Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Try to save yourself - On Topic of Quitting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Thumbs up Try to save yourself - On Topic of Quitting.

So, sitting in the car, on the way to Disney World and I felt I had an epiphany to share. Today, I gathered in my life with PL and the people I have met, lost, and gained in friendship along the way. Note: This is not a quitting thread, but rather just something to think about. When you quit, you do it because of an issue you face or boredom. This message is meant to basically persuade you. Quitting doesn't only affect you, it affects your friends. I noticed, when people quit or disappear, they slowly degrade the fun. Due to the low income of friends later in your PL career. Therefore, the number of people who quit to the number of friend you make is a bad ratio, at least for me. I would like to say, don't quit without listening to your friends, because over anything, that's honestly what makes PL epic, the people you meet along your journey. It's like taking all the cool people spread out across the world, and sticking them in one dome, with everyone's shyness turned down to 0%. I feel as if you may already know this, but for those who don't, consider it please. I hate when others quit. Because we have lost some valuable players, I would like to say, at least, if anything, find someone to take under your wing that you know will stay, and help that one person before you leave. I try to achieve this with my buddy WTB, because they are part of the future of Alterra. If you're reading this, and plan on quitting or even taking a break, come talk to me, or message me on forums :P. I didn't feel as if this was Off-Topic, because it's relations. This will most-likely be edited a bit around 12-2 a.m. EST, but for now, I am gonna go enjoy Disney World. Laters.

-we
    Last edited by WoundedEagle; 10-15-2011 at 07:47 AM. Reason: With not will

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to WoundedEagle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

A nice speech

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

I won't, but if I EVER say I want or am going to, Cyber-slap me out of it, k? Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

K hey u wanna do runs with me?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well you can't control if someone gets bored. When something gets repetitive it gets boring. I mean you can only complain to sts to add some variety. But imo, im a sl player, pl has variety, where as you can choose how you spec. I just can't get into it due to the setting. I don't want to be a animal. Plain and simple. Sl has no variety, we all wear the same gear, pump one stat, and skills cool down are so long, all you need is a taunt or empathy. I've gone off topic. People quit out of boredom, if your life demands you have less time it's your choice to prioritize. Something more fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

WE, elegant speech buddy....but unfortunately MMO games are a passing phase for most folk just for the Social reason...most younger folk wanna kill someone and move on, thus the success of COD MW2/BF2....etc etc....unlike us hard core players who in RL dress up (and participate)for renaissance festivals...complete with titles and hand servants....lol. Society as a whole has seemed to become anti-social on a verbal level or so it seems to me....and im sorry texting is not a form of "social-gathering" at least to me. Then there is the financial reasons....MMO games can be very very expensive...take me for instance im 7g's into a different online game over the span of 4 years...but that is the cost of wanting the best armor/mounts/weapons i reckon. But i do understand what you mean by saying the game degrades a little each time a player or friend quits. but again great speech...way to capture how most of us feel...
    Legion Guild {guild-master}

Trixxspet {lvl 60 Storm-Bringer}
    TexasTrigger
    {lvl 36 Stick-Slinger}

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Respectfully since im 13 why do you make such a big deal about this game freind online will come and go real freinds in life if their good freind will never leave you. this is a game where u make freinds yea but keep in mind eventualy they will move on we just have to deal with it.
    Ign: mwayneo
    Mage/Engineer ign: mwayneo (main)----Bear ign: mmwayneo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

I know they will move on. The Objective was to think of the consequences of said domino effect. And to point out, if i ever get bored, to keep me playing. Because PL is never boring due to STS will to continue their magic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Very good speech enjoy Disney World!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default ye

What roasty said!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roasty View Post
    Very good speech enjoy Disney World!
    Quote Originally Posted by LINKERY(Link) View Post
    What roasty said!
    Thank you both!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good thing that ive come to accpet that friends you meet online come and go. And good thing that ive only played this game for barely 2 months and havent really made such deep connection with anyone. Now that ive been lvl 61 for like a week and i have nothing to do, im seriously thinking of quitting.... Well maybe ill connect sometimes to say hi to some when i get real bored

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I got bored of PL because all 96.5% of all the weapons look the same even though there different campaigns all my Real PL friends when i first started have all left PL because we grinded EXP so much and we didnt have anything new to look up too and we also were a little upset one of our greastes PL players was banned TheLoneArcher now that i think of it Friends really have a big impact Money never buys happiness
    Friends do But when all my friends had quit it was kind of a big fall for me as when i started Items werent 75 Platimum Or like now 500 platinum i remember the good old days 15 platinum for an item and searching for droids to get items or devs but now there is no point on doing that as you can just wait on Deal Of the Day to get it... Last All the players now are greedy as items in CS rocket it to prices over 4 Mill come on the only players buying that are the Wallet players or the Hardcore Scammers or farmers ....

but please Stop making everything into platinum as some people dont have the luxury to pay evryday 50$ or more to get a item they really want...

This is NOT a HATE or Flame message its simply my opinion on the game i have more to say but i'll save that for another time...

Happy Huntings.... SUPAPRODIGY
    in memory of a once great game...--.

SupaProdigy level 32 operative SpaceReaper level 12 .Beastrocity lvl 63
    Supaprodigy level 56 bird Toquickforu level 60 Paladin! Top Shot Mafia. Empty-Space

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

I like friends, but there are always those friends ready to be met too so (get the crackers ready for the cheesiness) while I will always have a loyalty to old friends, I have some loyalty reserved for those new friends too

Proud Member of Eclipse
    PL: Rocshana[main, lvl 75]
    AL: Roc [warrior] with my trusty puppy Crescent

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Totally agree it makes the game way more boring for me and others. (Probably not correct grammar.) Except I actually accept all requests on one of my characters...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Wow, I usually dont go in for sentimentality in games, but that was a great little essay. The bit about about the quality of the friends u make early vs. the friends u make later is so very true, but sometimes undervalued.

Thanks for saying this!

in game name: GIMBOID lvl 66 Archer Yeah, I'm SRINGY, Get over it!
    Totally indifferent member of FAIL
    INHALE RAGE EXHALE VENGEANCE...THERE IS NO FNORD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Nicely said.

For me MMOs never last forever. No matter how good it is, people play it to kill time, and months, maybe years later, you look back and realize how stupid you were and how much time, effort as well as money you wasted on it. happened to me 3 times in a row games don't last forever.

Lv 61 Int-Chantress Silverkakari
    Lv 21 farming twink DairyFarmer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

To be honest... Its to bad to see others leave but at the same time its there choice. We should not have to persuade people to stay since our community that we have is awesome and there would is no reason to leave in that aspect.

For those who are bored and want to take a break I support this 100%. Why play something that you have no entertainment value from. Video games are meant to be played for fun not to be played as work. (Unless your a gaming company its both)
    (Yes I killed a dev)
    Don't screw with the pew! (not literally) lol
    Active Toons: MoarPewPew,Enrages,PewPewJr
    I award Pew Points.(Keep Track!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Parth has prevented me from quitting twice.
    N W A

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jespo View Post
    Parth has prevented me from quitting twice.
    Same; once. Love that guy.
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]