Hello Star Legends community. Today I will be discussing about two types of offensive builds for the Operative Class.
-First of all, I would like to tell you that the role of the operative class is foremost the simplest one. You are depended on to exterminate the monsters with highest defense and HP. However, you will have to rely on a commando's taunting ability and the engineer's heal and support skills. Its preferably that you wait for the commando to first engage the opponent before receiving contact. This way you wont have to worry about being attacked by several enemies since nearly every skill you have only focus on one enemy. Leave the weaker monsters to the commando and engineer because they can deal severe damage to multiple targets in ranged with their AoE skills. By the time they have finished, either you have already killed the enemy with the highest HP or its nearly defeated. this method will decrease the amount of time needed to move on to the next set of mobs.
Here is my lv30 Operative, Nagisachan(by the way, Nagisa is the name of a japanese friend I have and -chan is a name suffix for their language. similar to Mr. and Mrs. in our language =) moving on,
Here is how i distributed my skill points.
1. First of all, you must max the DoT skills which are Flames of Insanity & Psychic Lash. Lets say you used Mind Wrack at lv6 which gives 10-25 damage in one attack and has a 6 second downtime. In 1 minute that will be 100-250damage. Now if you use Flames of Insanity with 11-12damage per second for 4 seconds and has an 8 second cooldown, in 1 minute you would have dealt 330-360damage!!! to your opponent. Not to mention that every CRIT you hit on flames of insanity is double the damage. Compared to Mind wrack which will only be activated 10 times in one minute, Flame of Insanity will strike 30 times in one minute which has a higher chance of dealing CRIT hits on your opponent.
2. The same goes for Psychic Lash. At lv6 it does 11-13 damage every 2 sec. with a 6 sec. duration and a 6 sec. cooldown. That means you can use it again RIGHT AWAY after it wears off. In 1 minute you would have dealt 330-390damage!!!
3. You MUST get Amplify Pain no matter what skill build you have. At lv6 it has +10crit chance , +15 damage buff, and -120 armor to the enemy you are targeting for a duration of 5seconds with an 8second cooldown. That means if you use Flames of Insanity once after using Amplify Pain, you would deal
104-108 damage in 4 seconds which would have been normally 44-48 damage in 4 seconds without it. Not to mention you also decreased the enemy's defense by 120 and increased your chances of hitting CRIT.
*NOTE* these calculations only based on the amount of attack the skill has. During gameplay you will deal more damage. For example, when I used Amplify pain on Slouch-O and used Flames of Insanity, I was dealing 40-50 damage per tick without critical.
4. 1 point is needed on Lurch since it pushes and knocks down the enemy. However it has a very low attack so it is not worth wasting 5 more points on it.
5. 2 Points on Mind wrack, why 2? it only strikes once as I have explained in step 1 and the other skill points can be used somewhere else. Its powerful and quick, definitely worth increasing to lv5 or 6 once the level CAP goes up. (make it 3 if you are lv31)
6. Max Precision to lv6. It will buff you with +14 hit and 60% CRIT for a duration of 10 seconds. Sadly it has a 1 minute cooldown but still definitely worth getting. CRIT chance doubles your damage and If you use Amplify Pain with Precision while wearing full lv30 gear, your CRIT chance increases to 87% and If you use the lv30 heavy pistol from Plat store and CRIT implant you can even increase it to 92%.
7. Now you are left with 2 skill points. Put 1 on Neural Shock and one on Sympathetic Anguish. It does not matter if they are only lv1. They will still deal a great amount of damage depending on your Base Stats. Its not always about the amount of points you put in each skill. The ones that strike more than once are more important. If you are wondering why 1 point on anguish even though it has a possibility of striking 3 times, it's because it has a 10 sec. downtime which is pretty long compared to the other skills, and even though it jumps twice. the damage is reduced by 20% per jump. It's not as good as most people say.
NOW, FOR THE CHOICE OF WEAPONS...
-Here are the my lv30 Operative Stats with the 3 most effective weapons.
*NOTE* I am using Eagle-Eye Damage Implant for all 3. Why? This build depends on your base attack. If you have a bunch of attack skills then their damage will increase if you have higher base attack, therefore this implant is currently the most useful one.
1) First off, the least effective weapon for this build is the Deatomizer (lv30 Epic dual pistols)
I say that it is the least effective because it doesn't have the highest BASE attack. Sure it is faster and has higher DPS(damage per second) but that only counts for normal attacks. So if you are cheap on stimpacks and depend on normal attacks rather than skills then I suggest you try an alternative build here it is for those who are lv30: You will have a total of 29 skill points by that time.
-lv6 Mind Wrack
-lv6 Flames of Insanity
-lv4 Inner Focus, 5 points if you are lv31 ( at lv6 it uses 0 energy and has +8 health and mana regen for 10 seconds with a -5damage debuff during that 10 seconds) weakens you but it is definitely a stimpack saver.
-lv6 Amplify pain
-lv6 Precision ( it is very useful and it will not consume that much energy because of its long cooldown)
2) The 2nd most effective weapon is the Atomic Disperser( lv30 epic Rifle)
Why? it has the highest amount of base attack so far. As I have said before base attack increases the total damage for every skill you have. Although it is slow and have a low DPS so depending on normal attacks would be futile. Also, you cannot equip a shield with it so your chances of survival are lowered.
3) The most effective weapon for this build is Black Widow( lv30 epic heavy pistol) It is a one-handed weapon so you can equip a shield with it. a lv30 Modified Mark Vl Holo-Shield gives you +9str, +5dex, +25 Health, +20 Mana, and +144 armor. Not only will it increase your chances of surviving but adds more mana. More BASE MANA means you gain more when you are using Stimpacks. Not only is this weapon a one-handed weapon but it has the 2nd highest base attack available for you to use. It is also faster than the Atomic Disperser.
4) As for the armor to equip, DO NOT use the platinum gear. Platinum gear increases your dodge rate and hit%, but has lower DEX, HEALTH, and MANA bonus compared to a lv30 epic (or CUSTOM) gear and it DOES NOT GIVE CRIT %
*NOTE* IF you have a complete set of lv30 Custome gear, it has a bonus +1mana regen and bonus base attack. If possible then I recommend that you get it, It will make your Operative more powerful and save more stimpacks.
A reminder to you all, This build is for players who would rather kill faster than save stimpacks. After all, why save so much money when you arent going to spend it? Whats the point of being rich when you will not make use of it? When running with this build it depends on you if you want to spam each skill right after they have cooled down. It all depends on which enemy you are fighting. If you are fighting a boss, or a powerful mini-boss then I recommend you spam each skill right after using Amplify Pain or Precision to increase the total damage dealt. You will have to get used to using all 8 keys on your skill slots fairly quick because you're gonna have to keep switching from slot 1 to 2. That is all that I have to share with you all, I hope that this helps answer some of your questions and enhances your gameplay =]
If you have any questions feel free to ask me on one of these characters: Heavensblade, Lostmemories, or Nagisachan.