Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Commando Offensive Build & Feedback

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Lol. Yea it's both AoE and Single targeting thank you for your post I'm sure it will help other people who are having trouble on which skills to use. One problem with timing KR is that someone people play this on a 2G or 3G and they might experience lag so they won't be able to use it correctly. I have 4G so it's effective for me. The build you have is good too 1 point on singular is still good. Youre only after the knockdown. I still like kinetic though lol. Make sure to respond again when I repost for lv36 build.
    Last edited by Heavensblade; 10-15-2011 at 08:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Shouldn't matter even if you're on edge / 2g. You just need to figure out the timing. There will still be a 2 second window, you just have to figure out when it is.

I'm not sure how the game handles ping, if it does some sort of latency modeling or what. I usually have 200-350 ping on 3g, but even on a very fast connection my ping doesn't get better than 200.

It shouldn't make much of a difference. I think the 2 second window probably begins right when you think it does (when KR electricity animation snaps finished) regardless of how you connect.

Even if it's off for slower connections, there should still be a 2 second window to launch attacks, you'll just either have to compensate for the latency yourself and start earlier than it appears you should, OR the game has latency compensation modeling and you should launch attacks when it appears you should.
    Last edited by jMachina; 10-17-2011 at 11:55 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Ive seen you play! even more than that I saw you on the leaderboards, and your ratio was why I started my own zerodeaths. Btw you jumped into my game on an alt at dmc. I died soon after because of a powercut... but you have waaaay too many kills so ur prolly on despite the 1/2 cut in ratio, its just horrible that you died its horrible that during pingwells ur char cant do anything but die, I spam stims at such times but doesnt always help. I guess ur ratio is is still amazing enough haha I just wish for this feature: to set ur own ping timing for disconnection from the server, so you can keep it at a level comfortable for your connection, or how long your hp is going to last instead of the rediculous 300k - I have 4, 3 and 2 deaths on my chars mostly because of pingwells
    Use more or less the same build on my level 30 commando, for much the same reasons, but got 6 gravity well and 6 nebula instead of the self buff, this is because I liked the effect and it used to kill npcs on blackstar :P I can tell that this build is optimised for energy usage, so the 5s actually make sense as against the all in approach (a bunch of 6s, you can shave the extra points for an additional skill). This particular build can be used to save stims as well, just stomp, well and singularity at these levels, is good enough for most creeps on all levels except the bosses, throw in backbreaker and anything more is excessive.
    While a commando can certainly dole out damage, com is meant more for maneuvering and controlling the battle than dps, so I wouldnt worry about getting an excessive damage with both self-buffs or skills, and focus more on how to clear the map and position enemies out of harms way to others (by others I mean ops). You can start doling out damage only after grabbing the enemie's attention and getting them where you want. Usually by this time if ur playing in a full run the creeps should have evaporated, so theres almost no time for damage or self buffs. The backbreaker combo should be enough. For example well stomp and singularity are good for positioning mobs wherever you want em, or plucking vulars off engies. This is one of the reason I use 5 Nubula, drains the enemies hp if your toe to toe with em. Another player told me this "find your own way with ur char" thingy and yeah thats important haha.
    Last edited by Slant; 10-18-2011 at 07:16 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Had I continued my commando its how i would have done, but putting points into nebula, seeing as it. CAN CRIT. Aoe mando is the way to go, however I stopped at 25

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Almost exactly the same as my build when I was still running slouch-o frequently. I recently changed to a more AOE based build for farming outer limits for vanities (NONE SO FAR!*&!%@#%^!&#&@*!) which includes maxed nebula and drops kinetic reservoir (no hard enemies means I don't really need to spam skills to kill fast).

My only tweaks to your build was that I only used 1 point in back breaker, and NO points in force hammer, and put those 6 points into increase mass instead. I play very aggressively, and I always charge in first, regardless of my character type (gotta stop doing that on my ops lol). Although the increase of armor is only for like 5 seconds, I found that 5 seconds has saved me many times. Take outer limit runs for example. Even at level 30, when I'm pulling the groups at the first chest and all the surrounding mobs near the first 2 mini bosses, I'm getting shot by about 20 mobs. Without that extra 300 armor, I'd get killed every time when I round the turn to go back to my group. It helps with my play style a lot.

I didn't know about that back breaker combo giving 3x damage though. I knew about the combo obviously, just didn't know what it did. Can you confirm this 3x thing? Seems like that's too much :?
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Nice heaven that's my same build.

Also pistols aka black widow does nice damage with back breaker.
    Last edited by Acyer; 10-19-2011 at 07:50 AM.

ZERO COMMANDO
    Follow me on Twitter @Zero_SLegends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks for the guide! Good info and well put together! I appreciate that you shared why you chose the skills you did and how you use them. I have a 27 Com and I was planning on a respec. You, and everyone here for that matter have helped tons! Thanks all around!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok, let me shed some light on heavensblade's recent... Accident. It was a terrible, terrible, event that left us all stunned... See, I was there, when it happened. That fateful day... On numa. I remember it like it was yesterday, the sky was foggy red and the numa dogs were barking. There was a certain buzz of haste in the air as me and my second officer anaroc were racing through the map to farm the gaurdian for guild giveaway prizes. He was grumpy that day. We had run through the level and at the end I tripped on the root of a maneating plant and a couple of vular tickers and 12 numa dogs ate my face... Anaroc was killed by the gaurdian. We respawned and ran through and died twice more. The whole time gathering the entire zones enemies in the same spot... We had no clue it was happening, and then... Heaven showed up. We were so excited to see her we forgot about our troubles and charged through with her. When they got to the ultra mob... It was to late. There were no survivors. Anaroc and heavensblade were killed instantly with no suffering. It was greed and that killed you heavensblade, not a super numa mob... Well that too but, really we are sorry. ~CLIPS~

p.s. pinkcatz says she is sorry for your loss too. She told me she checked the LEADERBOARDS every day watching you catch up to her and is really sorry it had happened.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kendrick View Post

p.s. pinkcatz says she is sorry for your loss too. She told me she checked the LEADERBOARDS every day watching you catch up to her and is really sorry it had happened.
    1 death = same KDR as 0 deaths
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help