Thread: Ever increasing item awakenings

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Default Ever increasing item awakenings

I am very conflicted about whether or not adding awakenings to so many items is beneficial or not. The past season, STS has tried to make the game more friendly to F2P players. All the items that can be awakened undermines these efforts as OP awakenings are something that alienates majority of AL from having maxed or even near to maxed stats.

On the other hand, it completely ruins twink gameplay, forcing them to either quit or come to end game, which is a huge step in the right direction.

A possible solution to have the best of both is to add awakening to only twink items.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    I am very conflicted about whether or not adding awakenings to so many items is beneficial or not. The past season, STS has tried to make the game more friendly to F2P players. All the items that can be awakened undermines these efforts as OP awakenings are something that alienates majority of AL from having maxed or even near to maxed stats.

On the other hand, it completely ruins twink gameplay, forcing them to either quit or come to end game, which is a huge step in the right direction.

A possible solution to have the best of both is to add awakening to only twink items.
    -100 i like all these awakenings =] it brings out diff builds and keeps things interesting !
    You can farm awakenings gems too so with hard work comes rewards ^_^ you just gotta try.

Also if u are having a problem with gold, mauso 5-6 are amazing for gold drops and loot. I kno of many players who have racked up millions in pve without spending a dime on plat.so anyone using "you buy plat blah blah " needs to rethink that argument. Like i said hard work pays off ^^
    Last edited by Spell; 06-07-2017 at 04:19 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Spell For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

+1 Down with the thinks!

-1 You're a nerd.

On a serious note, I think awakenings are more or less fine, with the exception being gold loot due to its effect on the economy but that's a whole different debate, and the difference speed awakenings make for timed runs.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Not constructive?

Sent from my LT26ii using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Awakening item should only available for items level 46+ since the minimum requirement to perform awakening start at level 46. They made big mistake to make it available at low level without readjust the stat value.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Horme View Post
    Awakening item should only available for items level 46+ since the minimum requirement to perform awakening start at level 46. They made big mistake to make it available at low level without readjust the stat value.
    I agree with you, i loved twink pvp then the awakening event came. Then it all went down hill after that. Awakening is good at endgame though.
    #Bluelivesmatter #StopTrashTreads2017 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF5...BTc_Pp4oWa2kwQ

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spell View Post
    -100 i like all these awakenings =] it brings out diff builds and keeps things interesting !
    You can farm awakenings gems too so with hard work comes rewards ^_^ you just gotta try.

Also if u are having a problem with gold, mauso 5-6 are amazing for gold drops and loot. I kno of many players who have racked up millions in pve without spending a dime on plat.so anyone using "you buy plat blah blah " needs to rethink that argument. Like i said hard work pays off ^^
    I don't have a problem with gold. If I do run low on gold, I find a way to make it, more often by plat then not. This is not a post rooted in personal issues. It is a more general post for the stability of AL and balance between f2p and paying customers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

i think sts needs to reduce the random factor in these awakenings, unlock awakenings on all items asap, and then rebalance all the enhancements by considering how powerful a set of fully awakened gears is.

and until now i still think that the stat bonus from awakening/enhancement is a redundant addition to jewels.
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

Actually if you farm in Mausoleum, all these gold prices shouldn't be a problem at all. For example you can easily make up to 1m a day Just by running a couple of hours in Mausoleum.

Tho for endgame the awakes doesn't change the balance at all. The damage Will get higher, but at the same time all this can be compensated by such awakenings as %-armor or %-health.

We don't get forced to buy plats, this expansion is a really F2P one.. ofcourse there are a few benefits for P2P players, but that's normal and also should be.

And yes, it ruined the Twink brackets, if they remove the armor awakening below a specific level would be Nice.. but for endgame it actually doesn't make any chance in PvP, in PvE it will only be easier..

All this kind of gearing could be part of the new expansion.. which means it will be a really hard one..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

All these extra stats aren't really helping people...
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by extrapayah View Post
    i think sts needs to reduce the random factor in these awakenings, unlock awakenings on all items asap, and then rebalance all the enhancements by considering how powerful a set of fully awakened gears is.

and until now i still think that the stat bonus from awakening/enhancement is a redundant addition to jewels.
    I agree. Phasing it out is a little annoying because you think you are maxed out stat wise, and the BAM! you need to spend more gold/ plat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

It could come out differently we never know lol