Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Deeevs. Pls Remove or Significantly Reduce the auction fees to 0.5%-1% & 50k-100k Max

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Default Deeevs. Pls Remove or Significantly Reduce the auction fees to 0.5%-1% & 50k-100k Max

Pleeeaaaaaaaaaase
    I have suggested (many) different things, but This is the One thing that i Really want to happen.
    (i just lost close to 1.5m from Only One Single item, on fees. and this is a Big percentage of my gold, i don't have tens of millions in gold right now. this makes me loathe(sry about the word but it's true) the game, that i otherwise like, and it happens ever so often.)
    I know that auction fee is some "gold sink", and that different gold sinks are made so that "new gold" can be produced in maps, but the problem is, that 5% are far too much, at least for me, so the result is that i just list Very few of the items that i have for sell, cause i'm afraid of too big loss, if many things are not sold.
    I saw Cinco in chat using economy terminology i'm not familiar with, so may be he knows it, and I Don't know economy. But even without knowing economy - I think it's obvious that market will be much more full of items, without fees (or with much smaller fees). If the fees are reduced 10 times - i personally may list even 20 times more items than now, so the gold terminated by my listings may even increase - but "i will be ok" , because i'll make more deals. (I will rely on the Quantity of deals(possible to sell cheaper), and not to hope to sell some individual items.). Also, when the market is more full of items, it may make greater opportunities for the buyers. And with easier "item relistings", the prices will go faster in the direction of their market price - if someone undercuts a trader then he may be ok with lowering his price too (he can also reduce his price).

Also, another idea - please add an option to list an item for "a lot longer", i mean, A LOT longer - like month, or 3 months, or may be even more. The fee may be greater with longer listings, But really, your item may be such (not often bought), that you're expecting to find a possible buyer for months, and not for hours or 1-2 days. And you may have no problem to wait, with this particular item.

People use forum when they don't wanna pay fees, but forum threads receive 50-200 views, and probably most of them are from same ppl checking multiple times, and also probably many of them are from re-sellers just checking for the possibility to resell (i do so and check threads often) - so probably the possible buyers on a thread are may be 10-30. And i Think there are more than 10-30 ppl, in game. Especially if the period is longer.
    Also, i don't wanna deal with forum. i don't wanna talk/convince/negotiate. i just wanna list.
    Also, a lot of items i have for sale are "not very sought", below 100-200k - and there are not many buyers and interest for these, in forum.
    And also, By FAR The Biggest deals are made without any fees(which is Good and "how it should be", i don't want any fees to be added to "char to char"(forum) trades), but the fee in auction is not fair for the "strictly auction traders", looks they "pay the bills" for the tradings in AL.

thx for reading. please do something about auction, devs, i hope i'm asking "nice enough"
    Last edited by voidPtr; 05-30-2017 at 04:39 PM. Reason: PS: i dont create threads in general discussion if not important to me, this is my second

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

NOPE. It will only promote merching, decreasing amount of people who run maps. It's already impossoble to run full mauso with pugs. And without this gold sink all the prices will fly even higher, doubt you'd like that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

Duh, what would u expect.. u think ppl will buy ur Greed pendant for 8.5m? Lol.. ofc it expires, with a normal belt u can hit the same amount of gold loot such as the greed set bonus gives... Told u it's not worth 7.5-8.5m...

#KarmaIsA.....(the last word u can fill in urself)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Another -1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

/konastolemycake
    #Bluelivesmatter #StopTrashTreads2017 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF5...BTc_Pp4oWa2kwQ

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

I tend not to put something in auction unless i know the price or there is(or had been) competition . rest is history.

Be nice for Op's features but would not work

Sorry for your loss, just lesson learned

Thank you all

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

"would decreasing amount of people who run maps" - you sure about that?
    "Told u it's not worth" - YOU think so. and even if YOU right and I'M wrong with my judgement, then i shouldn't lose anything. I should just Not sell and make No deal, nomatter How Long i'm Waiting.
    "-1" - rational or sane reason ?
    5% only hinders auction trades. any intelligent reason trading to be hindered? and only one part of trading (in which all ppl can see your listings, not only traders), not the other? you prefer "not all" players to see "bigger" listings, only forum traders(Far Fewer ppl) to see them?
    tradings are bad for the game? then why forum trades exists? tradings are item interchange; and are interconnected with the economy of the game. why item interchange should be hindered, in you opinion?
    Last edited by voidPtr; 05-31-2017 at 01:16 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voidPtr View Post
    "would decreasing amount of people who run maps" - you sure about that?
    "Told u it's not worth" - YOU think so. and even if YOU right and I'M wrong with my judgement, then i shouldn't lose anything. I should just Not sell and make No deal, nomatter How Long i'm Waiting.
    "-1" - rational or sane reason ?
    5% only hinders auction trades. any intelligent reason trading to be hindered? and only one part of trading (in which all ppl can see your listings, not only traders), not the other? you prefer "not all" players to see "bigger" listings, only forum traders(Far Fewer ppl) to see them?
    tradings are bad for the game? then why forum trades exists? tradings are item interchange; and are interconnected with the economy of the game. why item interchange should be hindered, in you opinion?
    No man, u shouldn't try to infect the prices by listing ur amulet for 8.5m.. like ppl would buy an as good as useless Greed set -.-"

And yes it will infect the prices badly.. also many joke listers Will show up, like they list Deary for 99.999.999g.. such things happened in the past already (at test server but yolo xD)

... And try to use less CAPS cuz it looks like ur pretty butthurt and mad asf =)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

There must be some kind of penalty for players who want to overprice items. If not gold than time penalty, for example if you list something in cs than you cant list that same item again for 3 days. If no penalty what would stop player listing something for 8m and real value is 1m and than another one comes list for 7,999,999 than previous one cancle sale and lists for 7,999,998 and so on and so on. Someone already said it would encourage players to camp even more in town...
    I think gold penalty is good enough already cosuse gold loss and income are balanced now (i think).

Just dont list items you are not sure gonna sell, 3 days lifetime is already enough and price for 12h and 3days is almost same.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Azemeazed For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

if YOU think that the value of some item is 1m, and some seller list this same item for 8m, and after that some buyer actually Buys this particular item - this means that Your judgement is wrong and that this item is not overpriced (since a buyer exists); and if noone buys this 8m item - this means that the Seller's judgement is wrong and the penalty is the time wasted; and if the seller lists the item for long time, lets say three months and noone buys it - then seller's penalty is three months wasted on waiting. This is how forum works, why auction should be different? Auction and forum are both same tradings, only difference is that auction listings can be seen from ingame (not forum) players. Why auction and forum trades should be different? Both are "item interchange". Just "trade forum" player base is much smaller.

And traders undercutting with 1 gold ? 8m , 7,999,999 , 7,999,998 ... - this is a very "Not smart" thing a trader to do (, to say the least) - i will never lose my time undercutting thousand times, it will take me a whole day(s). Very soon (after very few relistings) i would list for MY lowest price and that's it (i will not go lower). MOREOVER, when i buy as a buyer, and see something undercut with Very Little (1 gold,1k,5k or may be even more with very expensive items), then i NEVER buy from the undercutter and ALWAYS buy the higher one, because both items Are actually the Same price, And also i think it's Joke someone in practice to be telling me: "hey, i'm selling 1 gold less(or 1k less), buy from me".
    Last edited by voidPtr; 05-31-2017 at 06:00 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

Go list ur pendant another 10times, waste 5m on listing. Try to infect the prices to list it extremely high, it's Just karma =). None offers 8m for a pendant like that.. it's max 3-4m.. it's the same with those Molts, ppl list high (2m) and try to sell it for 800k in towns tho the actual value is not more than 180k.. basically it's Just scamming isn't it?

Tho the comment u wrote it looks like ur pretty mad.. and pls.. less CAPS it's quite annoying

PS: this isn't a hate comment, Just my oppinion about those kind of players!. =)

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

<double post> because of the mod bot
    Last edited by voidPtr; 06-02-2017 at 12:07 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

runagain, you comment two times, and two times talk ... things that are "not right" and not on the thread's point. i tried to avoid telling you (, cause it Principally doesn't matter for This thread, if you are right or wrong, for this particular amu), but now i'll have to inform you.
    This is market. In market prices, it doesn't matter what YOU think. The market price of an item the price for which there are buyer(s). A market.
    Since you insist, i'll tell you for this "greed amu" - After you told me your ... "estimations" , and a little more then a week ago (in saturday), not one but TWO (i repeat, TWO) greed amus were sold in auction, BOTH for 7.5m (and one of them was my dex greed amu (mine sold actually 7.7), the other one stayed in auction for not many hours also). So I was Right with my "market price judgement" back then, and you were Wrong (which i Didn't told you in my previous posts). BECAUSE IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO'S ESTIMATION IS RIGHT OR WRONG. Estimations can ALWAYS be wrong. Noone should be punished for "wrong estimation". 2 was sold for this price, third not - so it probably needs More Time. But one particular "amu example" DOESN'T MATTER. EVEN if you Were Right Initially with your estimation - the problem stays the same:
    My question is in principle: Why there should be difference between auction and forum trades(both are just item exchanges)? What you're telling about that?
    Last edited by voidPtr; 05-31-2017 at 07:36 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voidPtr View Post
    My question is in principle: Why there should be difference between auction and forum trades(both are just item exchanges)? What you're telling about that?
    Auc is 85% of the Times overpriced, as u can see (if not ur probs blind or need a pair of glasses) Traders market is always lower than Auc, compare it with Camp and other towns (Traders Market). Tho stop typing with those CAPS it's quite annoying, and it hurts me pretty badly that's not the thought behind it no? Anyway.. if u compare auc with Traders Market, Just gg urself.

Anyway thanks for the entertainment, you gave me smth to do during my school day =)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts

Big -1 to this idea!!, there is a reason for that, imagine all the irrelevant things that will flood the auction!!! the price u pay for putting something in auction is to avoid that people put anything at any price!!
    Last edited by PatD; 05-31-2017 at 08:43 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

-11 disagree with this,the fees are just fine to me.

Have a good day

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Remove? Then you'll see everything on auction.... All items price will become lower and lower cuz people would out their items in auc with 1g different than others...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

-1 to this
    Lowering auction fees will result in more troll price, if some hoarder consistently list 5 nekros for 10m with little to no penalties other ppl will eventually follow in the madman footsteps, may not have any effect in the short run, but in the long run the buyer will eventually gave in since they cant get it otherwise (raising nekro price will also increase fossil and vial price).

If anything, sts should increase auction fees as a gold sink -_-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Yeah, I do not support this either. The auction was designed to be a gold sink and in order to get things to sell, players who list try to go for a price to risk ratio they believe is worth it. They ultimately want items to sell for as much as possible without having it expire which would cost the listing fee. Perfect example is someone listing a vanity for 45m which cost him 2m. 3 days later it doesn't sell and he relists for 36m which roughly costs another 2m to list. See the price reduction? If the listing fee was drastically reduced, you'll actually get price inflation in CS as there's no penalty for having items expire. You'll get more troll items being listed into the millions more so than now. The 5% needs to stay to keep the CS flow nominal. If your items aren't selling, you've overpriced the demand for it. Having it longer in cs won't help your cause to sell.

The problem is that you want to make gold, but are losing it to the listing fees. Perhaps you need to find other items that are desirable or adjust your farming areas. You can't force people to pay for something they don't want.
    Last edited by Kakashis; 06-01-2017 at 10:21 AM.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

No..the auction fees are being used to refurbish the presidential cake stash...

Request denied

The thin line between entertainment and war
    There'll be no shelter here