what kind of vermin" lmao the black marketers were the vermin who screwed this game leading to those decisions.
    More of them should have been banned and still play the game, like a couple of famous gm's.
    Why so salty? You didn't get away with something? lel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I have since created a very stacked account. With the aid of Blitz and MrSmith. They had lent me gold back in 2014 to reestablish myself.

The reason for my banning was because I would buy plat for my indigent friends. So yea, I didn't get away with being nice....

I just want all my old toons back

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    147 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Romantica View Post
    I have since created a very stacked account. With the aid of Blitz and MrSmith. They had lent me gold back in 2014 to reestablish myself.

The reason for my banning was because I would buy plat for my indigent friends. So yea, I didn't get away with being nice....

I just want all my old toons back
    What you did was against TOS nobody cares that you spent thousands of dollars

10. The Following User Says Thank You to humiiii For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Only endgame wants this. For starters not everyone wants to play endgame. What makes one zone better than the next eh? More skills eh? L100 is now better than 76 and 35 because of a new set eh? No. PvP in PL was never limited to endgame. It was what ever zone suited your interest the most. You think i played 35 because of "skill spam"? I played 35 because i enjoyed what it had to offer. I played 23 30 and 40 because i enjoyed what it had to offer. It suited my interest. Now i can't play these zones that i love. These L.100s do more of a job to boost off of the twink players then fight their own levels. At least with the 5 level restrict you'd have more 5v5s in endgame. More of your own levels fighting against each other. Instead it only takes less than 30 seconds before a L.100 will join your game and start boosting even though their are L.100 games already up. Now on to you Cinco. How can you tell us. "Use the Host button" as if I know everyone who does 23-40. I mean all of a sudden i have omniscience and know EEEEVERY SINGLE 23-40. What Good will that do if we keep hosting games. We'll be fighting the same people each time and that'll be boring. But a public game we can meet more people thats if the L.100s some how took a break from boosting.Twink as a whole has a bigger community than endgame if you wanted money so bad why didn't you just put out more content for twink in general. Why ruin twink to force us to come to a zone that does not suit our interest. I have a endgame. Goaheadandtry. And i can easily tell you this zone does not give the same enjoyment that 30 did for me. So what now? Quit PvP then? Nah more people is quiting the game instead. I wonder why? You ruined a aspect that makes PL......PL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Here's what I recommend:

Host a game & you can prepare to boot for some hours. Also, who should we invite if all Twinks quitted after this Update.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shinepin View Post
    Host a game & you can prepare to boot for some hours. Also, who should we invite if all Twinks quitted after this Update.
    If all twinks quit why complain?

ELITE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Complains kept arriving for low lvls, +-2 lvl restriction and for all that sorts. It's not possible balance all levels but balance tryouts are justified for endgame. The hard truth is its better to break low lvl PvP and make em come to endgame.

Some will arguebthen why low lvl was touch as it was perfect.

Nope it was not perfect, players got used to it, used to opness, somewhere bear were op, somewhere mages and somewhere something else. Did anybody complain? No. Funny fact is if those lvls get balanced then those op classes would complain, cause that's how they are used to it.

Bottomline : come to endgame, face the challenges of mastering more skills than just spamming a very few skills and specific builds.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Waug For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post
    Complains kept arriving for low lvls, +-2 lvl restriction and for all that sorts. It's not possible balance all levels but balance tryouts are justified for endgame. The hard truth is its better to break low lvl PvP and make em come to endgame.

Some will arguebthen why low lvl was touch as it was perfect.

Nope it was not perfect, players got used to it, used to opness, somewhere bear were op, somewhere mages and somewhere something else. Did anybody complain? No. Funny fact is if those lvls get balanced then those op classes would complain, cause that's how they are used to it.

Bottomline : come to endgame, face the challenges of mastering more skills than just spamming a very few skills and specific builds.
    We aren't even talking about balance, or how much skill a level takes to play. We simply want twinking (a major part of this game) to come back again. Because lets face it, every level except 100 just got ruined..
    nothing lasts forever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Alot of twinks do play endgame like my self. l enjoyed both endgame and twink. Twinking was always a thing that kept me in the game. After I farmed or merched or what not. Twinking was the thing that kept me in the game the longest. Endgame is cool but it's only one level that I would get bored of pretty quickly.

Sent from my Z828 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I couldn't agree more with waug. Certain lvls different classes rules. You can't balance all. Most lower lvls where everything is hyped requires 2-3 clicks of a skill. I love the fact there is no pvp restriction to push all players to endgame. More endgame players means more 5v5 games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Cinco can u atleast fix the lobbies? I have no problem with no lvl restrictions. However, finding games is hard now. Because games merge and you can only find games +/- 5. So if a l100 game merges with a l35 game i will no longer see it. If you could simply open up all the games/ remove the +/- 5 it would enable me to find all games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mymysticalmage View Post
    Cinco can u atleast fix the lobbies? I have no problem with no lvl restrictions. However, finding games is hard now. Because games merge and you can only find games +/- 5. So if a l100 game merges with a l35 game i will no longer see it. If you could simply open up all the games/ remove the +/- 5 it would enable me to find all games.
    This is not true, the bolded line, go play with the options to find a game, jenious, common you will b able to do that at sometime just like how u could get better at mage

Quote Originally Posted by Burningdex View Post
    We aren't even talking about balance, or how much skill a level takes to play. We simply want twinking (a major part of this game) to come back again. Because lets face it, every level except 100 just got ruined..
    'We' did, in fact 'we' kept doing it. Just look back a bit
    Last edited by Waug; 06-02-2017 at 06:04 AM.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Not sure why everyone is so repelled by the idea of endgame PvP. There could be some really fun CTF and FFA games if more people came to 100. I get that dodge is a big factor and that 1v1's seem trivial, but if we shifted to an FFA/CTF-oriented community by having more numbers, the game would be way more enjoyable. I doubt the majority of the community now has tried a 5v5 CTF game. Do you have any idea how fun that is?

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Not sure why everyone is so repelled by the idea of endgame PvP. There could be some really fun CTF and FFA games if more people came to 100. I get that dodge is a big factor and that 1v1's seem trivial, but if we shifted to an FFA/CTF-oriented community by having more numbers, the game would be way more enjoyable. I doubt the majority of the community now has tried a 5v5 CTF game. Do you have any idea how fun that is?
    It's like a super-sonic jet took me to an alternate universe where only fun exists. Rushing would be a thing of the past, all players would be properly fed kills and get their kd stack-t (the -ed ending is too much a part of the system). Break through the boundaries these lameo 1v1 peeps have done to us. Lets do some 5v5

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Congeniality For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

I was in a full 100 game other day was pretty lit just cap and it will be fun.

ELITE

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

so i guess they have no intentions to bring back restrictions at all?