Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Regarding Mount Fang and the Level Cap Raise

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Since we announced that the next content release to Pocket Legends, Mount Fang, would raise the level cap to 65 (66 for the elite) we have seen player concerns about how quickly this level cap raise is coming, compared to the timing between the Balefort Sewers content and Nuri's Hallows.

Honestly, the long length of time between Balefort Sewers and Nuri’s Hallows was more a result of the release of Star Legends: The Blackstar Chronicles than anything else. It was a bit of a bottleneck for us, but we've increased our capabilities now and we want to more frequently add fun new content to Pocket Legends. PL is our first love, and we want to keep it fresh and fun! Of course, we want to do that in the best way possible. We are also looking at the leveling curve along with the experience needed to level and average time involved. Our aim is to have new levels as fun, obtainable goals with meaningful rewards associated with them. To address your timing concerns, we are moving the Mount Fang expansion out to later. The exact "when" is still to be determined, but suffice to say, we hear you.

In the meantime, we're very excited to roll out the Halloween Event (along with new additions added to last year’s Halloween content) which could now arrive as early as next week.

As always, we are very appreciative of the support and feedback that you, our fans, give us. We look forward to hearing your thoughts.
    Moving foward I would like to suggest the idea of Elite rewards being time based so, for example, when new cap is released it is announced that elite evel cap reward will only be obtainable for the first 2 months instead of "until the next level cap" that way players would know what to expect... After that, new content or not, the reward goes away.

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #22
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by onemadzhau View Post
    Bad move I believe we sold are sets cause you said it was coming out, love the game but frustrated with decision making and false announcements what is gonna be so hardcore about lvl 60 to 61 when everyone has it oh well time to liquidate my stuff and hibernate till I decide to come back
    Dammed if we do, dammed if we don't. Sorry you feel that way, matey. We try to be as responsive as we can and also to give out the best information that we can, but at the end of the day we know that, sadly, we can't please everyone.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Dammed if we do, dammed if we don't. Sorry you feel that way, matey. We try to be as responsive as we can and also to give out the best information that we can, but at the end of the day we know that, sadly, we can't please everyone.
    You could make a version of the game per player! Revenue would take a bit of a hit but no one would complain! :P

5. The Following User Says Thank You to StompArtist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Sam youre amazing!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Geez. Well the majority of forums has spoken I guess. Even though I'm a bit upset because I sold my stuff for super cheap.

Maybe next time you do a poll before and not after announcing the release of the new content? I'm not the only one who sold everything for super cheap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by onemadzhau View Post
    Bad move I believe we sold are sets cause you said it was coming out, love the game but frustrated with decision making and false announcements what is gonna be so hardcore about lvl 60 to 61 when everyone has it oh well time to liquidate my stuff and hibernate till I decide to come back
    Sorry dude but it's only ur fault. Why rushing into things uhu!!!

I'm very glad sts listened to us.

JulsAngel - Archer lvl 56 Customized Crown and Armor w/ Sewer King's Bow
    JulsDemon - Enchantress lvl 32 Full Onyx Set

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

When you wish upon a star........ Now time to find a way to get platinum; 61 here I come!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Awesome!
    Nourish 36 Engineer | Glu 36 Commando | Tacticz 36 Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks to Sam and devs for hearing the concerns of the community. Stinks to be those that sold thier demonic sets on the cheap in anticipation of mt fang's early release lol... also cant wait for the Halloween event (itll be my first holiday event played lmao)

Keep up the good work ^_^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Cant wait for halloween!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    Moving foward I would like to suggest the idea of Elite rewards being time based so, for example, when new cap is released it is announced that elite evel cap reward will only be obtainable for the first 2 months instead of "until the next level cap" that way players would know what to expect... After that, new content or not, the reward goes away.
    This idea fails if they increase the cap inside the time period. Cuz it would be really easy to get to level 61 if they scaled the XP back down to 10k since the new level cap is out. In which case, it's no longer elite for any reason.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

SWEET! Very good move guys, this will give me time to burn up my plat before buying another round (in which STS deserves!).
    HTC Evo - Evo acting up? Check out this post for tips!
    Cidxesyl 56 Pure Mage | Lysdexic 56 Bow Bear | Sixdelyc 21 Junk Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JulsAngel View Post
    Sorry dude but it's only ur fault. Why rushing into things uhu!!!

I'm very glad sts listened to us.
    yes I want to say I love the game but it was my fault for going by announcements and Sam its true you are in a tough spot and can't please everyone I can respect that but just I would rather be left in the dark then make the wrong decisions based on what you guys tell us but I Ty for the game and I just need a little break anyways Ty

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

One word... Lame!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

bring on halloween w00t

and maybe i will go for 61.....
    Last edited by AdinoEznite; 10-14-2011 at 12:53 PM.
    PL - Eznite, Tachmonite, Adullam, Kelach
    SL - Adino

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Just some semi-random thoughts...

I don't think having the holiday stuff concurrent with Mt. Fang should be a concern. We had the new swamps out at the same time as last year's Winter Festival and there weren't a ton of complaints. People will choose what to run. There are people who will choose one or the other, or both. Since the Halloween and Winter stuff will most definitely cost plat, some will choose not to do those by default.

If I were to "calculate" when to have Mt. Fang out, I'd do it on some xp per day expectation for "elite". Say, if you expect someone elite to get roughly 1000xp per day, you'd want Mt. Fang to be out roughly 133 days after Nuri was introduced since it takes a little over 133k XP to get from L56 to level cap L61. If you expect 2k xp for elite, then 66 days after Nuri was introduced. etc etc.

For future campaigns / level cap raises, it would be helpful to get some kind of rough timeline based on this concept of an expected xp/day goal. This way, both devs and players alike can have even more motivation in preparation for "What's Next".
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drewcapu View Post
    Just some semi-random thoughts...

I don't think having the holiday stuff concurrent with Mt. Fang should be a concern. We had the new swamps out at the same time as last year's Winter Festival and there weren't a ton of complaints. People will choose what to run. There are people who will choose one or the other, or both. Since the Halloween and Winter stuff will most definitely cost plat, some will choose not to do those by default.

If I were to "calculate" when to have Mt. Fang out, I'd do it on some xp per day expectation for "elite". Say, if you expect someone elite to get roughly 1000xp per day, you'd want Mt. Fang to be out roughly 133 days after Nuri was introduced since it takes a little over 133k XP to get from L56 to level cap L61. If you expect 2k xp for elite, then 66 days after Nuri was introduced. etc etc.

For future campaigns / level cap raises, it would be helpful to get some kind of rough timeline based on this concept of an expected xp/day goal. This way, both devs and players alike can have even more motivation in preparation for "What's Next".
    the holiday events cost plat o_O
    thats news to me
    PL - Eznite, Tachmonite, Adullam, Kelach
    SL - Adino

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AdinoEznite View Post
    the holiday events cost plat o_O
    thats news to me
    Well, last year they did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Thanks STS.

Oh and:
    Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    Two months? Might as well take them away then, as these aren't obtainable without major elixir spam and losing sleep. Oh, and people can forget about having a social life, jobs, or doing good in school.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 10-14-2011 at 01:06 PM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Sam, perhaps the idea of releasing Mount Fang without the level cap rise and then adjusting the equipment to be comparable (not superior nor inferior) to the current demonic sets has merit?

On that note, will the new "Dark Legends" cause any bottlenecks?